Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2011 posts

Re: Players without mics.

Mar 21, 2014
I lit a matchstick, it was a cheap brand and part of the end broke off, but I wasn't aware.

I should probably stop saying my shirt was on fire, however it was smoldering and it burnt right through, I also had a small burn mark for quite some time but it seems to have gone now, haha. 
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 73 (270 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Mar 21, 2014

I see. You could always use a mic with a mute button, though.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 73 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2011 posts

Mar 21, 2014
It's the official Sony headset, so it has the mute button, I just didn't think to use it at the time lol.

As for the argument, that was just complete stupidity on my behalf, walked out for a couple of seconds planning to play again shortly, then came back into the room (with the TV off) to exchange in a three hour long "talk".

But yeah, if PS4 doesn't bring back the chat feature (Probably better if they didn't), I'll start using a mic again. Worth the risk of embarrassment so I can continuing complaining about whatever game I'm playing.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 73 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Mar 21, 2014

renatabls wrote:

I don't really mind when people don't have their mics on because i barely use mine. :smileylol:

I guess i don't talk much because of my accent... i do know english but talking to a person is so much different than just typing words. If english was my 1st language i'd talk way more often, but right now it's like... eh they won't like my accent or won't understand me.

But it's nice when my friends tell me "behind you!" or "the Flynn has an RPG". Feels like they're really into the game and want to win, like a team. :smileyvery-happy:

@renatabls 

Have you heard me talk?? I think you're safe!! LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com/user/Artennos
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 73 (225 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Mar 21, 2014
We all know messaging someone is far easier than directly talking to them generally. I have made some great friends on psn without actually talking to them. I don't know much about their personal life minus basic details, but that's ok though. I don't expect to meet them in person or have a relationship beyond what we do now: play games.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 73 (221 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Mar 21, 2014

I would just like to help reinforce the true* idea that no one should feel ashamed or embarrassed about having an imperfect english dialect (or "accent") if english isn't their first language. Firstly, it is absolutely nobody's place to judge you on how well you speak other than you and a person teaching you, or a helper of some sort. Second, It's not your first language, so yeah, it's not gonna be exactly like someone who has spoken a certain language all their life, and that's totally ok, don't feel timid about it if you can help it :smileyhappy: feel empowered to have confidence and speak more often, so that you can work on improving - for your own reasons and motivations, your hopes of speaking any language more accurately. I can understand someone's motivation in feeling awkward about not having a certain dialect down, but don't feel actually timid about it, let that run off your back like water off a birds feathers, because life is too short to worry about some people's judgement of you. I would love speaking to anyone - and be grateful that they are speaking to me in my native language no matter how thick their "accent" is or how broken their english is or whatever, because I'm not capable of speaking to them in their native language. I appreciate anyone who's trying to learn another language, and doing any decent job of it. You rock for that. /Rant 

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 73 (215 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6991 posts

Mar 21, 2014

I own a mic but do no use.

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 73 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 22, 2014
Only time i use my mic is in co-op with friends when they have their mics on, very rarely use it in competetive modes. But i agree & disagree with the thread at the same time as everyone who has commented hhas made valid points. Personally i wouldnt want to force mic usage on anyone. Its a added option for a reaso.
Because its a choice :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 73 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 22, 2014
* just noticed i missed the *N* in *reason* pardon that :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 73 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 22, 2014
Somebody once gave me their phone number once lol cos they didn't have a mic. I generally do like to get to know people but I'm not that talkative so I don't really know what to say after asking their name and where they're from, I think it's really interesting to know people from different country's.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 73 (154 Views)
0 Likes