Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 19 2011
By: judalation First Son 32 posts

Please Dont listen to THE HATERS NAUGHTY DOG!

11 replies 149 views Edited Apr 19, 2011

I Dont care if the "hard core" Uncharted Fanboys cry all day... They dont like sprint... they dont like Custom classes... They dont like the new game types... Yet they wonder why it takes an hour to find people to play with.... Uncharted 2 was a halo Killer... But Uncharted 3 NEEDS to be a COD Killer! Thats why it needs a Kill cam and ADS.... Morew game types , sprint, and customization ... weapon skins etc... NOWADAYS IF A SHOOTER DOES NOT HAVE THIS ITS A NO PLAY FOR 96 percent of gamers!  I fell the greatest enemy to a new game in a Genra is the previous gamers... If Naughty dog wants this game to compete with Battlefields... They cannot be concerned about Uncharted 2 fans... And Yes I love UNCHARTED 2... But I must Admit It was  A Hard game for new player to pick up.. and thats why the community is almost dead when you try to get a game it takes an Hour....

What Uncharted 2 gamers dont get is if a game does not advance its taking a step back... look at Killzone 3... total flop by AAA standards because they play too close to the vest and did not innovate but wattered down killzone 2 dont regress.... ADD MORE OPTIONS AND FEATURES TO PLEASE EVERYONE... HALO... COD ... AND UNCHARTED.... I LOVE FREE FOR ALL SPRINT AND CUSTOM CLASSES... IF YOU DONT... DONT USE IT!  But Uncharted must appeal to a greater crowd.. if you dont like it you can still get to play Uncharted 2... If you can get into a lobby that is...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (149 Views)
Survivor
2754 posts

How in the world did uncharted 2 kill halo?  And cod will...

Apr 19, 2011

How in the world did uncharted 2 kill halo?  And cod will never die. 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1466 posts

And this, guys, is a prime example of the state of UC3. I...

Apr 19, 2011

And this, guys, is a prime example of the state of UC3. I won't even try to debate the amount of stench from the OP.

--

Paying for Uncharted 2 content? Heck no.

Rioichi Cooper.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

yes innovation is good, but going overboard is going over...

Apr 19, 2011

judalation wrote:

I Dont care if the "hard core" Uncharted Fanboys cry all day... They dont like sprint... they dont like Custom classes... They dont like the new game types... Yet they wonder why it takes an hour to find people to play with.... Uncharted 2 was a halo Killer... But Uncharted 3 NEEDS to be a COD Killer! Thats why it needs a Kill cam and ADS.... Morew game types , sprint, and customization ... weapon skins etc... NOWADAYS IF A SHOOTER DOES NOT HAVE THIS ITS A NO PLAY FOR 96 percent of gamers!  I fell the greatest enemy to a new game in a Genra is the previous gamers... If Naughty dog wants this game to compete with Battlefields... They cannot be concerned about Uncharted 2 fans... And Yes I love UNCHARTED 2... But I must Admit It was  A Hard game for new player to pick up.. and thats why the community is almost dead when you try to get a game it takes an Hour....

What Uncharted 2 gamers dont get is if a game does not advance its taking a step back... look at Killzone 3... total flop by AAA standards because they play too close to the vest and did not innovate but wattered down killzone 2 dont regress.... ADD MORE OPTIONS AND FEATURES TO PLEASE EVERYONE... HALO... COD ... AND UNCHARTED.... I LOVE FREE FOR ALL SPRINT AND CUSTOM CLASSES... IF YOU DONT... DONT USE IT!  But Uncharted must appeal to a greater crowd.. if you dont like it you can still get to play Uncharted 2... If you can get into a lobby that is...

yes innovation is good, but going overboard is going overboard.  There's improvement and there's downright despiration.

Look at reach.  So many hardcore fans hate that game.  You know why?  The exact same thing that uncharted seems to be doing.  

Teleporting smoke bombs and instantly conjuring RPG's into your hand isnt typical uncharted gameplay.  The more I think through somethings though the more I understand them.  But smoke and RPG's...nah...

This game could also go without power plays.  Maybe if a team is getting railed realy hard maybe a neutral party can step in, like mythical creatures or something....but it still seems ridiculously unfair.  Just because one team is really bad that doesnt mean they should get some kind of super power to help them get a better score.

Truthfully, I agree with every other die hard uncharted 2 fan.    Uncharted 2 was good  because it was original and fun.  Some of these changes seem drastic and CoD like, but who knows maybe they will turn out to be fun. 

A lot of people are upset about sprint because the majority of the population shot it down.  The only people who really wanted a sprint button were fans of other games.  Sprint option is really gonna tick me off. 

One thing I hope they really think about is button mapping.  I realised a few months ago that it would be amazing if R2 and L2 swapped places in terms of function.  It'd be a lot easier to throw nades.  I havent seen if you can do it in U2 yet, keep forgetting....Imma feel stupid if you can change it already. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

It's because of people like OP that every game is afraid...

