Sackboy
315 posts

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

Nov 23, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

I think Drake will be back the Uncharted Brand is too big fior them to replace Drake, that's like a Tomb Raider without Lara.

Exactly. Sony would not launch their flagship franchise on their brand new console without their single most recognizable character.

U4 will be a really important title on the PS4. Sony will want it to sell well to a broad audience. U4 with an established brand like Nathan Drake will sell better to a broad audience than U4 with a new protagonist.

I could see a game that alternates between playing as Drake in the modern day and playing as someone else hundreds of years ago. But I have to believe Drake and the gang will be back in U4.  

Message 51 of 55 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3470 posts

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

Nov 23, 2013

Imagine if we got a gameplay demo. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 52 of 55 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2883 posts

Nov 23, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

As much as I want to see Drake and the gang back, it is not that absurd to think they might not be. Let's look at two other PlayStation exclusive franchises:

Infamous

Infamous, PS3, Cole McGrath 

Infamous 2, PS3, Cole McGrath

Infamous: Second Son, PS4, Delsin Rowe

Killzone 

Killzone, PS2/PS3, Jan Templar

Killzone 2, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone 3, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone: Shadow Fall, PS4, Lucas Kellan

Notice how both change their protagonist and drop the numbers in their titles upon PS4. Of course, the new Uncharted may still be called Uncharted 4 and it is not definite on whether it will follow this trend or not. Just don't rule it out completely. 

Spoiler
 The difference is Nathan is the biggest Sony 'Mascot' if you can call him that. Infamous lead character was never memorable they even change how he looked in the second game. Cole Died anyways & It was smart of them to drop the numbers from the title because it's like a fresh start for both Franchise as neither were huge sellers so instead of adding a Number to the game they went the reboot route which was a smart way to reintroduce the game to people who didn't play previous games.

I think Drake will be back the Uncharted Brand is too big fior them to replace Drake, that's like a Tomb Raider without Lara.

they didn't change Cole in the second game, it was their intention to change him, but fans weren't pleased with that change in the first trailer, so Sucker Punch went with the original design, and they changed the voice because the original voice actor was not going to do motion capture, so they had to change the voice actor Smiley Happy

also, I doubt Nathan Drake is sony's biggest mascot, I think Kratos (although I am not a fan...) and Sackboy (I am a fan!) are bigger mascots, but whatever Smiley Wink

Message 53 of 55 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
9798 posts

Nov 24, 2013

instagram.com/p/hEz4teEEL7/

Embedded image permalink

https://twitter.com/ToddStashwick/status/404391277237522432

GUNS AND APPLES CONFIRMED!!!!

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 54 of 55 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2833 posts

Nov 24, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

As much as I want to see Drake and the gang back, it is not that absurd to think they might not be. Let's look at two other PlayStation exclusive franchises:

Infamous

Infamous, PS3, Cole McGrath 

Infamous 2, PS3, Cole McGrath

Infamous: Second Son, PS4, Delsin Rowe

Killzone 

Killzone, PS2/PS3, Jan Templar

Killzone 2, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone 3, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone: Shadow Fall, PS4, Lucas Kellan

Notice how both change their protagonist and drop the numbers in their titles upon PS4. Of course, the new Uncharted may still be called Uncharted 4 and it is not definite on whether it will follow this trend or not. Just don't rule it out completely. 

Spoiler
 The difference is Nathan is the biggest Sony 'Mascot' if you can call him that. Infamous lead character was never memorable they even change how he looked in the second game. Cole Died anyways & It was smart of them to drop the numbers from the title because it's like a fresh start for both Franchise as neither were huge sellers so instead of adding a Number to the game they went the reboot route which was a smart way to reintroduce the game to people who didn't play previous games.

they didn't change Cole in the second game, it was their intention to change him, but fans weren't pleased with that change in the first trailer, so Sucker Punch went with the original design, and they changed the voice because the original voice actor was not going to do motion capture, so they had to change the voice actor Smiley Happy

also, I doubt Nathan Drake is sony's biggest mascot, I think Kratos (although I am not a fan...) and Sackboy (I am a fan!) are bigger mascots, but whatever Smiley Wink

Ahh I only played the second Infamous I remember reading about the character change.

And Nathan Drake has eclipsed Kratos in popularity IMO both UC2 & 3 sold more than any GOW Game. And Sackboy peaked with his first game since then sales for every LBP games has sold less than the previous.

IDrake certainly became the biggest Sony mascot last gen.

Message 55 of 55 (223 Views)
0 Likes