Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
20 posts

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Mar 19, 2013
any good news from you??? have you tried with a new disc ?
Message 341 of 368 (3,061 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Naughty Dog doesn't care. They have our money. They know 99% of the **bleep** off people will still buy Last of Us, and a new group of people will buy that game. Sad that this is becoming the developer mentality. Forget the fans! We'll find new ones! They won't even reply to my thread that I called the out in. Cowards.

Message 342 of 368 (3,047 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

Still no update on this issue? I'm not going to go in depth about system specs and what not because that would be a waste of time - there are a thousand other souls on here  that are having the same problem as me with the same configuration.

The issue is the typical infinite spinning ring. In my case, I had just started a new game, made it up to the Second Story Work Chapter, and started noticing faulty graphic loading - low res textures, street below was mapped all over as this yellow-gold looking color texture. I went on, thinking I'll play while the game continues trying to load them in, and ended up dying shortly after. Upon the game trying to load my most recent save, I got stuck on the spinning ring. Waited for a couple minutes, then tried quitting the game from pop-up XMB. This killed the system and restarted it, and further attempts at continuing from that last save point as well as starting directly from the aforementioned chapter has led to only the spinning ring.

I haven't tried loading up Multiplayer, either via the game or downloaded through PSN. In my opinion, I don't even know why ND saught to implement a multiplayer element - it just makes solving these kinds of problems more difficult.

That being said, since I don't expect there to be any firmware updates that get this game up and running, can anyone confirm whether the $40 U3 GOTY Edition Digital Download from the PSN consistently works?

Arne, or anyone else from the ND team, I realize you guys are under a lot of fire, but lets get back on track with finding out what can be done to remedy the situation, huh?

I'd also like to mark down: a lot of you on this forum need to learn to read, specifically titles, and learn when it is appropriate to address certain topics. For instance, talking about how janked your multiplayer loading is HAS NO DIRECT APPLICATION TO SPINNING RING PROBLEMS, DISCS NOT READING, OR U3 STOP WORKING. It would help the developers out a lot in containing the source of the problems if some of you grew brains. /rant.

Thanks

Message 343 of 368 (2,914 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Please fix!!!!!
Message 344 of 368 (2,904 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Uncharted-3-glitch-preventing-m...

that thread details what has been going on for me with Ucharted 3. I can't play the game any longer because of it.

Message 345 of 368 (2,900 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

Hey Arne,

First off, I want to thank you for the work you are putting in to figuring this out. I'm sorry about all the inconveniences you are experiencing. I hope I can help somehow, because I really like Uncharted 3. It's my favorite game.

Anyway, here's a detailed list of all the things that do not work properly or seem odd when I attempt to play Uncharted 3. It's very inconsistent, so there are alot of "sometimes" here:

1. Upon starting the game, sometimes the game will freeze before I even see the spinning ring. Sometimes, nothing happens when I press the PS button or hold it down, and I have to manually shut off my PS3. When I CAN use the PS button to see the menu, sometimes the Uncharted 3 game icon and the Uncharted 3 Digital Manual icon do not show.

2. Sometimes, I do see the spinning ring (sometimes I have to wait an abnormally long time before it starts spinning), but if or when the ring has finished spinning, the game will freeze on a black screen (the one before the health warning).  Sometimes, nothing happens when I press the PS button or hold it down, and I have to manually shut off my PS3. When I CAN use the PS button to see the menu, sometimes the Uncharted 3 game icon and the Uncharted 3 Digital Manual icon do not show.

3. If I manage to get past the spinning ring, the health warning and ND logo (and anything else before the title screen) all run properly. The problems begin again when I try to play campaign. Upon choosing a chapter, the picture associated with it will sometimes not load. Then, if I try to play a chapter, it will sometimes do the whole spinning ring thing (like 1 and 2). I don't usually play campaign, so these are all the problems I have come across.

4. The most information I can offer concern the online multiplayer. To begin with, when I try to sign in, the "signing in" box takes an awfully long time to display (if it does), and sometimes the act of signing in (if i get that far) takes even longer.

5. When I do manage to sign in, a lot of things go wrong. My profile always has an exclamation point next to it in every category, even when there is nothing new. I can make it go away, if there actually IS something new and I select it to make the exclamation point go away, then all the other exclamation points go away as well. This has happened before any other bug, but I didnt care because it didnt affect my gameplay.

6. The audio stops sometimes. When I say audio, I am referring to the background music that would play normally. The sounds associated with navagating the menus or on the Uncharted TV are still functioning properly.

7. Sometimes, my emblem does not show. Nor does my level, next to my name in the party roster. The emblems and levels of other players do not show as well, even when I try to view their profile.

8. At other times, my hero will freeze up completely. There is no movement at all, apart from him sliding across the floor somehow (randomly,he will snap back to movement, but he doesnt stay that way for long). If I go into my Hero/Villian Appearance, he will shift positions, but remain still in that position. When I leave Hero/Villian appearance, he will assume the first position that he was frozen in (I can make him alternate positions by doing this) If I view my villian appearance and switch characters, then go back to hero appearance, my hero is missing his upper body. I have no idea how.

9. Sometimes, the pictures associated with each map will not load, nor will the icons associated with each game mode.

10. When I attempt to find a game of any kind, the game will stop at 1 second before it starts, and nobody in the roster can begin. We must all manually turn off our PS3's. However, I can still change my loadout selection and view my friends (oh, another thing, sometimes the profile pictures of my friends on the friends menu does not show).

11. IF I ever manage to enter a game (hallelujah), audio is strange. The lady that says stuff like "kickback available" does not say things, but the static sound continues to play for a long time, then randomly stop. Otherwise, gameplay runs smoothly, and I cherish the next 15 minutes I have before I likely have to manually turn off my PS3. (The game will likely freeze at the "YOU WON" or "YOU LOST" menu, or just after, at the black screen, or at the ring, etc etc etc...)

