Aug 30 2012
By: xSKIN_N_BONESx Treasure Hunter 6261 posts

Platinum Boosters: Gold Boosters and Hats

[ Edited ]
30 replies 579 views Edited Aug 30, 2012

This thread is all about understanding the effects of Platinum Boosters or rather which ones actually work. I'm doubt I'll go through all of them and if anyone else wants to do their own testing to contribute to this thread or make their own thread that I'll just link then that's fine by me. This is all for the community anyways (plus I'm curious myself).

First I'll list off all the boosters that can't have a Platinum level because either they max out whatever they do on mere principle or there is no stat hat that relates to them.j

Boosters That Can't Have Platinum Levels:

• Scoped In
  • Cloaked
  • Fleet Foot
  • Explosive Shell Expert
  • Explosive Expert (although with the Paid Explosive Expert that could be considered Platinum)
  • Weapon Expert
  • Monkey Man
  • Treasure Hunter (unfortunately)
  • Deposit
  • Back in the Saddle
  • Ammo Award
  • Revenge
  • Bargain
  • Team Safe
  • Sugar Buddy
  • Booty Buddy
  • Thanks Buddy
  • Stealth Buddy
  • Explosive Buddy

Now for those boosters that may have a Platinum level and as I said, if anyone wants to do their own testing all help is appreciated. Also if anyone wants to test if Negative Boosters become even more negative with negative stats from hats, I'd love to include that information as well.

• Endurance
  • Beast Mode
  • Let Me See
  • Regeneration
  • Power Hunter
  • Kickback Endurance
  • For My Buddy

Boosters Confirmed to Have a Platinum Level:

• Daredevil - I have tested this and with a stat hat that gives +1 Taunt Ammo Clips and Daredevil Gold you get a grenade and three clips of ammo. Essentially with this and a single taunt you can instantly fill up on plenty of ammo and a also get a grenade. It's almost a respawn.
  • Come Here - Gold and +8 X Ray meters do stack, although I have to say that the extended range is minimal as you would expect. The boosters Gold range is already pretty far that it doesn't really need extra distance.

Soooo anyone have any questions or want to help out? :smileywink: 

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 1 of 31 (579 Views)
Survivor
2195 posts

Re: Platinum Boosters: Gold Boosters and Hats

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

Does the +5 accuracy affect bullet spread or what does it actually do? (As in it makes it harder to hit opponents.)

Raptr Gamercard
Message 2 of 31 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Asraik wrote:

Does the +5 accuracy affect bullet spread or what does it actually do? (As in it makes it harder to hit opponents.)

At this point I'm gonna hold back on saying exactly what it does until further testing, but it definitely doesn't increase accuracy as some had thought.

Message 3 of 31 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Aug 30, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Asraik wrote:

At this point I'm gonna hold back on saying exactly what it does until further testing, but it definitely doesn't increase accuracy as some had thought.

Yeah, that would be wise. i am curious how exactly is decreases the accuracy, if it just makes the bullet spread wider or if it makes it so you can't get targets at such a range as you normally could (so less shots hit at farther ranges.)

Raptr Gamercard
Message 4 of 31 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

Aug 30, 2012

I'd like to try some of these, to bad I just legacied.:smileysad:

Are the effects very noticeable from gold to platinum?

Message 5 of 31 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Ooh, also that reminds me let's say you have Regeneration Platinum (which is essentially Regenration Gold correct? I mean how big of a difference is it from Gold to Plat?) Would something that have Regeneration Delay make it become silver? Basically how much would a percentage of a negative would cause it from go to 'platinum' to silver? (So like would -16% Regeneration Delay have a big enough affect to make it become Regeneration Silver?)

Raptr Gamercard
Message 6 of 31 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Aug 30, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Depends on the booster and the hats stat increase. I haven't tested them all yet though, in fact I've only tested a few.

Message 7 of 31 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Great post !
The stats on hats are so tiny, so I think if you want to buy an item you shouldn't care about the stats, as you probably won't notice any difference
Message 8 of 31 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Asraik wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Ooh, also that reminds me let's say you have Regeneration Platinum (which is essentially Regenration Gold correct? I mean how big of a difference is it from Gold to Plat?) Would something that have Regeneration Delay make it become silver? Basically how much would a percentage of a negative would cause it from go to 'platinum' to silver? (So like would -16% Regeneration Delay have a big enough affect to make it become Regeneration Silver?)

That would require a lot more work, but to determine because I'm cheating and using LAN which has all gold boosters, so for that I'd have to get someone with Regen silver and someone else with the Regen gold and regen reducing items. Also their are two stats that effect regeneration: regen delay and regen speed so that further complicates things. Endurance has the same issue.

Message 9 of 31 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

Aug 30, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Depends on the booster and the hats stat increase. I haven't tested them all yet though, in fact I've only tested a few.

"facepalm" I'll try a few in lan mode and report back tomorrow.

Message 10 of 31 (510 Views)
0 Likes