Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [80+ kudos]

Oct 31, 2012
Don't let this die, it is needed way more than colors, new skins, and anything else for that matter. Before we can enjoy new colors, skins and all that crap, first we needed a consistently enjoyable online experience
Message 131 of 291 (406 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Exactly ^
Message 132 of 291 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Oct 31, 2012

I edited the OP:

ND's response here -> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Region-lock-toggle-SUPPORT-for-...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 133 of 291 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

SIGNED. If you ain't gonna fix weapons then FIX THE LAG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! This **** is unbearable and I have 3/30 connection FFS.

Message 134 of 291 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag!

Nov 1, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Since ND added the stat hat toggle, how about a region lock toggle as well?

How would it work:
On = find players with 5 connection bars (100ms maximum latency)
Off = find players ASAP regardless of latency

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Who else wants this feature?

We are well aware of this and we have discussed adding as well. It's something that might not be possible given how our matchmaking system works. Our time and resources for this might be too tight to make it happen. This feature is something we are definitely going to try to make work in future Naughty Dog projects. 

I really want to ask you Eric, what's so hard about implementing this idea?

Here's the thing: you already have a ping filter feature implemented in your matchmaking code. It's called "Searching for close players".

What we're asking for with this toggle is to search for close players ONLY, even if it would take longer to find players (remember, it would always be optional).

It can't be that hard to implement it! I am familiar with programming and I know that even a C++ novice could implement it in a couple of days.

Please discuss it with your colleagues (mainly netcode engineers) and tell us that you actually plan to implement this toggle in 1.16 or 1.17!

Thanks in advance in behalf of the Uncharted community. Smiley Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 135 of 291 (353 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Stop letting this drop to page two people. KEEP HOPE ALIVE, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!
Message 136 of 291 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Yeah I think they are ALL working on TLOU. And all future patches are basically done and in the pipeline unfortunately.

I think the toggle is totally doable but they just don't care about a game that has run its course monetarily.

Even if it didn't work properly all the time, s resl attempt would be nice.
Message 137 of 291 (303 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [59 kudos]

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

I support this. But I think "on" should be 4-5 bars, not "5 bars only", just because I think the player pool is so small that "5 only" would not work well, especially with DLC "on" (I could be wrong though). Anyway, less lag would be great Smiley Happy 

Edit: Okay, if it's not possible in Uncharted 3 (would be a shame but judging by ND's reply...) at least consider this as an option for Uncharted 4 (if there will be...) as you basically said.

Message 138 of 291 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [59 kudos]

Nov 1, 2012

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

I support this. But I think "on" should be 4-5 bars, not "5 bars only", just because I think the player pool is so small that "5 only" would not work well, especially with DLC "on" (I could be wrong though). Anyway, less lag would be great Smiley Happy 

Edit: Okay, if it's not possible in Uncharted 3 (would be a shame but judging by ND's reply...) at least consider this as an option for Uncharted 4 (if there will be...) as you basically said.

Good point, though I'd like to see ND at least test "5 bars only" to see if it could work. If it fails miserably, then I'd be fine with a shift to 4-5 bars...just knowing that they tried to have the best possible connection would be a lot better than going straight for the (admittingly, only slightly) lesser improvement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 139 of 291 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Nov 1, 2012
That's really all I'm saying ^^

Test it. Try something. Give it a shot. Maybe it doesn't work (like the current legacy matchmaking), but at least they could TRY.
Message 140 of 291 (398 Views)
0 Likes