My PS3 is a 350g. My disk is in perfect condition (or very very close). Other games work perfectly fine. I have tried rebuilding the database, restoring the file system and deleting game data utility (I think that's what it's called. it was in the suggestion you posted earlier). I live in Arizona, and I am willing to send in my PS3 if it's not too expensive. Again, THANK YOU for your effort and for reading this. PLEASE respond with anything I can do to help.

Kawelo (It's Hawaiian)

Message 346 of 368 (2,877 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my english as it is not my native language.

I came to this forum for the first time today to report a problem that i have been having with Uncharted 3, on my 2nd PS3, and i know for a fact the 1st one broke due to this problem.

So i was amazed to see this is a very common problem, that after a WHOLE year has not been granted a definitve solution...wow...anyway i also have the spinning ring problem and can say for sure it is only an Uncharted 3 problem, as all my other games, which are quite a lot, don't have any problems.

I have 2 more thing to say that i think can help a little and 1 question that i would like to be answered:

1 point: i tried on my 1st ps3, a 320 gb slim european model, to change to another game when i knew uncharted 3 wasn't loading or in the spinning ring...this eventually led me to temporary success and able to play the game, but DO NOT THIS cause eventually you will cause your system to broke as i infortunately found out xD...now  i have the 500 gb model that seems that was "designed and manufactured" in China (the console quality is awful lol) and i bought a new version of the game, the game of the year edition, but this replica start to broke and with the spinning ring even faster than the "normal" version of the game...i play U3 since day 1 and can say patch 1.04 and patch 1.17 were the worst patches reguarding this problem and made it worse!

2 point: this one is interesting...i have a vita and both uncharted games for it...and guess what?! Uncharted Fight for Fortune now as the same **bleep** spinning thing but with that gold medallion and in the title screen (the game say it is Loading and stays there forever like U3)...this is insane...and this started happening after i downloaded the 2 available DLC! Due to this same problem i think this problem lies in some internal code that is shared between all games ( i know it was bend studio who developed both vita games, but some code might be residual) or lies in some form in the DLC, as i think and stated previously that the GOTY version of the game seems more "proned" to problems.

Question: can anyone confirm if this problem DOES NOT happen with the downloadable version of the game cause that way i know i wouldn't broke the lens and disk reader again lol...

One final statement after reading almost 30 pages of complaints and poor resolves of the question...for someone who has spent more than 200 euros on the uncharted franchise, your costumer service is very bad and extremely lacking and sincerely i think you might have to adress that issue because you will lose costumers, if haven't already lost many...i am on my 2nd ps3 and 2nd game due to the fact that you are not competent (look at it how you like it, it is the fundamental basis of this question) and i don't think from what i have read or seen that my problem will be solved or you would offer me at least the downloadable version of the game if that doesn't have this problems!

PS: On a sidenote, and a bad one, my psn network pass from the GOTY edition was already been taken and not from me...that wasn't a serious problem as that was my 2nd game, but shame on you...what the hell is that?! Used codes on sealed games?! What an astonishing way to set up the bar!

That is all...i am sorry if i was harsh but right now that is how i feel.

Sincerely,

pasbrow

Message 347 of 368 (2,831 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

May 4, 2013

I have a question to developers - should i buy a "Last of us" game, if Uncharted 3 disc doens't work in my PS3?

For quite a large amount of time (since my first post in this topic), not a single person from Naugthy Dog have written here anything it makes me wonder.

Message 348 of 368 (2,717 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

May 19, 2013

Hello everyone.  I have my own update on this weird issue.  I used to have the 80GB fat model PS3. ( 2 USBs, no BC, etc.) I now I have a Slim model, with 120GB of storage.  

I used to play Killzone 3 and Uncharted 2/3 with no issue.   I recently got my hands on a slim model.  (Not the newer slims, the older ones. )  I could not get it to really play Killzone 3, it just took ages to load, IF it would load at all.  It would spin, make clicking noises, and most of the time nothing else would happen.  If it booted, it would take ages to load.  This also happened to Uncharted 3 for me.  I have the GOTY edition and I have these issues.

I borrowed my brothers copy of the ORIGINAL UC3, i played it on my console, and it worked first try.  Perhaps the GOTY has more issues?  With that said, I have gotten the game to work, mostly.  It often wont work the first few times I put it in the system.  Eventually it will load.  I don't know why, but after a while, i can eventually get it to launch.  Once it launchs, it WILL take a long time to load campaign.  Multiplayer will take alot less time, acts more or less normal I think.   Once I have the game running for a bit, EVERYTHING works.  I can load things reguarly, no issues.  I can even go to the XMB, take out the disc, try again and it works and loads.  

The fact that it eventually works fine is what strikes me.  I read some people here have freezing and glitching and such, I have none of these issues.  More or less I have long loading.  When I did have my older console, I did upgrade the Hard Drive in it.  maybe the different hard drive helped some how?

I DID buy this system off a friend, so it is not new and I'm pretty sure he opened it.  So I don't think Sony will help if its a console problem.  I can play every game except Killzone 3 and this with no issue.  If the offer still stands, I am willing to send my Console, as well as my copy of Uncharted 3 GOTY, to you guys.  I want to try to help however I can, so The Last of Us, any future ND title for the PS4, will all work without a hitch.  

Message 349 of 368 (2,635 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

@SillyHatMafia

If you play another disk-based PS3 game for 15 min before you play Killzone or UC3 goty, do you get better results?

I do, thats how i manage to play the game at all. Just inserting/removing doesnt work for me.

Message 350 of 368 (2,592 Views)
0 Likes