Apr 19, 2011
It's because of people like OP that every game is afraid to make a name for themselves. WHY does it need to be a COD killer? WHY does it need to be a Halo killer? Whats wrong with uncharted BEING UNCHARTED!?

Is uncharted bad? No way, 2 games, one being a gem with a GOTY sequel with (hopefully) another one on the way. So it can't be that, not to mention a handheld version coming as well.

Is it the low sales? No, can't be, it sold millions and even got a GOTY edition, they don't hand that out to games with low sales.

Is it the community? No, there's always a game available in the multiplayer with a dedicated hardcore fanbase in the forum, so that can't be it either.

Last I checked, Halo and COD have all these traits as well, some more-so then others, so, please tell me, why does Uncharted need to kill these two completely unrelated franchises? All ND had to do was refine, improve, innovate. Adding killstreaks, keeping SA and putting in a sprint button is the opposite of all of that.

(I have no quarrel with the sprint button or the changes, I'm willing to try out everything in the beta, but, right now my opinion stays as I am making an educated guess. ND could potential shoot themselves in the foot with adding gameplay features that, for lack of a better word, are retarded and aren't needed in Uncharted.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

I find this logic particularly amusing.   Many, many play...

Apr 19, 2011

judalation wrote:
I LOVE FREE FOR ALL SPRINT AND CUSTOM CLASSES... IF YOU DONT... DONT USE IT!

I find this logic particularly amusing.

Many, many players in UC2 dislike SA being in the game. I don't see how them not using it would magically fix all the problems of it still being in the game, the most glaring being that other players are still going to be using it.

Not customizing your class, using kickbacks or using power plays because you think they shouldn't be in the game just puts you at a disadvantage. It doesn't solve anything.

Also, it only takes me about 20 seconds to find a match in UC2. You must just have really, really bad internet. That, or you're a blind COD fanboy and you like making hyperbolic statements.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

I sort of agree

Apr 19, 2011

I think that the additions will make the multiplayer a lot deeper, and attract a lot more players. And of course, more players is not only better for naughty dog, but definitely better for the players. (if you want to play something besides death match in U2, it can take a while to find a match, it's true).

I don't mind multiplayer being different. What U2 had that I hope U3 doesn't lose by adding all this stuff, is class. It was so freaking classy, you were even playing villains vs. heroes, and when you captured the flag, it wasn't a meaningless flag, it was treasure, booyah. Little stuff that like that kept a level of immersion. I love customization, LBP and Modnation are som of my favorite games. But I hope all these colors, emblems, and magic grenades and taunts don't take away that epic atmosphere that U2 managed to hold onto through the multiplayer mode. Throw on the options, and definitely don't hesitate to steal ideas from the most popular games, but please ND, don't lose the core feeling that made U2 unique.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

While I dont mind the new changes, how could you say that...

Apr 19, 2011

judalation wrote:

And Yes I love UNCHARTED 2... But I must Admit It was  A Hard game for new player to pick up.. and thats why the community is almost dead when you try to get a game it takes an Hour....

While I dont mind the new changes, how could you say that UC2 was a a harder game to pick up when this one is gonna have loadouts and kill streaks (kind off) things...UC2 was just grab the controller and play the objective, this one has many more things to take in consideration like weapon MODS and powerplay, right now sounds like a more complex UC2(which is not a bad thing) still UC2 is like a simple mode to UC3 advance MP.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
730 posts

oh looks its one of those guys who played the uncharted 2...

Apr 19, 2011
oh looks its one of those guys who played the uncharted 2 a couple of times and they think they know whats right. You were probably garbage in uc2, you must be living in a village for you to find a match, I find them in less than 30 seconds. You are just those CoD retard who expect everything to be easy. GET THIS IN YOUR THICK HEAD FANBOY UNCHARTED 3 WILL NOT BE A COD KILLER. KILLZONE 3's MP FAILED BECAUSE IT TOOK ELEMENTS FROM, So did MoH and so did BATTLEFIELD. Its about quality not quantity, what your basically saying that naughty dog should reduce their quality to get a bigger fanbase than have something with quality
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

I'll second the first part of your post, U2 can take some...

Apr 19, 2011

ElFlechero wrote:

I think that the additions will make the multiplayer a lot deeper, and attract a lot more players. And of course, more players is not only better for naughty dog, but definitely better for the players. (if you want to play something besides death match in U2, it can take a while to find a match, it's true).

I'll second the first part of your post, U2 can take some time to find a match, with new modes and splitscreen introduced even online U3 should have quick connections all round, quicker than Nate can buy Harry a drink. More players is always a positive for online multiplayer. Anyway as Naughty Dog were saying U2 definately could've had improved multiplayer, these new additions are probably what they've often had in mind all along.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes