Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
3640 posts

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [120+ kudos]

Apr 6, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
> come and play a good game

But I'm already playing A good game! I'm in its forums right now :smileysad:

No you're not. Stop lying to yourself. I used to be like you, but playing a good game with actual dev support (not stat hats and useless crap) will make you wake up and smell the lag/blindfire/wack-n-roll/dbg/out of map glitches.

Sometimes love means letting go.

Message 321 of 336 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10071 posts

Apr 6, 2013
What the hell are you talking about? Are you dissing Tekken now? :smileysad:
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 322 of 336 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Apr 6, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

tln_SWE wrote:

Ping alone isn't going to solve everything because there are other network factors involved in P2P games. I played against HazeGirl4 and leonbrabo today and they both lagged like crazy even though I had full bars to them and we're all from Europe (I think). leonbrabo was just something else and easily took more than twice the amount of bullets to kill than anyone else and he didn't even flinch when grenades detonated right next to him. I joined a different lobby the next match and the difference in killing speed was so big that it felt like I was playing a different game, but you wouldn't be able to tell by just looking at the connection bars.

This is a rarity on Crysis 3 now. I don't miss Uncharted 3 because of th reason you're describing. It was so F---ing common. U3 should have been a great game, but it's laggy matchmaking and host selection practices make it a good when functional game. It rewards the laggy players with awesome scores. C3 is just better. And this is coming from a true Uncharted fan who has always defended U2/U3 against all other online shooter fanboys.

I used to rage in Killzone 2 because of laggers that killed me one second after I killed them, but at least I was able to kill them in the first place. In this game you have people running around with permanent superman boosters whose grenades can kill you from the other side of the map. I've played the lab a lot recently and it's really noticable there. I love the people who can take 5-6 MAG-5 hits in the chest without dying while being able to one-shot me with the SAS-12 from a mile away.

Message 323 of 336 (416 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Where oh where is tap?

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 324 of 336 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Where oh where is tap?

he can be found on the blogs

he schooled Eric pretty good few days back :smileylol:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_multiplayer_animal_themed_dlc_arrives_this_april/

Message 325 of 336 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Where oh where is tap?

In his own words, messed up forums and biased mods...:smileywink:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 326 of 336 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag!

Jun 15, 2013

Eric-ND wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Since ND added the stat hat toggle, how about a region lock toggle as well?

How would it work:
On = find players with 5 connection bars (100ms maximum latency)
Off = find players ASAP regardless of latency

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Who else wants this feature?

We are well aware of this and we have discussed adding as well. It's something that might not be possible given how our matchmaking system works. Our time and resources for this might be too tight to make it happen. This feature is something we are definitely going to try to make work in future Naughty Dog projects

I hate to say it, but one of your "future projects" (aka TLOU) doesn't have a ping filter toggle. :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 327 of 336 (342 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Jun 15, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Since ND added the stat hat toggle, how about a region lock toggle as well?

How would it work:
On = find players with 5 connection bars (100ms maximum latency)
Off = find players ASAP regardless of latency

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Who else wants this feature?

We are well aware of this and we have discussed adding as well. It's something that might not be possible given how our matchmaking system works. Our time and resources for this might be too tight to make it happen. This feature is something we are definitely going to try to make work in future Naughty Dog projects

I hate to say it, but one of your "future projects" (aka TLOU) doesn't have a ping filter toggle. :smileyindifferent:

They probably couldn't implement this because they were/are too busy working on Uncharted 4 now. And once we play Uncharted 4 they're too busy to implement good ideas and fix problems because they will be working on TLoU 2 or something else... :smileytongue:

Seriously though, I'm shocked that a ping filter isn't at least an option in the game. In the next generation of consoles, the option for a ping based matchmaking should be a standard. Hell it should be the standard already...

Message 328 of 336 (314 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Eric doesn't even dare to respond after his blatant lies... :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 329 of 336 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Heh, Even if TLOU was optimized for ping without a filter, they sure broke that...

This thread will be more about how ND favor the player with the worse connection.

You have a bad connection? You deserve to freeze, get killed without knowing about it and so on, you are the lagger, if you want to be equal, get better connected.

Message 330 of 336 (204 Views)