Wastelander
698 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag!

Oct 26, 2012

Well I know right now. Lag is just retarded. People punching me while their in mid roll. Me getting punched in mid roll. A guy had enough time to spin his camera around and fire enough pistol bullets off at me and melee before I could shot the sawed off twice. What kind of **bleep** is that?

But it seems like it's getting worse day by day. 

ND you need to fix this issue. You cater to everything else most people have wanted (with the exeption of different dmg for the hitbox's) so address this. Or give us different dmg for hitbox's Smiley Very Happy.

But both are just fairy tales that will never happen.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 81 of 291 (484 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Since ND added the stat hat toggle, how about a region lock toggle as well?

How would it work:
On = find players with 5 connection bars (100ms maximum latency)
Off = find players ASAP regardless of latency

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Who else wants this feature?

We are well aware of this and we have discussed adding as well. It's something that might not be possible given how our matchmaking system works. Our time and resources for this might be too tight to make it happen. This feature is something we are definitely going to try to make work in future Naughty Dog projects. 

I'm sure this has been answered. But why didn't you do alittle more work on your matchmaking system when you was making UC3 to have a region toggle? Alot of people (including myself) has been saying it needs it since UC2 post 1.05.

It might not "fix" the lag. But at lest it would make the game ALOT more enjoyable. 

My youtube channel ->

Message 82 of 291 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 26, 2012
They're working on it. Complaining that it didn't start with it won't do anything.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 83 of 291 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Oct 26, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
They're working on it. Complaining that it didn't start with it won't do anything.

I wasn't complaining. I was simple asking a question.

But I guess ND has a bad habbit of going back and fixing their mess ups. When they could have just done it right the first time and not have to spend their "time and resources" fixing it.

You know what I mean?

My youtube channel ->

Message 84 of 291 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Back to the top.
Bump bump

Hey Eric-ND, can you at least revert to the previous matchmaking system? Playing KSA and Chilean guys with the same legacy as me isn't fun. Toooooooooo laggy.
Message 85 of 291 (444 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

Okay here we go, great wall of txt from DEATH__MACHINiST.

In the euro gamer article it is showing latency with time and shows how the time delay is lower when players are together geographically.

U3 is NOT putting players together geographically.

This is time only.

This article does not show how much data is lost in the process.

Being behind (lagging) is an advantage when gaming.

People don't make lag switches so they will get owned. They do it to gain an advantage.

Player A is behind (lagging) and also has poor quality jitter and speeds.

Player B has solid connection.

Player B sees player A and shoots thinking he shot first.

Player A has not uploaded his correct position or the fact that he has fired 1 burst of the gmal (roughly .5 of a second).

Player B's reaction is based on what he is visually seeing. We all do, this is how its played.

He is reacting to some thing that happened in the past.

Being that this game plays client side, it is saying player A shot first so gets the kill.

Player B doesn't know what happened, and falls dead and since player A shot first time is rewind-ed cancelling player B's actions. That's why you could swear you put 2 full bursts in, or even saw the hit marker from the T-bolt but the player did not die.

The packet loss that occurs is really noticeable at times, shot gun ak's, lag and tag (whack and roll), bullets through walls, etc etc.

Not only is it a time delay but also missing data or pieces of data getting to you.

Lagging, out side of the region players even on dedicated servers causes this very same issue.

I own a server on Battle field and our only rule is no one outside the region.

Dedicated servers help a metric *** load but they are designed to be regional and your suppose to play in your region.

EA even stats that this is technically cheating the system and there are many posts asking for ea to region block players out side of them.

On my server we kick them, unless I have friends from U2 and U3 over with me from outside the region.

Then we are unblocking outside region players on our own.

Frankly your a moron if in that video you could not pick out the data loss that was coming from that player.

Any one with a moderate amount of time into this game can pick out the things going wrong.

I was raging about this player along with others on my team. I counted the shots (bursts) I put in him and had my team mate send that cinema to me to view it from his perspective.

