Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 31 2013
By: SjShane Fender Bender 2139 posts

Power Weapons in Elimination (Just remove them already)

24 replies 318 views Edited Dec 31, 2012
I already know there's one or two threads about this, but since ND said they were willing to remove them if there were more complaints, and it would be almost as easy as a flick of a button to do so, another thread won't hurt.

Elimination has always been one of my favorite modes, it requires smart thinking throughout the entire match, one slip up could cost you the whole game...

...Until someone picks up the power weapon placed on every map, with a weapon that kills in an instant, and usually enough ammo to take out the entire opposing team, it takes very little effort to win a game by doing this. Every kill they get, they grow stronger and stronger due to the other team not respawning, so there are less chances of being taken down by multiple players. Then once the round is over, rinse and repeat, as the power weapon will return and it will start all over again. At times I've just wasted the ammo if I've had the chance to pick one up, (sometimes having to take out the power hunters while doing so), but for the most part I prefer to just stay away from them as it really ruins the fun in this game mode, and running directly into a player with a terrible connection isn't very tactical and is almost guaranteed suicide, as I've been trying out lately.

With such a small player pool in this mode (and the whole game), the lag sometimes makes the power weapons turn into unavoidable death machines, I've been shot through walls with the T-Bolt, been killed by one SAS shot at mid-long range, seen Pistole with a "RoF mod" and had Hammer kill me with one shell. Not very fun or skillful...

Another issue, is that some power weapons spawn closer to certain teams. Here's a few I noticed:

London Underground - Villians get T-Bolt
Syria - Villians get RPG
Facility - Heroes get SAS (wouldn't be this way every time if the hanging conveyor belts hadn't been removed)
Chateau - Heroes get Mag
Museum -Villians get SAS
Highrise - Villians get Pistole (if they know the shortcut)

I haven't played enough of the DDMP in this mode to know how the spawns work on those maps, but the FBMP's seem pretty fair.

And while this thread is mostly about Elimination, I do want to mention that handing out one power weapon to one player in FFA is pretty **bleep** stupid, however I do find it easier as I can respawn, know their rough whereabouts, and catch the player off guard, but they really have to be removed too.
Pepsi
Message 1 of 25 (318 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Power Weapons in Elimination (Just remove them already)

Dec 31, 2012

Agreed, Not a huge fan of Elim but i might start playing if power weapons were removed.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 2 of 25 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Same. Seriously if you land at least 5 shots with the PWs...
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 3 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
555 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I think Museum got the SAS, I don't remember, but yes to all, PW should be remove from a mode that gives you one life.

I like cats :3

Message 4 of 25 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I got all the Elim treasures so I don't have any reason to still play it, but I agree nonetheless. First team to get the SAS usually wins.

Message 5 of 25 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I don't mind power weapons and sometimes it's fair to hoard them (i.e. lone wolf VS party of 5).

Either way, I don't think that Elimination as a separate playlist can increase its player pool.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 25 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Dec 31, 2012

get rid of them in plunder too

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 7 of 25 (221 Views)
Fender Bender
2139 posts

Dec 31, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

I don't mind power weapons and sometimes it's fair to hoard them (i.e. lone wolf VS party of 5).

Either way, I don't think that Elimination as a separate playlist can increase its player pool.

I agree that it would be fair if you were going up against a part of five, but chances are, they will probably get to it first anyway. Whenever I've played a party, there will usually be 3+ players covering the area to make sure they are the ones who grab it. You're right however that this will not increase it's player pool, in fact, it would probably decrease it. But it's currently filled with some of the worse lag anyway, and the power weapons just make it completely skill less, so it could really only improve the quality of the mode. There is also the option to go UC2 style and place power weapons all over the maps so every player can get instant kills, but that wasn't enjoyed by many people including myself, but it was better than what we currently have now.
Pepsi
Message 8 of 25 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 31, 2012

SjShane wrote:
There is also the option to go UC2 style and place power weapons all over the maps so every player can get instant kills, but that wasn't enjoyed by many people including myself, but it was better than what we currently have now.

UC2 style would be better?! UC3 Elimination has ONE power weapon per map only, so it's better/more fair IMHO.

I don't mind it if they remove them (although it could potentially increase camping), but I also don't mind the current layout. I got all my treasures and I rarely play this mode anymore.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 9 of 25 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Dec 31, 2012

SjShane wrote:
I already know there's one or two threads about this, but since ND said they were willing to remove them if there were more complaints, and it would be almost as easy as a flick of a button to do so, another thread won't hurt.

Elimination has always been one of my favorite modes, it requires smart thinking throughout the entire match, one slip up could cost you the whole game...

...Until someone picks up the power weapon placed on every map, with a weapon that kills in an instant, and usually enough ammo to take out the entire opposing team, it takes very little effort to win a game by doing this. Every kill they get, they grow stronger and stronger due to the other team not respawning, so there are less chances of being taken down by multiple players. Then once the round is over, rinse and repeat, as the power weapon will return and it will start all over again. At times I've just wasted the ammo if I've had the chance to pick one up, (sometimes having to take out the power hunters while doing so), but for the most part I prefer to just stay away from them as it really ruins the fun in this game mode, and running directly into a player with a terrible connection isn't very tactical and is almost guaranteed suicide, as I've been trying out lately.

With such a small player pool in this mode (and the whole game), the lag sometimes makes the power weapons turn into unavoidable death machines, I've been shot through walls with the T-Bolt, been killed by one SAS shot at mid-long range, seen Pistole with a "RoF mod" and had Hammer kill me with one shell. Not very fun or skillful...

Another issue, is that some power weapons spawn closer to certain teams. Here's a few I noticed:

London Underground - Villians get T-Bolt
Syria - Villians get RPG
Facility - Heroes get SAS (wouldn't be this way every time if the hanging conveyor belts hadn't been removed)
Chateau - Heroes get Mag
Museum -Villians get SAS
Highrise - Villians get Pistole (if they know the shortcut)

I haven't played enough of the DDMP in this mode to know how the spawns work on those maps, but the FBMP's seem pretty fair.

And while this thread is mostly about Elimination, I do want to mention that handing out one power weapon to one player in FFA is pretty **bleep** stupid, however I do find it easier as I can respawn, know their rough whereabouts, and catch the player off guard, but they really have to be removed too.

for once on here something i agree with, the remove blindfire threads are old, but i hate power weapons in elimination as it cheapens the mode to the point of not playing.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 10 of 25 (175 Views)
0 Likes