Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Platinum Boosters

Nov 15, 2012

We already have Cloaked Level 4.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 11 of 21 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1241 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Come Here - If standing still for 2 seconds, the player-who-killed-your-buddy's name will show

Endurance - Slightly faster sprint

Beast Mode - Speed of aiming with heavy objects increases (mini fleet foot for heavy)

Let Me See - ???

Scoped In - All weapons gain 25% scope zoom (including pistols!)

Cloaked - You are FULLY silent, no grenade yells! (:smileymad:)

Regeneration - Being in cover increases regen speed (Making cover useful!)

Fleet Foot - You can roll without leaving aim mode (Can't fire, and shows normal animation of roll)

Explosive Shell Expert - Take half damage from one's own Hammer shells and RPGs [Not mine]

Explosive Expert - Spawn with 2 grenades (FINALLY! Makes this booster so much better)

Weapon Expert - Can add Call Out for free [Not mine]

Power Hunter - ???

Daredevil - In Your Face medals gives a second grenade

Kickback Endurance - More time? Could help. :smileytongue:

Monkey Man - Adds 20% jump distance

Treasure Hunter - Raises the odds of finding Tournament tickets [Not mine]

Deposit - 35% additional medal cash and Thanks Buddy! Medals award $100 each [Not mine]

Back in the Saddle - Gives your Buddy a 1 second spawn decrease

Ammo Award - Earn a grenade for Frag Em's

Revenge - Death will not drop a grenade. I hope you enjoyed your time with revenge. :smileywink:

Bargain - Kickback activation "shine" is half as long

Team Safe - 3 High-Fives give you and the other player a medal!

I believe this are not only reasonable, but balanced. I would love a Platinum booster, to show a true "user" of each booster. The upgrade requirements should not be something someone would be bothered to farm. You will eventually earn it with time and it's a nice bonus to using the booster! Of course, some of them will vary, such as Scoped-In.

Message 12 of 21 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Nov 15, 2012

cloaked already makes you fully silent. It is one of my most used boosters and literally the only noise I make is shooting my gun. My melee, voice, yells and grunts are all silenced.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 13 of 21 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Nov 15, 2012

on another note, another great idea for cloaked 4 is to make you immune to all SA things. As I'm aware it only makes you invisible to exposed and I think gotcha?

Cloaked 4 should make you invisible to exposed, gotcha, callout, stat hats, come here, let me see, and for my buddy. If I missed any, then those too.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 14 of 21 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 15, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

on another note, another great idea for cloaked 4 is to make you immune to all SA things. As I'm aware it only makes you invisible to exposed and I think gotcha?

Cloaked 4 should make you invisible to exposed, gotcha, callout, stat hats, come here, let me see, and for my buddy. If I missed any, then those too.

Cloaked Level 1 already makes you immune to every single SA variant, except Sudden Death.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 15 of 21 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Nov 15, 2012

call out still works on cloaked, i'm pretty sure some of the things I mentioned still work as well, not all of them though. Either way, cloaked doesn't block every single thing that people use to see you.

True Balance:
Message 16 of 21 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 15, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

call out still works on cloaked, i'm pretty sure some of the things I mentioned still work as well, not all of them though. Either way, cloaked doesn't block every single thing that people use to see you.

Nope, Cloaked Level 1 is immune to Call Out.

Message 17 of 21 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Nov 15, 2012

lol no it isn't you can tell right off the bat that even if everything else is blocked from cloaked that callout is most defintely the one thing that still works.

True Balance:
Message 18 of 21 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 15, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

lol no it isn't you can tell right off the bat that even if everything else is blocked from cloaked that callout is most defintely the one thing that still works.

Try it in a Custom Game if you don't believe me...

Message 19 of 21 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Nov 15, 2012

i dont have 3 people

True Balance:
Message 20 of 21 (47 Views)
0 Likes