Reply
First Son
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 8, 2012

Prior to previous patch.... Game worked great.  No issues.

Last patch... Multiplayer buggy at best.  Could get into about 1 in 10 games. Game freezes, hard reboots but could play campaign. 

Newest patch.... Infinite spinning ring on start up. 

You are going drastically in the wrong direction in terms of fixing this game. 

Disappointed (on a fat 80). 

Message 61 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 8, 2012

Got the PS3 and UC3 in a bundle for Xmas really like the game. Started to play but got MW3 and finished that and went back to play UC3. The game worked fine till the update,my game will go past the spinning ring then starts some graphics sound stops and screen freezes,system beeps and shuts down.

Now how in the world can a patch that has screwed and fry-ed peoples systems and nothing is being done ???

Just one of the developers saying try this and that,how did you test the patch before it was released,not very well buy the looks of all the complaint's all over INTERNET, just goggle it .

Starting to think that Sony and Naughty Dog don't care and will just wait us out and hope we move on

As trianglecat said Disappointed

Will make my vote when it comes to purchase a Sony or Naughty Dog product.

Message 62 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 10, 2012

Arn i got a U3 copy and when I updated the disc I got the spinning ring only, I erase the Utility data of U3 and stated again it told me to update and I cancel and it let me play the game, but not online any suggestions

P.S. I tried doing what you recomended (insert U2 erase utility data etc..but it didn't work)

Message 63 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/21/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 10, 2012

well it's been about 4 weeks since i originally posted..and wrote to Arne ...with no reply. i've tried uninstalling everything, running the ps3 in safe mode..and everything else i could think of.... nothing works. thanks for just ignoring this problem naughty dog. you have my money..why would you care? i'll be sure to run out and buy everything you release!

Message 64 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/10/2010
Offline
87 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 10, 2012

yep same here no answer. uc3 will not show up on the xmb and all of my other games work just fine.

  I   have run the reformat in service mode and have done all of the delete game utilty things and no go.

it's just click click and eject sound the nothing disk just will not read correctly in this slim model?

Message 65 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/10/2010
Offline
87 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 11, 2012

Ok guys I was just thinking and I had a thought. I have never used my ps3 to play blue ray movies.

   So I tried and guess what it does the exact same thing as my UC3 disk. don't show up and makes the same loadig sounds. so hope someone can help now and at least it give us something to try and see.

      now what?

Message 66 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 11, 2012

jleviathan wrote:

Ok guys I was just thinking and I had a thought. I have never used my ps3 to play blue ray movies.

   So I tried and guess what it does the exact same thing as my UC3 disk. don't show up and makes the same loadig sounds. so hope someone can help now and at least it give us something to try and see.

      now what?

Your Blu-Ray lens is probably broken. Sorry about that.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 67 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/09/2011
Offline
53 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 11, 2012

And how does that agree with that all other games work for him?

It does not add up.

tapantaola wrote:

jleviathan wrote:

Ok guys I was just thinking and I had a thought. I have never used my ps3 to play blue ray movies.

   So I tried and guess what it does the exact same thing as my UC3 disk. don't show up and makes the same loadig sounds. so hope someone can help now and at least it give us something to try and see.

      now what?

Your Blu-Ray lens is probably broken. Sorry about that.

Message 68 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/10/2010
Offline
87 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 11, 2012

yes I don't understand why the games work and the movies don't

   if lens was broken wouldn't any of them work?

Message 69 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 11, 2012

LariosoDog wrote:

And how does that agree with that all other games work for him?

It does not add up.

tapantaola wrote:

jleviathan wrote:

Ok guys I was just thinking and I had a thought. I have never used my ps3 to play blue ray movies.

   So I tried and guess what it does the exact same thing as my UC3 disk. don't show up and makes the same loadig sounds. so hope someone can help now and at least it give us something to try and see.

      now what?

Your Blu-Ray lens is probably broken. Sorry about that.

Maybe the lens can't read dual-layer discs anymore?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 70 of 381 (755 Views)
Reply
0 Likes