Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2213 posts

Re: Please do something about parties

Mar 20, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

I think they need to add some priority in the match making algorythem so that parties find other parties more often. It's rare that you run across other full parties or even close to full parties when playing in a party of five. 

It would be more fun if it happened more often. 

There is only a small chance that that hapens because if a you're in a party of 5 and find 1 random another party of 5 doesn't fit anymore. For a match to start there need to be either 6, 8 or 10 players and that can be hard to create with parties so parties will find more randoms.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (187 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Mar 20, 2013

GuiltyBlaze wrote:

I love the uncharted series to death, love playing the MP, but I don't like the BS I have to deal with in mp and I don't want to quit because of it. Like many others, too many people are getting matched up against parties while they are on a team of low levels who have little to no experience, and no good weapon mods available to them.

We've lost before the match even begins, and at the results screen practically everyone but me has left the match. I'm the only one fighting these parties and I just get taunted to death and sometimes I ask myself ''Why am I even playing this game?''. I know alot of people encourage you to play with your friends but I don't think that's the way to go. Maybe I'm being too considerate but I feel bad for people who have to play against parties, even when I'm on the same team as the party.

As much as I hate seeing a party of 5 myself, you can't just take that away from this game. Personally I don't party up in public matches very often. I play lone wolf TDM and though a party of 5 is aggravating I understand why people do it. It's fun. I won't do it in pubs, but if I get the slightest chance to play in a party on custom games, I'll take it. Also some people only play when they can party up to either avoid the same problem, or just play with their friends.

I'd love to see a mercanary playlist with no parties, but we're far too late in the games life for it, we have too many playlist as it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2105 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Sadly there is no way something will be done in UC3.

UC4, instead of having 3 separate TDM variants, should have 2. and 1 of those should be Mercenary.

(ideally, there would be a "all competitive mercenary" playlist. thats my dream...)

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2105 posts

Mar 20, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:
ermm make friends?

Dont take this personally, because you know were buds, but my god, i hate this token response.

I have plenty of friends, and some times, i just want a different kind of challenge where I can play by myself against other lone wolves. So does most of the community.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Yeah it's hard to win as a lone wolf .

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

If this game had more daily players than any other multiplayer out there, I would support the idea of a more level-based matchmaking and maybe even a playlist for lone wolfs only.

Unfortunately, something like that would make things worse at this point. We have too much lag as it is. An idea such as yours would only make it worse. It would take forvever to find matches and if you did, it would be against players so laggy that you'd rather not play at all.

Besides, even more people would constantly create alternative accounts then. Just look how bad it is since ND came up with a more (but not completely) level-based matchmaking...

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Mar 20, 2013

the only way to play this game now is in a Party of 5. The game is trash solo

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Mar 21, 2013

i think more os the whiners on here coul duse a few parties.

people complain about video games less when they are on drugs or hungover.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Hielke, yeah that's the way it is now, but they could change priorities on match making for parties. They could do a priority search for other parties and if a party is ending against a group of individuals it could pull the party out of the 6 or 7 grouping and bring it back to another party if one was out there or something like that. 

if they could alter things so parties of five are more likely to come up against other parties then it would take a lot of stress off the lone wolves. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11068 posts

Mar 21, 2013
We should do something about ND. :smileysurprised:
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (68 Views)
0 Likes