First Son
2 posts

UPDATE - Wheres my refund?!   Finally decided to call in...

Nov 22, 2011

UPDATE - Wheres my refund?!

Finally decided to call in to the store that I purchased the game from, as Naughty Dog dont seem to be giving any signs of resolving this issue. I thought I might as well get a refund and then buy the game down the track when its cheaper and when they've finally solved this issue. So I tried to get a refund, but they wont do anything unless they can re-create the problem themselves, which is unlikely as they are totally unaware of any issue or returns. This is total crap Naughty Dog, some people (although maybe only a few on the larger scale of things) are having these issues, at least release some official statement so I can get my money back.

ORIGINAL ISSUE - Game loads fine for me and I can actually play, however numerous cutscene, music and level loading issues occur making this game a disapointing and frustrating experience. Not worth the cash at all.

Message 81 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Where is the Key to answer on this? They are pretending n...

Nov 23, 2011
Where is the Key to answer on this?
They are pretending not to see our topics?

The same happens with my PS3 60GB.

The Video game gets off without stopping.
Message 82 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Very Long Loading times, Freezes

Nov 23, 2011

DETAILS:
- 120 GB PS3 Slim (almost 2 years old) 
- CECH-2002A
- Havent changed the hard drive
- Regular Uncharted 3 copy pre-oredered at EB Games Australia BCES 01175

ISSUES:
- Incredibly long loading times. took me a very long time to get to the title screen (approx. 5-10 minutes)
- tried multiplayer took even longer to get that started (approx. 15-30 min) started up at the multiplayer menu character didnt load/ run across the screen at the menu neither did the emblem in the background
- started a match like normal, game tried to load the map but froze, had to manually shut down system
- as the game was loading durning loading screens etc. system made very... 'unpleasent' noises like clicking and jarring noise like the disk was stuck or the system was struggling

Played majority of the game fine, finished campagin on normal, reached lvl 50 in multiplayer until i played another game (infamous 2, ico & shadow of the colossus collection, sly trilogy) then went back to this. I have no intention of returning the game because i know this is something that can be fixed, just got to be patient, do what you can ND :smileyhappy: 

Message 83 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

UPDATE: I can confirm that uninstalling the 1.01 patch so...

Nov 23, 2011
UPDATE:

I can confirm that uninstalling the 1.01 patch solved the performance and SROD loading issues I was having with the single-player Campaign, however NOT after crashing my PS3 one final lime first. (For a rundown of the issues check few pages back)

Happy customer? No. The problem now is that I cannot play online because I need to install the 1.01 patch again to do that. I don't know if that'll bring all the former issues back so I'll sit this one out until the next patch is released. But HOW ABOUT OFFICIALLY ACKNOWLEDGING THE PROBLEMS FIRST?
Message 84 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

To anyone in the UK, submit your problem to Watchdog.  I...

Nov 23, 2011

To anyone in the UK, submit your problem to Watchdog.  I have.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Message 85 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1017 posts

So, why has nothing been brought up yet except a thread c...

Nov 24, 2011

So, why has nothing been brought up yet except a thread creation?  I want to play this game but I'm unable to bare with the stutter.  I have two ps3 consoles, one is 2nd gen slim and the other one is 1st gen fat.  not working no matter what hdd (original or not)

Currently Playing:
Message 86 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

the repair bill?

Nov 25, 2011

well, i just got my 4 years fat ps3 (without warranty) back from repair. They said that its going to costs me 230$ to fix the yellow light of death failure. I said to the man in the fone, that this faliure cant be fixed, because it will get it again, even if u try to fix it, so why spend money on that?.. but the main question is: Why do i have to pay for a failure, that was caused by the constant freezing/overheating problem in the uncharted 3 game?? thats really great ND and Sony. I also called sony to tell/confront them with these threads on ND homepage, and what this game did to my ps3. But guess what.. they couldnt care less.

Message 87 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Yeah we are being completely ignored from all angles. Pat...

Nov 25, 2011

Yeah we are being completely ignored from all angles. Pathetic really.  Makes me wonder if I should even support Sony going forward, who knows what is going to happen with future games who try to push it like they did. Considering both wiped their hands with this issue, perhaps I should do the same. I can think of many companies that would take my thousands of dollars of business each year.

Message 88 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Yes. it's kind of sad...

Nov 25, 2011

...now on week 4 after relase and nothing to comfort the crowd that put their trust in this game.

I skipped buying two UC3 as christmas gift and get another game instead for these children. I don't want gifts that I think might be crap.

For me, I might be buying it later if it's fixed and buyers are treated respectfully...which is not happening now.

I can think of two things...ND staff are completely worked out and need a break after lauch of this game...or they have not a clue what's going on.

That's my optmistic view of ND.

I won't tell the other here yet until we know what is happening or not.

Message 89 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
26 posts

yellow light

Nov 26, 2011

well you know, i got my first ps3 blown up, by assassins creed, heard a lowd pheeew!! sound when it froze and thouhgt: HU?! that sounded..expensive.. and it was.. now i see alot of games ruening ps3 systems, UN3.. and the new Batman.. weird thing is, only when assassins creed 1, came out on PSN store did my game start working like it should! even thogh assassins creed 1 had ruined more systems than mine! hope ND does not let it go that far or long for a fix! ND im just sayin: let us hear some thing??? please?? :-)  ?

Message 90 of 167 (251 Views)
0 Likes