Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 09/02/2012
Offline
471 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

Nov 21, 2013

What do you want me to change the thread title to?

 

This isn't meant to be an actual confirmation, hence the question mark in the title.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 41 of 55 (334 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
11613 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

Nov 21, 2013

chaystic wrote:

What do you want me to change the thread title to?

 

This isn't meant to be an actual confirmation, hence the question mark in the title.


The thread title is fine. No need to change it.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 42 of 55 (328 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

Nov 21, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

I got through the first 15 chapters easy on Crushing for UDF but the last 7 were the hardest of any hard difficulty I have played on the PS3 seriously. I was killed countless times in the part Matthijs mention and also in the last fight. I was killed alot of time by Navarro's blindfire. He should've been nerfed Smiley Tongue


haha, so true, btw, if you are looking for an even harder boss fight in the Uncharted series, try Luitenant Draza on crushing and use the cheat 'fast motion', it is so hard because you fail the quick time event every time and have to start over and over and over until you finally get it right, it's fun to do Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 55 (323 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7531 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

Nov 21, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

I got through the first 15 chapters easy on Crushing for UDF but the last 7 were the hardest of any hard difficulty I have played on the PS3 seriously. I was killed countless times in the part Matthijs mention and also in the last fight. I was killed alot of time by Navarro's blindfire. He should've been nerfed Smiley Tongue


haha, so true, btw, if you are looking for an even harder boss fight in the Uncharted series, try Luitenant Draza on crushing and use the cheat 'fast motion', it is so hard because you fail the quick time event every time and have to start over and over and over until you finally get it right, it's fun to do Smiley Happy


LOL jesus please no.

Sleep Matt signature
Message 44 of 55 (318 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
1311 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

Nov 22, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

I got through the first 15 chapters easy on Crushing for UDF but the last 7 were the hardest of any hard difficulty I have played on the PS3 seriously. I was killed countless times in the part Matthijs mention and also in the last fight. I was killed alot of time by Navarro's blindfire. He should've been nerfed Smiley Tongue


haha, so true, btw, if you are looking for an even harder boss fight in the Uncharted series, try Luitenant Draza on crushing and use the cheat 'fast motion', it is so hard because you fail the quick time event every time and have to start over and over and over until you finally get it right, it's fun to do Smiley Happy


LOL jesus please no.


I'm getting flashbacks.  The vehicle section in Drake's Fortune was no treat either.  Oh man, Draza, takes me back to frustration town.  Anyway, I have a feeling the VGAs will be where more is revealed.  ND keeps their cards close to their chest.

Message 45 of 55 (306 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/03/2013
Offline
368 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

Nov 22, 2013
I wish it was confirmed. However I'm eager to see more (trailer, info, new teaser, GAMEPLAY or otherwise) at the VGAs. Uncharted definitely isn't uncharted without drake and the gang, in particular drake. Nolan north could practically cajole the pants off anyone - or at least trick them to giving up their wallet to him Smiley Tongue
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 46 of 55 (303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/09/2011
Offline
7372 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2013

As much as I want to see Drake and the gang back, it is not that absurd to think they might not be. Let's look at two other PlayStation exclusive franchises:

 

Infamous


Infamous, PS3, Cole McGrath 

Infamous 2, PS3, Cole McGrath

Infamous: Second Son, PS4, Delsin Rowe

 

Killzone 


Killzone, PS2/PS3, Jan Templar

Killzone 2, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone 3, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone: Shadow Fall, PS4, Lucas Kellan

 

Notice how both change their protagonist and drop the numbers in their titles upon PS4. Of course, the new Uncharted may still be called Uncharted 4 and it is not definite on whether it will follow this trend or not. Just don't rule it out completely. 

Message 47 of 55 (284 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2013

samuelcd1997 wrote:

As much as I want to see Drake and the gang back, it is not that absurb to think they might not be. Let's look at two other PlayStation exclusive franchises:

 

Infamous


Infamous, PS3, Cole McGrath 

Infamous 2, PS3, Cole McGrath

Infamous: Second Son, PS4, Delsin Rowe

 

Killzone 

 


Killzone, PS2/PS3, Jan Templar

Killzone 2, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone 3, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone: Shadow Fall, PS4, Lucas Kellan

 

Notice how both change their protagonist and drop the numbers in their titles upon PS4? Of course, the new Uncharted may still be called Uncharted 4 and it is not definite on whether it will follow this trend or not. Just don't rule it out completely. 


agreed, only there is one major difference:

 

Spoiler
Cole McGrath is dead, and so is the guy from Killzone 3 if I'm not mistaken, never played the game, but I remember someone saying he's dead, his name was Sev or something, anyway, point being, nathan drake is still alive, I think the reason the next infamous and killzone game have new protagonists has more to do with the previous protagonist being dead than with a sudden urge to change the protagonists, but that's just what I think Smiley Happy
Message 48 of 55 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
11613 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

Nov 22, 2013
Message 49 of 55 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Offline
3341 posts
 

Re: Playstation Russia Confirms That Nathan Drake Is Protagonist Of Uncharted 4?

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2013

samuelcd1997 wrote:

As much as I want to see Drake and the gang back, it is not that absurd to think they might not be. Let's look at two other PlayStation exclusive franchises:

 

Infamous


Infamous, PS3, Cole McGrath 

Infamous 2, PS3, Cole McGrath

Infamous: Second Son, PS4, Delsin Rowe

 

Killzone 


Killzone, PS2/PS3, Jan Templar

Killzone 2, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone 3, PS3, Tomas Sevchenko

Killzone: Shadow Fall, PS4, Lucas Kellan

 

Notice how both change their protagonist and drop the numbers in their titles upon PS4. Of course, the new Uncharted may still be called Uncharted 4 and it is not definite on whether it will follow this trend or not. Just don't rule it out completely. 


 The difference is Nathan is the biggest Sony 'Mascot' if you can call him that. Infamous lead character was never memorable they even change how he looked in the second game. Cole Died anyways & It was smart of them to drop the numbers from the title because it's like a fresh start for both Franchise as neither were huge sellers so instead of adding a Number to the game they went the reboot route which was a smart way to reintroduce the game to people who didn't play previous games.

 

I think Drake will be back the Uncharted Brand is too big fior them to replace Drake, that's like a Tomb Raider without Lara.

Message 50 of 55 (258 Views)
Reply
0 Likes