Fender Bender
3078 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag!

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

Jesus Christ yeah.  I miss the OP's posts under UC2.  ALOT of quality posts back then.  UC3 and this massive dump seemed to have pushed Tap away from the UC Universe, and that's a massive loss for us. 

At any rate, yes.  Region lock or SOMETHING to combat the absurd, game changing lag that happens under this title ALL THE TIME.  The crippling lag!   

Message 51 of 291 (560 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Now this is needed for sure. Smiley Indifferent

I used to get like 3 or 4 lagless games a day. Yesterday and today.. haha. I'm on about Zero. I wish I was exaggerating. I really do.

Message 52 of 291 (557 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Oct 25, 2012
1.15 is sooooo laggy. We need a toggle NAOOOIW!
Message 53 of 291 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I fully support this!

Level/legacy based matchmaking is the worst (if not the only bad point) thing the 1.15 Patch had brought and its terrible impact can only be minimized by a region toggle.

Photobucket
Message 54 of 291 (525 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Oct 25, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Since ND added the stat hat toggle, how about a region lock toggle as well?

How would it work:
On = find players with 5 connection bars (100ms maximum latency)
Off = find players ASAP regardless of latency

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Who else wants this feature?

We are well aware of this and we have discussed adding as well. It's something that might not be possible given how our matchmaking system works. Our time and resources for this might be too tight to make it happen. This feature is something we are definitely going to try to make work in future Naughty Dog projects. 

Message 55 of 291 (1,517 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5219 posts

Oct 25, 2012
^ Well do you have enough resources to at least consider optimising the matchmaking further?
Now it's just becoming unbearable to play games due to the increased lag in matches.
Message 56 of 291 (1,506 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

Oct 25, 2012

@eric

Dedicated servers would be way better, SONY Top franchsie would deserve this...make it clear!!!

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 57 of 291 (1,505 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

We are well aware of this and we have discussed adding as well. It's something that might not be possible given how our matchmaking system works. Our time and resources for this might be too tight to make it happen. This feature is something we are definitely going to try to make work in future Naughty Dog projects. 

That's a shame to hear, changing the matchmaking to search based upon Legacy has increased lag significantly. Is there any solution that you can provide? Is it possible to give us a toggle for using the old matchmaking search system? Anything!

Message 58 of 291 (1,494 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3797 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

How would it work:

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Eric not to sound condescending here but can you explain why you cant do this?

Your giving a very vivid explanation of why not.

Many have asked for this for a long time and it just makes sense.

You may not have enough players that stick around with you guys long enough to see your future projects.

Not doing this is crushing you fan base.

No one asked for "stat hats" man.

Couldn't this time and resources been more utilized by giving your fan base what they have asked for - for a very long time.

Players wanted a bit more customization not more gimmicks.

I whole heartedly believe many would have took a region option in place of the tournament system to no avail.

Players just want game play fixes. The only players that really want flash are new players whom will dump this title for the next '"flashy" game that hits the markets.

You have the ability to check the stats of the players on your game. Listen to the players that have stuck with you. Dont listen to the players that just bought the game have 10 hrs into it and think you should bend the game to them.

There are many players that live eat and breath this game- listen to them.
 They are easy to find.

Your long time fans just want a balanced game, less lag, gun fights based on skill not who have the best mods, not being split from their parties, and most of all MUCH LESS LAG.

Your team could have OWNED all other competition in the industry, I believe this firmly.

You still have the capabilities to fix this you just need to do some employee clean up.

The people making the wrong decisions need to go.

If anything ask your community, put up a poll, vote, let us help to make this game the way it should have been.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 59 of 291 (1,468 Views)
Gaming Beast
1955 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

How would it work:

I sit here at my computer desk to finally see that you guys have actually discussed this! I'm so glad to hear that, it... brings tears to my eyes.

Now... those tears have changed from happiness to profound sadness within the exact same post. Please tell me you are looking at other solutions, then? It seems so crazy... to have overlooked this in your netcode to be unable to implement it as a toggle as a result. Smiley Sad

Photobucket
Message 60 of 291 (1,460 Views)