Mar 19 2013
By: GuiltyBlaze Hekseville Citizen 260 posts

Please do something about parties

20 replies 646 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

I love the uncharted series to death, love playing the MP, but I don't like the BS I have to deal with in mp and I don't want to quit because of it. Like many others, too many people are getting matched up against parties while they are on a team of low levels who have little to no experience, and no good weapon mods available to them.

We've lost before the match even begins, and at the results screen practically everyone but me has left the match. I'm the only one fighting these parties and I just get taunted to death and sometimes I ask myself ''Why am I even playing this game?''. I know alot of people encourage you to play with your friends but I don't think that's the way to go. Maybe I'm being too considerate but I feel bad for people who have to play against parties, even when I'm on the same team as the party.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (646 Views)
Survivor
2201 posts

Re: Please do something about parties

Mar 19, 2013
Playing with friends is fun and taking it out is a horrible idea. I understand what you mean but there is no way to fix it without ruining something else.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (606 Views)
Sackboy
391 posts

Mar 19, 2013
If you play line wolf just play free for all, I never used to but now I'm addicted, possibly due to the huge punt of f2p players at the moment lol it's better than getting spanked by a party of awesomeness or lagginess
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4073 posts

Mar 19, 2013
ermm make friends?
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (577 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Mar 19, 2013

GuiltyBlaze wrote:

I love the uncharted series to death, love playing the MP, but I don't like the BS I have to deal with in mp and I don't want to quit because of it. Like many others, too many people are getting matched up against parties while they are on a team of low levels who have little to no experience, and no good weapon mods available to them.

We've lost before the match even begins, and at the results screen practically everyone but me has left the match. I'm the only one fighting these parties and I just get taunted to death and sometimes I ask myself ''Why am I even playing this game?''. I know alot of people encourage you to play with your friends but I don't think that's the way to go. Maybe I'm being too considerate but I feel bad for people who have to play against parties, even when I'm on the same team as the party.

I guess I'm the only one who is with you on this one. I don't mind the lag because I seem to be lucky in not getting many south americans and I don't mind RoF because most people that use it have no skill and I can easily out-strafe them. It's parties. Every time I see a party of 4-5 I XMB quit especially if I'm the host, just to **bleep** them off.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 19, 2013
What actually irritates me more are those players who are simply not up for the fight against clans of 5. I was in a group of 3 yesterday and one of my group simply messaged me before it started and said, "Eff this, I'm off to play FFA."

The clan of 5 wasn't even that good - their stats made them look good but they had those stats as they were flat track bullies, only playing together as a clan and beating up on inexperienced players. In the end, only two of us were left in the match and we got beaten. I was pleased to go 10-12 as I was getting shot from all sides.

So often, these clans of 5 are carried by one really good player. I like the challenge of taking them on and on certain occasions a group of 3 of us have beaten clans of 5 and the sense of achievement is resounding.

I know it's frustrating but I don't think it happens that often. I grin and bear it and then find a new lobby if I don't think I'll enjoy it for another match.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (423 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Mar 19, 2013

When I am alone and against a full clan with high levels and my team with noobs, I quit too. Its not fun to get beat up with 50-10 or so. I think they should make a Deadmacth mode with no parties allowed (next to the normal one). Free for all is nice sometimes, but I prefer to be with 5 against 5.

So now i just avoid deadmatch unless i am with a team.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (313 Views)
Survivor
2201 posts

Mar 20, 2013

jessinha wrote:

When I am alone and against a full clan with high levels and my team with noobs, I quit too. Its not fun to get beat up with 50-10 or so. I think they should make a Deadmacth mode with no parties allowed (next to the normal one). Free for all is nice sometimes, but I prefer to be with 5 against 5.

So now i just avoid deadmatch unless i am with a team.

Mercenary Mode would make the player pool even smaller. And it would ruin the game for parties because they will only find other parties since everyone(except a few low levels maybe) would go mercenary mode if they are not in a party. With only parties it's much harder to get 10 man in 1 match since the last place(s) can't be filled with randoms. ANd even if it does it's likely that parties will have to be split. 

And the game would be impossible to play for casual players and splitscreeners playing in a party of 2 since they would only meet other parties.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Video games are best played with friends, even if your friends are laggy tryhards.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (274 Views)
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I think they need to add some priority in the match making algorythem so that parties find other parties more often. It's rare that you run across other full parties or even close to full parties when playing in a party of five. 

It would be more fun if it happened more often. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (236 Views)