Dec 06 2011
By: DigitalPirate First Son 2 posts

Please please please Naughty DOG fix my BUGGY game

4 replies 139 views Edited Dec 6, 2011

I have searched the forums page after page, and have yet to find any real resolution to my problems.  I am a huge Uncharted Fan, but cannot fully enjoy this game with all the bugs in it.

First off I have the latest ps3 firmware update as well as the latest u3 update.

My issues are:

Cutscene are almost unwatchable... The framerate will drop to practically 0FPS.. Then speed up to compensate for time lost, the whole time the audio plays fine, so I can hear the game play out but cannot see it. This is my #1 problem. I have read on other posts, that people who swapped out there HDD's are having similar issues(which I have). I do not understand how this can be ps3 related.. I have played tons of ps3 games and never had this issue, as well as recently re-played U1 and U2. How this can be overlooked in development is beyond me. PS3 markets there system to have an upgradeable HDD, so its not like I am doing anything wrong.  One semi-solution I heard of was to play the game off-line(sign out of the psn), and this seemed to have solved my problem for a few chapters. I am now at chapter 9 where it is starting to happen more and more frequently. I got the game on release date, and have been patiently waiting for a patch, but there doesn't seem to be any word from Naughty Dog acknowledging this problem. I know some will say the disc is faulty, but I have already returned 2 copies of the game, each having the same issue,and again cannot relate it to a fautly ps3, which is less then a year old, and had no issues with any other game. 

My next issue is the sound dropping out, in gameplay. Music and sound Fx will either cut out of be delayed. This is more of an annoyance of anything else, it defiantly takes away from the experience, but  at the least of my concerns.

Finally ever since chapter 8 (and again with the cutscenes), there are times that animation doesn't seem to be loading on the characters, and they just are kinda floating around, or the rigs start bugging out, and the characters pop in and out of there poses. This is somewhat comical, but does ruin the experience of the game.

Im sorry if im ranting on, im not one to really post on the forums, but its just that im getting so frustrated with such a great game. I have loved every second of the game, and want to experience it the way it was suppose to be played.

Please Naughty Dog, or anybody out there give me a solution to my problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
452 posts

I have a upgraded HDD in my PS3 slim, a 750Gig one and ha...

Dec 6, 2011

I have a upgraded HDD in my PS3 slim, a 750Gig one and have 0 issues with frame rates. 

Perhaps it's your PS3 having the issue not the game or your hard drive is corrupted or failing.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Hey ParkCity thanks for the reply.. i would think that co...

Dec 6, 2011

Hey ParkCity thanks for the reply.. i would think that could be an issue, but i have a vast library of ps3 games on disc and on my hdd, and have no issue with any other game, I will try to swap out the HDD this weekend to test it out.

Also an added note, that i just tested this out and  if i play back the cutscenes in the bonus cutscene view mode, they play back fine, 100%, with no framerate drops or audio stutter.

Ive made it another 2 chapters (on 11 now), and there are bugs left and right.. now some occuring in gameplay, where parts of the level arent loading up properly ( iam seeing a big empty space) and if i walk into it i just fall to my death.

Please what to do!!!!???!???

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Cutscenes and gameplay audio out of sync - massive stuttering

Dec 7, 2011

Hi there,

I'm having this issue also. I have a brand new PS3 ( Infamous 2 bundle, recently replace a YLOD old 60GB PS3 ). I've played the game with either the original 320GB HDD or a 640GB Western Digital hard drive. Same thing happening with both HDDs. I've been reading up on this and it can be a streaming issue of the game which needs to be patched.

All other games I have plays perfectly. Also, people are saying that it can be a laser issue because this is a dual layer game. God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII are both dual layer games and they both plays perfectly.

Hope Naughty Dog reads this as its becoming really frustrating.

I feel your pain, DigitalPirate, this needs to be fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Cutscenes and gameplay audio out of sync - massive stuttering

Jun 14, 2013

Have they come up with a fix? My fat PS3 died (of course) and I can't play UC3 OR Last of Us on a PS3 slim. You figured they would have the LEAST problems.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (130 Views)
0 Likes