Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 2, 2012

Hey I got the same problem.It's nothing wrong with your PS3.You just need to delete the patch and install it again.This worked for me.Don't delete any of the saves,just the patch.

Oh and you should clean your disc.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 2, 2012

i did that disk is brand new out of box. i tried the delete thing it worked once then right back to same issue so i tried delete thing and this time it did not work. actually tried it more than once.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Feb 2, 2012

I have done this a couple of times(4) already.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 2, 2012

lol guy now it will not load and then even download the patch the only thing on it is the maps from the ps store.

by the way the disk works on my old ps3 fatty. so the disk is fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 2, 2012

Sorry, I don't want to try to load the game again for fear it will mess up my PS3 permanently, as has happened to others. The machine was working WAY too hard. Still waiting to hear from Arne.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Feb 4, 2012

Ok Arne your fucking awesome game broke my first ps3.After all the complaining I have done about it you have done nothing, I am going to go buy a ps3 right now at a local walmart and If that U3 disc breaks my ps3 agian I'm blaming it on you.I take care of my stuff and keep my disc clean so I'll be back tonight or maybe tommorow to show you my results on a brand new ps3.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 5, 2012

yep I don't hold out much hope in getting any answers about this. I have talked to a few friends in europe and many people are having so many differnt issues they just stopped playing uc3 altogether.

spinning ring,walls becoming invisable in campain mode,many multi play issues and ps3 stopping loading their disks

you know it's not really funny when the game works for some time then just stops working for some unknown reason.

with no answers from anyone in weeks. as for you buying a new sony sorry you had to go to that extreme.

it is ridiculos that no one can give us a reason why this game just stopped working on some systems

hello is this somthing that can be resolved?

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Joining the ranks here. My Uncharted 3 stopped working after the new updates. I have an original 80 gig phat PS3 that came with the MGS4 bundle. I tried deleting all game utility data with UC3, UC2 and UC1, then started a new game and saved with each. Still getting an infinite loading screen on start up. I also attempted restoring the default settings on the PS3 XMB and even set my PS3 vertically to see if that would help. Still nothing.

Please help us!

This may be useful information, but I'm not sure...

I tried playing the game sometime last month and my PS3 froze right when I got to the end of chapter 2... I started getting the infinite loading screen after that and was unable to play any longer.

I waited about a month and started playing again thinking the problem had been fixed!  But when I had just got done getting through the spider cave in the Eastern France chapter I started noticing textures and landscapes over the horizon were not appearing, this was foreshadowed by audio clipping and music stopping beforehand. My character eventually fell through the games floor and died, the game then crashed and I was forced to reset my PS3. I have been stuck with the "ring" startup screen eversince. So to me it seems the problem was temporarily fixed, but came back.

Feel free to message me and ask any questions if you think it may be of use!

My email acenitup@aol.com

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 7, 2012

dear ND,

UC3 is my most favorite game last year, yet i can't even play the damn game at all. the disc doesn't even appear on the XMB AT ALL. tried a dual-layer BR disc like GOW3 and it works fine. i've asked for solutions but clearly ND is so busy on The Last Of Us to clearly game a solution to people who paid $60 for a game they can't play. i've been planning to play MP after i finished Skyrim yet i can't, and that was months agoooooo. tried putting in UC3 yesterday in hopes that it'd work again and voila of course it didn't. good gawd, never again will i buy a Naughty Dog game with this kind of disservice.

and no, i can't send in my console because i'm not in the US of A. to say that i am disappointed and frustrated  is an understatement. now all i got is a brick that won't work.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 7, 2012

seriously ND was in multi play on my old ps3 and coop crushing in the church drake showed up with no head and just stood there not moving the three of us could move him around but we had to kill ourselves to get the game to work again.

what is all the problems just fix the game or remove the last update so the game can work again.

seemed to work fine on relese never had any issues like this in uc2.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 368 (720 Views)
0 Likes