We both were seeing five round bursts from the gmal to take this Goliath player down.

Players walk away from the match with a smile thinking they are JUST THAT GOOD.

Never realizing how much their connection is helping them.

A+ Line quality and distance is also effected.

Do you think the guy with 100 mb down and 100mb up has a direct Ethernet cable from his console to your living room living on the opposite side of the world?

No, that's his connection to his ISP.

Then it goes some where else, then some where else again, then across the ocean and over again.

Did any one actually see where in that article it says with latencies so horrid it is scarcely believable that online play is possible.

Also did you see where that these players were tested MORE geographically then U3 puts players together?

I live in the U.S, I play players from China, Dubi, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Spain, Japan,  hell even Nepal.

That is nowhere remotely close to the distances that the article tested. And look at the **** results. 300, 400,500ms of latency.

Wt f do you think is happening transcontinental!!!!!

U3 is making it worse by not letting you choose the conditions you want to play.

Do you want to play with friends from around the world?

Yes, most of my FL is from way far away.

I just want to be able to choose when I'm not playing with them to have matches of better quality.

Lag will always be here, what I want, and many others is the ability to limit as much of it as we can.

This sole aspect would have kept many players still playing this game.

I know about 80 of them. Maybe 5 of my friends list still play uncharted. The other ones will not touch it any more.

Most of them with over 1000 hours of game play.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 86 of 291 (434 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Oct 26, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

This would be a great change to make Uncharted 3 MP a lot more enjoyable...the only question is why hasn't it been done already?

No, not necessarily tap's relgion/ping toggle. I mean why is it so uncommon to find players from the same country, and next to impossible to find some in the same state? I can understand that matchmaking shouldn't always be like that, as playing with the same few people over and over again stales the experience, but I seriously doubt that having to adjust to a player's input/output lag is a fair way to keep the game "fresh".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 87 of 291 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Oct 26, 2012

So eric can you give a bit more input here?

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 88 of 291 (497 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [59 kudos]

Oct 27, 2012
Yeah I stopped giving the swede credibility when he started mentioning co-op a few pages back. Playing AI is not relevant to this thread. I understand that lag affects their gameplay too, but it's nothing like how it affects competitive gamemodes. And quite frankly, I JUST DON'T GIVE A $#!T

I'm in Virginia. I used to play with 4 other guys on the regular. They lived in Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, and Ohio. We typically found good matches and won almost everytime with very little lag. But every 5th or 6th match we'd get a (MEX) or (BRA) player in the lobby. They would typically have double health and double damage. If they were a good player they would DOMINATE us and if they were a poor player (0.5ish KDR) they would be a very annoying opponent who suddenly can exceed what their stats would lead you to believe they are capable of (11-6ish score). This was a nightly experience.

Playing a 4-5 player party of foreigners vs my regional team would have split results. Sometimes they are GOD. Sometimes we own them. Leading me to believe, whoever has host has the advantage in this scenario.

I think everyone here has experienced similar situations. We all have felt that someone is getting over without a real skill advantage.

I think it's time ND does something... ANYTHING about it. Don't wait until future titles to do it ND. For me there are NO future titles I will buy from you without a REAL attempt to fix this being done in U3. Maybe dedicated servers is too costly (LMAO $$DLCs) but the toggle or something like has to happen. I paid my $85+. So did most of us on the forums. Look out for you're real fabs eho love your game and spent (at least in my case) most of my gaming budget for the year on your game.
Message 89 of 291 (443 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Re: Region lock toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [59 kudos]

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

Extreme lag is easily seen it's the slightly less noticeable lag that presents the biggest problem.

Rewatching cinemas and catching the little hey thats odd wait huh things that pisses me off the most.

That match I posted earlier, 7 other people were seeing what I was seeing two of which were on the other team.

Your right we were all lagging and he was running normal. smh

Message 90 of 291 (427 Views)