Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag!

Oct 26, 2012

I am totally against it. I have many friends in other continents and it would be terrible if I cant play with them anymore. So for me it's a big NO.

I also dont get it, any other game can have good connection etc with worldwide gamers so why cant uncharted have it?

Message 71 of 291 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7435 posts

Oct 26, 2012

jessinha wrote:

I am totally against it. I have many friends in other continents and it would be terrible if I cant play with them anymore. So for me it's a big NO.

I also dont get it, any other game can have good connection etc with worldwide gamers so why cant uncharted have it?

jessinha wrote:

HELLO???? that's why it's called TOGGLE because you can TOGGLE it on or off

Sleep Matt signature
Message 72 of 291 (389 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Oct 26, 2012

jessinha wrote:

1) I am totally against it. I have many friends in other continents and it would be terrible if I cant play with them anymore. So for me it's a big NO.

2) I also dont get it, any other game can have good connection etc with worldwide gamers so why cant uncharted have it?

1) Please read the entire thread. You would still be able to party up with friends from other continents.

2) Fast-paced online shooters don't work optimally when there is more than 100ms of latency between players.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 73 of 291 (519 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3540 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

jessinha wrote:

How you can tell some one didn't read the post.

How it went down......saw post title..........didn't read...........comment...........feel like they did some thing.

Post skimmers the worst kind.

Girl you read posts like a ND employee.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 74 of 291 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3956 posts

Oct 26, 2012
@tin the point is we don't want to see them. No matter who is technically lagging, the result is an advantage given to someone. I just want an attempt at fair gameplay. The current legacy matchmaking is worse than what we had (which was pretty bad). I'm only posting this now because I had to stop playing the game early due to pure frustration. I only get a couple of hours of playtime a night (work, kids) and I'm quitting early because of LAG.

This "you are the one lagging" bs is besides the point. I have good internet. I live in Va. I shouldn't have to play people that live 1000s of miles away. They eat up my bullets and survive grenades. They kill me in 2-4 less bullets than it should take. The matchmaking is the issue. I don't care who is technically lagging tin.
Message 75 of 291 (565 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Oct 26, 2012

The fact that lag was a bit of an issue before the patch, it really was a silly idea to change the matchmaking that would ultimately make it worse. The legacy level doesn't give a fair judgement on matchmaking anyway, in fact, its ridiculous. If you truly wanted to match it up with skill level, shouldn't it have been by KDR? Searching for players by KDR would ultimately:

1. Match players of the same skill level.

2. Match KDR boosters all together, overly stupid KDR levelled players would be put up against each other. Chances are they would all rage quit the match anyway, it also keeps them out of everybody elses games.

But in all honesty, it should just go back to the 'highest connection', it was just a bad idea in the first place.

Message 76 of 291 (469 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Don't let this thread drop from the first page!
Message 77 of 291 (492 Views)
Last Guardian
10255 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Bump badump.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 78 of 291 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I cannot express how much I support this.

Message 79 of 291 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3956 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I can't play until later tonight. Have they reverted to old matchmaking yet? Last night was horrible.

I might have to play a game with a toggle in the mean time. Camp of Duty anyone?

TOGGLE TOGGLE TOGGLE
Message 80 of 291 (466 Views)
0 Likes