Sackboy
394 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [59 kudos]

Oct 27, 2012
Why keep bumping it eric already replied you idiots stop throwing your toys about, the lag is not game breaking MW3 lag is. Nobody likes any type of lag but crying when imo its been made perfectly clear no region lock toggle will be implemented is getting old, ND treat us with this halloween event but still you cry if i worked at ND id be offended and insulted to come here and see how people are digging the event just to see this bs at the top. Nice guys, nice.
 photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 91 of 291 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

@XPaddyCFCX

Thanks for the free bump! Smiley Wink

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 92 of 291 (394 Views)
Sackboy
394 posts

Oct 27, 2012
@tapantaola

Yip because you can bump past the top spot.
Message 93 of 291 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Oct 27, 2012

XPaddyCFCX wrote:
@tapantaola

Yip because you can bump past the top spot.

It's just a matter of looking at the glass half full (free bump) or half empty (petty insults).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 94 of 291 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
394 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Ok dude whatever... Im saying thats probally the reason eric was here to see how people like the event and nearly the whole page is about lag, matchmaking and blindfire just dont want him thinking all fans are ungrateful.
Message 95 of 291 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

Extreme interpolation and extrapolation comes into play, when the factors considered while designing NETCODE are at the extreme ends, in such a case, a person having a high quality 1Gb connection, and a person having a crappy 1mbps connection need to be converged at a level ground and this is bound to cause a lot of problems, add to this people playing in parties with one having a very fast connection and others having a crappy connection, the variables are just too many for anyone to comprehend, also with host being another player whose connection lies somewhere in between all such connections, leading to problem known as Host disadvantage.

Interpolation or extrapolation will have to be done in either case, be it p2p or dedicated servers, but in case of dedicated servers, or rather private hosting option, the range to which correction has to be applied will be far far less, and hence a better online experience.

Only having private hosting servers cannot solve the problem, the NETCODE has to be efficient as well + designed to this effect from the first stage of development.

But with the option to host private dedicated servers, atleast people from the same region can enjoy the game with people of their own region, also the problem of host advantage also gets reduced + anyone having a crappy connection can be singled out and made to either get off the server or get a better connection. This is the only way to make the online experience a far better smoother experience.

Having said all this, as far as current situation in UC3 is concerned, i do support a region toglle, as this is the only viable option if lag has to be made bearable to a certain extent, but apart from that for all future projects, an option of hosting private servers, accompanied with atleast 7 - 10 (if not more) region based, well maintained and adequately powered Dedicated servers, and an efficient NETCODE are a must, and if I don't see this happening in the near future then, I can see a lot of people not coming back to Uncharted again, including myself !!!

Message 96 of 291 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Oct 27, 2012

XPaddyCFCX wrote:
Ok dude whatever... Im saying thats probally the reason eric was here to see how people like the event and nearly the whole page is about lag, matchmaking and blindfire just dont want him thinking all fans are ungrateful.

Funny thing is Eric posted on this WAY before the halloween event was even happening. But allwell. Point of the forums is to discuss how to improve UC3. Throw out ideas on how to do it.

And with these two agrueing it might give a ND developer a idea that slipped through the cracks and nobody cought.

I've been at my job almost 2 years and I'm a very good line lead in the production plant I work out. But sometimes I let idea's slip away from me that would be better then what Im doing and so someone points them out.

It's just like that but with a way to deal with lag. So do us all a favor and don't troll a topic because you want to throw in your two cents kid. Grow up Smiley Happy

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 97 of 291 (317 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Oct 27, 2012
@Xpaddy move on troll. You obviously like lag or benefit from it. **bleep**
Message 98 of 291 (424 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag!

Oct 27, 2012

Im in!

Message 99 of 291 (403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag!

Oct 27, 2012
i support too,it is really must be.
Message 100 of 291 (390 Views)
0 Likes