cuz people

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 11 of 73 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Re: Players without mics.

Mar 19, 2014

I use a mic all the time, but I mute everyone, most people are just trashtalking, so why bother, I just want to talk with my friends Smiley Happy

anyway, isn't a little earpiece inlcuded with the PS4? because I would be interested in how many people put it on and use it properly on a PS4 game, I expect most people just don't care enough about talking to random people on the internet to even bother switching it on, but I don't know, I have no PS4 yet (and sadly not being able to buy it, I want to play inFamous Second Son so much Smiley Sad )

Message 12 of 73 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Mar 19, 2014

my point was fellows that these aren't "random people on the internet".  these are people you've added to your PSN FRIENDS list and are in a party with.   If you don't want to talk to these people, why are you playing with them?  why did you send them a FRIEND request? 

If you want to play with somebody but do not want to talk to them, get to know them, be friends with them then you don't really want to play with them.  You want  to play with their stats so they can win games for you, not with the actual person. 

Message 13 of 73 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Mar 19, 2014
I really tend to agree with this post. Unless the person is trying somewhat to communicate why they don't prefer to talk over mic or whatnot, it's weird someone would want to party up then. Nonetheless the people who I've got on my friends list who don't even want to party up at all... **bleep**? I have some friends who don;t talk and it's all good, they know who they are. I would say those people are willing to text talk almost anytime, and are friendly and willing otherwise to communicate so that's what matters, but i still prefer talking over mic, that's why I spent $100 on a mic anyways, live chat.
Message 14 of 73 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Mar 19, 2014

lEvilDeadl wrote:

I most definitely did not delete you Hihi.  I haven't deleted anybody in like 2 years.   I'll look for you real quick on my list.

there is a PSN glitch where friends don't show up on your PSN....even if you're in a party with them.  anyway, yeah....I haven't deleted anybody since I had to make room on my friends list for my Madden 13  online league in September 2012. 

Lol yeah, I know quite a bit about that glitch since I nearly have 500 friends.

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 15 of 73 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

@EvilDead...

I think it's a bit harsh and while I get where you're coming from, for me, it's principally about gameplay not stats or winning. I generally exchange friend requests (either sent or received) with people whose gaming style is similar or at least compatible with mine...whether or not they use a mic.  I've developped some great friendships from this.

I can communicate just as well as in a text chat for getting to know someone. A case in point is arguably my best online friend....from Finland, she didn't use a mic because she was worried about her accent (as well as being a bit shy).  I knew her for well over a year before she tried a mic (and she'd been on PSN for years before I met her). We text chatted all the time and I'd gotten to know her quite well before she finally decided to try a mic (in part, through the trust I had built in text chat), I told her in all honesty that I really couldn't detect an accent with her.

It cuts both ways. If I'd "abandoned" her because she didn't use a mic, I wouldn't have gotten to know her as well as I do; she might never have tried a mic...getting the truth about her perceived "accent" from someone she trusted AND I would have missed out on getting to know an interesting, intelligent person with a great sense of humour as well as learning a great deal about Finland.

Message 16 of 73 (440 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2812 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

@OP

I can think of many reasons:

1. 90% of the UC3's pool speaks Romance languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French). You rarely find English-speaking players these days.

2. Perhaps their accent is weird. They could either be non-native speakers or from Scotland (lol, heavy English accent!).

3. Perhaps they're shy.

4. Perhaps they're playing late at night and they can't use their mics for obvious reasons.

5. They could be squeakers (voice changer could help though, haha!)

6. Maybe they don't feel like talking to anyone, because of real life pressure (job etc.)

7. Multitasking (playing & chatting) can be hard for some people.

@Venom
CoD is not a good example, because it has a huge and US-centric pool.

Message 17 of 73 (433 Views)
Fender Bender
3255 posts

Mar 19, 2014

I agree with @CaptainProduce67, this emphasis being placed on a mic being the sole option of communication is a bit irrational. I have met some really great people through UC3 & we use text chat & it really works when ur in game & just idling online.

Me & my buddies have a chat we all join daily or whenever we're on & we all chat there, sometimes we have up to 15 people chatting, while we are all playing different games. I've added people through text chat & vice versa without ever playing with them because we both hitt it off in chat.

Message 18 of 73 (416 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3993 posts

Mar 19, 2014
@OP You probably don't want to hear most of them anyway. I've met some cool long term friends on U2 and U3 because of both of us had a mic, but that's few and far between.
Message 19 of 73 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Mar 20, 2014

Have you ever heard Barryhains during a match? Now imagine a team of them. It scars you....

You'll mute people for the rest of your life. Become a recluse and have a house in the mountains...probably end up on the news....in a bad way...

But seriously I mute everyone. Never know when Billy "I live next to a jet engine" Bah-dass will show up. 

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 20 of 73 (383 Views)