Oct 10 2013
By: thegoon59 Lombax Warrior 182 posts

Problems with team objective/dlc's

12 replies 1330 views Edited Oct 10, 2013
Im a hardcore team objective player. Its my playlidt of choic but theres a lot of problem with it(problems that have existed since lauch of uc3). They are as follows:

Why is it that chain reaction has no points associated with capturing territorries? Points should be awarded so more ppl are motivated to capture areas.

There are 5 players in a team...why cant evety player in a team be marked in circulation? Currently, the player on the bottom of the scoreboard will be marked 3times in a row which is b.s.

Why is team deathmatch still in the team objective playlist as a TIE-BREAKER???? Team obj. is based on a team winning 3rounds and there are 5 differenr modes in team objective....cant u just cycle those 5 modes about?

And a new system needs to be adopted to award players who contribut towards teamwork(which is essential towards winning am objective based gameplay).

Anyway..dunno if ive missed some issues. Naughtdog abandoned theyre monthly Q&A session agessss ago. But hopefully(???) Theyll see this thread and improve in future game(s).

P.S. its my third time posting on this forum and this is through my mobile and im quite intoxicated so bear with me lol
Message 1 of 13 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Re: Problems with team objective/dlc's

Oct 10, 2013
Also...i have FBMP1 FBMP2 and DDMP...so is it a good idea to have dlc on or off....it alreadt takes a hell of a time to find players and the lag is unberable but its still my multiplayer of choice
Message 2 of 13 (1,326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Oct 10, 2013
If youre an objective based player pls post your responses here...id like to hear your guys' opinions
Message 3 of 13 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 10, 2013
Well, I was under the assumption that Marked Men are always the third player. Any lower and you'd lose too much, and any higher your man won't die
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 13 (1,317 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 10, 2013

I agree with the TDM thing, ever since they patched that in... terrible choice...

Message 5 of 13 (1,297 Views)
Fender Bender
3390 posts

Oct 11, 2013
I just love it when chain reactions a tie, 1 team (say the heroes) win the next 2 rounds, the villains win the 4th (2-1) and as deathmatch approaches you say wait if we lose the heroes win, buy if we win this it's a tie. Wow well **bleep** where's the tie breaker, as a team we have more objective points, so we should win by default.
Message 6 of 13 (1,279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3302 posts

Oct 11, 2013

ND still does the monthly Q&A, they are supporting two games now so it's posted in the general section.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Naughty-Dog-General-Discussion/Q-amp-A-with-the-Naughty-Dog-D...

Message 7 of 13 (1,274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Oct 11, 2013
Hmmm.....the last Q&A they did(as far as i know was in march or april). I was gona ask these questions but after 2 years of launch date i think ND gave up on issues that isnt statightforward. Hopefully..when they(if?) Do learn from current issues they should take positive feedback from it
Message 8 of 13 (1,266 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Oct 11, 2013

I appreciate your frustration with TO and agree with most points.  However, I think there’s only so much ND can do to promote team cooperation…idjits and tryhards always seem to find a way to work around teamwork incentives.

In my book however, Marked Man is a particular sore point.  I have a friend that is marked very often when we play together.  It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say she’s marked about 75% of the time (the 3rd player curse?) and I seem to recall a match where she was marked 5 times in a row.  TheStuntDouble has a good point about balancing the “power play” so that it’s neither too easy nor too hard but even though kills/deaths no longer “count”, it’s still frustrating to have everyone on the opposing team out for you blood, die and then respawn again as the Marked Man – let alone multiple times.

Personally, I’d like to see a system where you could NEVER be marked twice in a row but even a chance that it could be someone other than the 3rd place player would be better than the current system.

Message 9 of 13 (1,259 Views)
Sackboy
347 posts

Oct 15, 2013

Marked Man should cycle through all the players. It's fair, and not complete BS with the way it is right now. Can't even count the number of times when the same person gets marked over and over again (usually, they are new players who are clueless and always run around in the open in the middle of gun fights..). It's incredibly frustrating since I hardly get marked. I LOVE getting marked, but since I always go for the objective, I never have a chance of getting marked. Every time Marked Man appears I can usually tell who's going to take the round especially if I'm facing another party because more than likely it'll be some F2P/low-skilled player getting constantly marked. You should get points for defending the marked man too, since that is promoting good team work. 

TDM for the tie breaker is still stupid. It didn't belong in round 3 before they patched it and it doesn't belong as the tie breaker, period. It has no place in TO, and everyone knows it.

Chain Reaction wouldn't be as bad if your character of choice or the announcer lady told you to go capture the other zones. If your character/announcer lady would say stuff like, "Capture the other zones!" or something, maybe it would get the message across to players who are clueless of what to do. I agree about there being no incentive since you don't get points. I think that's dumb too, but it doesn't bother me that much. However, adding points would give players more of a reason to go and try to nab all zones. 

Treasure Hunter is fine for the most part IMO...but you should get points for Protectorate medals and defending the person carrying the idol. Again, rewarding points for good team work should be the standard in this mode. It would drastically improve it. I've seen players kill each other to try and boost points, so maybe this could decrease that type of awful behavior. 

Turf War....all I'll say is that the people that go and recapture the turfs should be rewarded for their efforts and people that just camp in one when there are others that need to be captured are the worst of the worst. 

Message 10 of 13 (1,229 Views)
0 Likes