Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Naughty Dog Developer
588 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag!

Oct 25, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Since ND added the stat hat toggle, how about a region lock toggle as well?

How would it work:
On = find players with 5 connection bars (100ms maximum latency)
Off = find players ASAP regardless of latency

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Who else wants this feature?

We are well aware of this and we have discussed adding as well. It's something that might not be possible given how our matchmaking system works. Our time and resources for this might be too tight to make it happen. This feature is something we are definitely going to try to make work in future Naughty Dog projects. 

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 336 (1,315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Oct 25, 2012
^ Well do you have enough resources to at least consider optimising the matchmaking further?
Now it's just becoming unbearable to play games due to the increased lag in matches.
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 336 (1,304 Views)
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Oct 25, 2012

@eric

Dedicated servers would be way better, SONY Top franchsie would deserve this...make it clear!!!

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 336 (1,303 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

We are well aware of this and we have discussed adding as well. It's something that might not be possible given how our matchmaking system works. Our time and resources for this might be too tight to make it happen. This feature is something we are definitely going to try to make work in future Naughty Dog projects. 

That's a shame to hear, changing the matchmaking to search based upon Legacy has increased lag significantly. Is there any solution that you can provide? Is it possible to give us a toggle for using the old matchmaking search system? Anything!

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 336 (1,292 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

How would it work:

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Eric not to sound condescending here but can you explain why you cant do this?

Your giving a very vivid explanation of why not.

Many have asked for this for a long time and it just makes sense.

You may not have enough players that stick around with you guys long enough to see your future projects.

Not doing this is crushing you fan base.

No one asked for "stat hats" man.

Couldn't this time and resources been more utilized by giving your fan base what they have asked for - for a very long time.

Players wanted a bit more customization not more gimmicks.

I whole heartedly believe many would have took a region option in place of the tournament system to no avail.

Players just want game play fixes. The only players that really want flash are new players whom will dump this title for the next '"flashy" game that hits the markets.

You have the ability to check the stats of the players on your game. Listen to the players that have stuck with you. Dont listen to the players that just bought the game have 10 hrs into it and think you should bend the game to them.

There are many players that live eat and breath this game- listen to them.
 They are easy to find.

Your long time fans just want a balanced game, less lag, gun fights based on skill not who have the best mods, not being split from their parties, and most of all MUCH LESS LAG.

Your team could have OWNED all other competition in the industry, I believe this firmly.

You still have the capabilities to fix this you just need to do some employee clean up.

The people making the wrong decisions need to go.

If anything ask your community, put up a poll, vote, let us help to make this game the way it should have been.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 336 (1,266 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

How would it work:

I sit here at my computer desk to finally see that you guys have actually discussed this! I'm so glad to hear that, it... brings tears to my eyes.

Now... those tears have changed from happiness to profound sadness within the exact same post. Please tell me you are looking at other solutions, then? It seems so crazy... to have overlooked this in your netcode to be unable to implement it as a toggle as a result. :smileysad:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 336 (1,258 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

@tln_SWE

I'm still waiting for those papers...

Now that this post has gained Eric's attention, tln maybe you should post your net code here for him to see.

Heck even just edit those papers you claim to have and upload it here for the developers to see.

You seem to have some inner knowledge to this so you claim. Here's your chance. No?

MOH quote " let me see your papers"

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 336 (1,229 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Eric, we are lagging too much! Please consider this!

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 336 (1,219 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Before the Patch i would get around 3 real laggy players that require at least 8-9 fal shots before they died around every 5 matches. Now i see this everywhere, i quit counting my shots since its pointless to do so now. I don't get kills i know i landed shots on! At times i could give a player 2 body shots followed by 4 headshots with the fal b4 they go down! This is insane! Do the developers ever play this game? I would rather have the old matchmaking since most if these "pros" are extremely laggy.
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 336 (1,202 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
Before the Patch i would get around 3 real laggy players that require at least 8-9 fal shots before they died around every 5 matches. Now i see this everywhere, i quit counting my shots since its pointless to do so now. I don't get kills i know i landed shots on! At times i could give a player 2 body shots followed by 4 headshots with the fal b4 they go down! This is insane! Do the developers ever play this game? I would rather have the old matchmaking since most if these "pros" are extremely laggy.

The problem is when some one is very laggy and is terrible at the game no one cares.

Now playing players that lag like *** that have 50k + kills, yeah sucks, sucks bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 336 (1,189 Views)