Fender Bender
2629 posts

Re: Petition to merge all maps into rotation

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah the TLOU has been hacked similair to every other online gaming doesn't mean the network coding isn't superior to that of UC3 & the matchmaking is miles ahead of what they did with UC3.

But F2P like @SjShane said has kept a steady influx of new players into the game I see them a lot in the DLC & default pool. Unlike TLOU, Uncharted 3 has 9 modes & then these 9 modes are split into two players pools each which means there's like 18 player pools in Uncharted compared to what 5 + their DLC pools so make that 10 even thoughI heard most people there play in the default pool? Think about for this  a second & you can still find games in every single mode in UC3 the player count is still decent but we can't tell because of fragmented player base.

As for the TLOU going F2P... Never gonna happen especially if the rumor is true about the PS4 coming this summer plus it doesn't have enough content to warrant going F2P.

Message 221 of 229 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2177 posts

Mar 27, 2014
If TLOU MP goes F2P on the PS4, and the DLC hats/guns/skills don't become free, let's just say ND would have a pretty good summer, lol. Wouldn't it be the first AAA multiplayer F2P title on the PS4?

But yeah, they were to make add-ons like "Ability to find Blinding and 2x4's in supply boxes - $10.99", there's no point, and it would only push players away.
Pepsi
Message 222 of 229 (286 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

you can still find games in every single mode in UC3

Not really. Unless you're talking about TDM.

I thought that was the reason most people ask for mandatory DLC maps & consolidated playlists?

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 223 of 229 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2629 posts

Mar 27, 2014
Umm well considering I play Uncharted 3 daily or every other couple days I'm sure I can find games in every game mode. Yes it may take awhile in certain modes like Classic, Elimination, FFA & 3TDM but if you play these modes solo you will certainly find games faster than in a Po2 or above because of no late joining.

We want the DLC maps patched in to mostly get rid of the split player base + because Lag is a huge problem coupled with the stupid legacy rank matchmaking it just makes things messy + having two seprate player pools for each game mode is the main problem not that people aren't playing modes besides TDM because that's totally not true.

Message 224 of 229 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13791 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

TLOU has 10-15k daily players according to ND and less playlists/pools. UC2 is stuck at 2.5k daily players.

We know nothing about UC3, though. Maybe someone should ask about it in the monthly Q&A?

The daily player count on Uncharted 2 is broken.

It says 0 for me at all times yet I find players. it's not reliable. I'm confident it has more players than TLOU. More modes = more players. You know though all I can do is use logic and think that I'm sure people would play a game with more to do.

Personally I'd expect Uncharted 3's numbers to even be below Uncharted 2. But we'll never know the answers.

I'm 100% confident they don't have 10K players for TLOU. If that was true we know ND. They would be milking dat DLC microtransaction cash cow.

To be fair though... I guess they are a business. Why not milk it and gain cash. That's the idea of business. Still.. Could be worse. Could be Capcom who released Resident Evil 2 and 3 about 4 times. and released Resident Evil 4 about 11 times.

Oh and Code Veronica 5 times.

Capcom are the masters of milking, ND have a long way to go.

Message 225 of 229 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Mar 29, 2014
A unified player pool is extremely necessary but id still want a feature in the MP saying how many players are currently playing the MP and how many ppl are active in each of the playlists. Ive suggested this in a different thread. But yeah, if i knew how many players were active in a sprcific mode then i would search for a match accordingly. I speak on behalf of most of the ppl here. Some modes r so dead that it requires the controller to die for them to realise that they're not gonna find a match forever
Message 226 of 229 (228 Views)
Wastelander
661 posts

Apr 16, 2014

I sign this petition

Xis That Kid

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 227 of 229 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3542 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

TLOU has 10-15k daily players according to ND and less playlists/pools. UC2 is stuck at 2.5k daily players.

We know nothing about UC3, though. Maybe someone should ask about it in the monthly Q&A?

The daily player count on Uncharted 2 is broken.

It says 0 for me at all times yet I find players. it's not reliable. I'm confident it has more players than TLOU. More modes = more players. You know though all I can do is use logic and think that I'm sure people would play a game with more to do.

Personally I'd expect Uncharted 3's numbers to even be below Uncharted 2. But we'll never know the answers.

But Uncharted 3 has more modes than UNcharted 2?

And plus, more modes = more to do, but is that more to do more fun?
I do think UC2 is more fun than TLOU, but I'm sure many disagree.

Do you feel me?

Message 228 of 229 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Apr 17, 2014
Yes! I agree, force the download. Just a tiny patch, I mean why not? All the maps are free (they're still free yeah? I haven't played in a while). It's getting a bit irksome to find someone in a public lobby (I'm referring to co-op) who doesn't have a certain map, so the other 2 are forced to play the regular (but still fun) maps.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 229 of 229 (172 Views)