Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag!

Oct 25, 2012
I have coded the network portion of other games and I've read technical papers on the netcode in UC3 so I understand how it works. You obviously don't...
Message 51 of 336 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2836 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

tln_SWE wrote:
I have coded the network portion of other games and I've read technical papers on the netcode in UC3 so I understand how it works. You obviously don't...

Oh I'm sorry I should believe you over the internet. My bad what was I thinking.

I guess IGN and Eurogamer of full of *** and should have you writing netcode.

I guess EA is full of it and no idea what they are talking about when they say it is in violation of your TOS  for you to use world geography against other players by choosing servers in regions not of you own.

Life is too short to remove usb safely.
(un)moderated
I bought hardline, forgive me.
Message 52 of 336 (460 Views)
Fender Bender
2836 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Here read. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-lag-effect-psn-xbox-live-analysis

(un)moderated
Message 53 of 336 (449 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Tap, add to the OP ping matchmaking. Leveling matchmaking wold be good in theory, but the loopholes of not legacying and the small pool cause lag to spike and cheating the system. Ping spiking so high defeats the propose of level matchmaking; putting people on a level field. They should keep legacy team balance though.

Message 54 of 336 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Nothing I've written contradicts reality. Are you talking abou this Eurogamer article?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-lag-effect-psn-xbox-live-analysis

How about you state what's wrong with what I've posted instead of coming up with unimaginative insults...
Message 55 of 336 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2836 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

tln_SWE wrote:
Nothing I've written contradicts reality. Are you talking abou this Eurogamer article?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-lag-effect-psn-xbox-live-analysis

How about you state what's wrong with what I've posted instead of coming up with unimaginative insults...

I'm done with you.

I'm not going to argue with some one who claims via the internet to he knows U3s net code and is a programmer.

I also shot Kennedy trust me I got proof. I just cant show you.

(un)moderated
Message 56 of 336 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Region Lock will not solve LAG. There will still be over 50% games which will be laggy and not to forget the time that it will take to find these games.

One has to understand that LAG is dependant mostly on 2 things. Firstly games NETCODE and Secondly the ISP quality of people playing the game, One has to understand that these two things are not seperate but rather go Hand in Hand.

NETCODE for a game is an integral part of game development process and hence it cannot be changed at a later stage, it is designed by taking into account various factors and in case of ND, they designed it talking into account UC3 communtiy as a Golbal village, where people from any place on this earth can play with each other and went the route of p2p MM.

The only way to make the most impact in reducing LAG, is for the Devs to provide option to setup own dedicated servers, so that people of the same region/ country can get together and create servers and enjoy lag free games, along with this is the need to create a few global dedicated servers by ND, for those who donot know many people of their own regions and can acces a far less laggy games.

Now this cannot be done by ND in UC3 and hence the only option left to marginally improve is a region lock, which has it's own very serious cons, for people who have been able to comprehend what I have tried to explain above can easily infer that there isn't any hope for reducing LAG in UC3.

But things can be changed for UC4, for this, LAG as a MOJOR PROBLEM has to be accepted by ND and only then can steps be undertaken to eliminate this problem from the first step of deveopment only then can they design a NETCODE to match this setup which will have far less factors to consider than the present NETCODE, and hence offer a better MP experience.

Region toggle is going to cause only a marginal improvement, But if you guys really want to do something about this LAG, the only way is for everyone should to together and put pressure on ND to engage into elimnating LAG from the start of Development process.

Stop bickering over Dedicated and P2P, anyone with even a little bit of common sense can see why option of Private dedicated servers will reduce LAG, these companies try to create a divide within the communtiy over these things, so that they can take the easy route out, as keeping dedicated servers means Investment and maintenance, which means more $ coming out of their pockets.

My 2 cents !!!

Message 57 of 336 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2836 posts

Oct 25, 2012

At saint.

I hear ya.

I know all to well about dedicated servers ( regional). I have a lot of money in one. If they didn't work I wouldn't spend money on it.

It's the main reason I have pushed it so much for this game.

(un)moderated
Message 58 of 336 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Ded servers=players can play on their own country servers, and good connections players won't have such a hampered experience like now. I wish ND would allow server hosting. If you're going to be P2P, please steal the netcode of Call of Duty 4. Plays so smoothly and 5 years old. Black ops and Modern Warfare 3 netcode is tainted like Uncharted (poor connections have the advantage.)

Message 59 of 336 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Oct 25, 2012

tln_SWE wrote:
I've read technical papers on the netcode in UC3

Can I have a look at those papers, please?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 60 of 336 (418 Views)