Sep 24 2012
By: neverbelow Treasure Hunter 6514 posts

Proposed Blindfire Solution

68 replies 415 views Edited Sep 24, 2012
I have an idea that I think will solve th blindside issue. I think the guns are all balanced (minus the RoF and the gmail kinda sucking the majority of the time now).We just need to make blindfire less useful. Hence the following idea:

Reduce movement speed while blindfiring by 1/3. This way it is still useful in very close quarters but but gives you a disadvantage, too. Also, we'll still have a counter to the "wack and roll" technique so that will be balanced, too.
Message 1 of 69 (415 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Re: Proposed Blindfire Solution

Sep 24, 2012
Thoughts? Ideas? Something needs to be done to improve the situation. This what I believe will work.
Message 2 of 69 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Speaking about blindfire accuracy, the para's is better than a micro in close range. Was this done on purpose?

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 3 of 69 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Sleep Matt signature
Message 4 of 69 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Depends on the para, actually. Also, depends on the micro.
Message 5 of 69 (401 Views)
Wastelander
650 posts

Sep 24, 2012

To me, it seems that Sully's arm micro is as equal to a para without a blindfire acc mod. Anything like the Jade/Marlowe's para is much better at CQC than Sully's arm micro.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 6 of 69 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I don't think a movement reductiin is fair. But I do think something needs to be done. Maybe just a generic blindfire accuracy nerf across the board. Maybe a severe stopping power nerf when blindfiring.
Message 7 of 69 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Sep 24, 2012

neverbelow wrote:
I have an idea that I think will solve th blindside issue. I think the guns are all balanced (minus the RoF and the gmail kinda sucking the majority of the time now).We just need to make blindfire less useful. Hence the following idea:

Reduce movement speed while blindfiring by 1/3. This way it is still useful in very close quarters but but gives you a disadvantage, too. Also, we'll still have a counter to the "wack and roll" technique so that will be balanced, too.

Or, orrrrr, and I mean this is crazy so bear with me, we could remove the auto-lockon so that it required some actual aiming.  Insane I know but please just consider it.Smiley Tongue

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 8 of 69 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Sep 24, 2012

So that'd be like real life, and most other shooters out there. Sounds interesting, although it'd change gameplay significantly. In that case, I think I'd rather just have movement reduced.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 9 of 69 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Blitz, why don't you think it's fair? You move slower while aiming with L1, why not blindfire?

Lab, because there wouldn't be an effective counter to the wack and roll. Also, it would give certain areas on the map a big advantage when camping.
Message 10 of 69 (368 Views)
0 Likes