Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
5 posts

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 26, 2013

now that online play is free...
if i download and install it, can i play it just like using a disc to play it?
i mean, do i have to spend more money to be able to unlock level limit and stuff?
because i wouldn't want to spend anymore money....
i don't know why ND can't just let us download the whole game, since we already own the disc that can't play...

Message 331 of 368 (930 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Feb 27, 2013

well even after the last couple patches and this new big "f2p" model i still cant even get passed that useless spinning ring which im pretty sure is related to either a bad code between sony's latest patch and ND's or a problem with the new crappy excuse for a gui on the store

so id like to thank ND for the $170 frisbee i now own

Message 332 of 368 (902 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Feb 27, 2013

i downloaded the free virsion and played a couple of TDM.
i get to keep my level, and all the stuff i already have(guns and stuff), but i just can't make any money or level up on it.
i had a spinning ring and sound issue, but now at least i can play the game...
i wish they would give us a code or something to unlock level limit thing...

Message 333 of 368 (899 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 28, 2013

UPDATE, UPDATE i just tried re-installing the ps3 frmware and my game is now working normally it must have installed weirdly on the first try but to re-install the firmware just go to the ps site download the update to usb and update it that way if anyone else gets their game to work through this method then post id like to test if it fixes the problem

Message 334 of 368 (855 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Feb 28, 2013

d34grk wrote:
Would like to hear about results of your console repair.Will U3 works after that or not.
And haven't clerk explained you why a specific games refuses to be read and others doing well without any signs of problems? That's a really awkward situation (at least for PS3-technically unskilled guy like me).

Well, since UC3 is the only game having this issue, atleast for now, i'd rather wait and get the drive replaced when more games wont read.

The clerk didnt say specifically why, he just said that thats how disk drives die, slowly, one game after the other, untill none work.

Also, this is weird but after some more testing i found a way to get the game to work more or less reliably. Here's what i do: i play a disk-based PS3 game for about 15~30 min, then quit and eject the game. The disk should feel slightly warm to the touch. After that i just put in UC3 and the blue disk will appear in the XMB. From then the game is fully playable, both SP and MP... atleast if you dont let the disk drive cool off too mutch, in witch case your back to square one, heating up the drive by playing another game.

I have managed to finish the game using this method. I find that using the MGS:HD Collection works best, probably because it has no HD install, so the disk drive warms up the most with it from all the data it needs to send.

Message 335 of 368 (852 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Thank you for the info. Will try to do something with that problem. It's good when community members helping each other.

But i'm still frustrated Naughty Dog support team forget about that topic...

Message 336 of 368 (846 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Mar 10, 2013
Oddly enought the latest UC3 patch has made the problem a little less severe - it still heats up like crazy in less than 1 minute and makes really loud noises. But it still takes a very long time to sync up.
Message 337 of 368 (732 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Hey Arne and UC3 community,

I bought UC3 when it 1st came out in Nov 2011 and played through the story/campaign mode several times on multiple difficulty settings and beat them all with zero problems.

I then moved on to online MP/Co-op and have been playing this with no problems (barring the very occassional inability to get on to MP mode/cannot sync level data etc which always ended up resolving itself) and have legacied several times again with no problems.

Then come January of this year, I started to get the same infinite spinning ring issues as everyone else. When it first happened  I hadn't googled/read blogs and at the time, I thought maybe my PS3 (80G fat) was starting to become damaged. I ended up calling Sony Custtomer service and did a bunch of system restore to default, system file restore through safe mode which helped for maybe one game but then invariably it would freeze somewhere, had to do hard restarts and then would not read the disk anymore on my XMB.

After further reading/research I came across this blog and found this info. So I follow these steps of deleting UC2 and UC3 game utility data and redownloading everything, have done this several times now and I have no longer had any spinning ring issues for a while and am able to now get into the game.

So here are the new things that have been happening since:

1) I tried playing campaign mode, loaded up an old game, started at Airport, played through no problem, then story mode on plane, played through this and when Drake climbs back up onto the plane using the cargo netting, all of a sudden I was inside the plane, the cargo door was closed and I was stuck inside the plane with no further progression of the story (no enemies would appear and i was just running around inside among the fire). I had to eject the game disk and once again would not find game on XMB.

2) When playing online I have had few abnormalities: 1) I sometimes freeze in a game where my character gets stuck and I can still see player arrows, also stuck, but nothing in the game is moving. The weird thing was that while I was stuck there was clear and crisp audio playing and the sound effects was basically that of a wind blowing through, sounding like a storm.

Funny enough, when I went to play UC2 game, it was the same type of wind noise effects that you hear on Chapter 1 on the fallen train, winter scene. Have no idea if this is a coincidence or not or if there is crossover from UC2 into UC3??. (only happened one time)

Otherwise, I typically can now get on to play just 1 online MP game with no problems but several times in a row now, when I get to the "You Won/You Lost" screen at the end of the game that is when it freezes now and system becomes unresponsive. If i hit eject button on console game spits out, my stats sometimes get saved/other times not before my system restarts and again am unable to read disk.

Dont' know if anyone else out there is also having this new problem.

So frustating because I miss playing this game!

Message 338 of 368 (696 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 18, 2013

The Uncharted series was the initial reason I was even interested in getting a PS3! I played through both U1 and U2 in decent time, but due to work etc, was unable to obtain U3 until three days ago. I popped it in that night (keep in mind, I do have a recycled copy, it looked perfectly intact to the naked eye though) and was prompted to download patch 1.17! I didn't have any reason to not trust Naughty Dog at this point, so I went ahead. It was an overnight process, but when I woke up, it seemed ready to go. 

So I went through the beginning notions: starting it from XMB, selecting campaign, my difficulty choice, and the initial cutscene began! All seemed well....... UNTIL a certain point. I was able to do the tutorial level for fighting. But at a certain point, the 'dialogue' sounds (ie. Nate grunting as he punches someone, or the enemies 'oofing' with pain) would disappear completely. It made the experience oddly quietbut nothing I couldn't handle. Then, right as it was checkpointing, when the big monster man tackles Nate into the bathroom, BAM. I get the spinning ring. 

After many retries, I was able to get slightly further, but only about three minutes worth. Then it would freeze and essentially lock up my entire system. I had to resort to completely unplugging the console a few times.

I then googled! I found a forum on the PS3 community, tried a bunch of 'solutions' posted there! I've deleted my game and save data (seeing as how I hadn't even made a dent yet, I didn't mind deleting the save data). I've put the PS3 into 'safe mode' and tried playing like that. I've played U2 for about half an hour and then popped in U3. I've rebuilt the database and tried. I've gotten rid of every Uncharted game data I can find. I've tried with and without patch 1.17. 

I don't know what else to do! It has been a source of major frustration for me, as I can usually figure these kind of things out. I don't know about my PS3 stats, but I'm pretty sure it's a fat one, its about two years old at this point. Never had any problems with it, every other disc game, movie and downloaded game works flawlessly, only problem is U3. 

I know there isn't much chance of a ND solution or even a surefire solution from this thread, just thought I'd add my story into the pool that seems to be growing by the month :smileysad: 

Very disappointed but will give ND the benefit of the doubt! Until then, I guess I'm getting a new disc tomorrow, just to see :smileysad:

Message 339 of 368 (650 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 18, 2013
its what i did .U3 GOTY Disc. it work a bit better mp but still freeze. not great. still need fix . maybe we need a new super slim to make it work properly who knows?!
Message 340 of 368 (633 Views)
0 Likes