Nov 01 2012
By: AARON_HARROP First Son 28 posts
Accepted Solution

Put Gmal accuracy back up

54 replies 412 views Edited Nov 1, 2012

hey so i wan everyones opinion on what u thinked about uncharted nurfing the gmal thanks

Message 1 of 55 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 1, 2012
I think the stopping power nerf was acceptable. I think the aim assist nerf was acceptable I don't like the recoil nerf though.
Do you feel me?

Message 2 of 55 (406 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Having the recoil increased wasn't the solution we were looking for, but I don't have a problem with that, but having to play with a weapon that doesn't have too much power to stop the people blindfiring me, not having aim asisst and increased recoil is too much for me. I could be using the GMAL, but why should I do that? I could use Talbot's FAL-SS or Eddy's AK instead. 

0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6714 posts

Nov 1, 2012

its fine, I will admit I was never a fan of the G-mal but I did use it from time to time. The accuracy on that thing was crazy, it literally stuck to the enemy until they died no matter what range you were at.

I always saw it as a problem that the G-mal was a better sniper than the Dragon. Now that isn't a problem, and with a bit of practice (or slapping on the Acc mod) you can still use the gun to its fullest.

Feet
Message 4 of 55 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Nov 1, 2012
The new gmal is easier to use if u like to snipe ppl a lot, its very similar imo. The stopping fire reduction was great, but removing the auto-aim was even better. The recoil isn't really noticable, i think most players are complaining because they relied on the auto-aim to get easy kills for them and blame the recoil on their lack of aiming. Its much easier to hit mobile targets with the gmal now. The only major drawback on the 1.13 patch was the effect that it had on the fal. its still a great gun ti use, but its far more difficult to hit mobile players or laggy foreigners. It takes many more bullets to kill some ppl now. Its like the hit detection is inconsistent with this gun allowing some players to take 8 bullets to the body or 6 with 4 headshots included. If i use the gmal after using the fal, i cant believe how much easier it is to use. Use the m9 after the gmal or fal and its like getting free kills, it really feels that easier. The real nerfs needed to all the guns is blindfire and removal of the awful auto-aim.

The gmal is FINE!! Its far more difficult to use the dragon or fal yet you rarely see players complaining since they actually have to aim.

Huge respect for the snipers putting up with the sticky assist and actually aiming in a fame where its a disadvantage.
Message 5 of 55 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

Easy kills as opposed to a guy with M9 RoF 5 feet away from you not even aiming? PFFT. The only people that agree with these nerfs are people who were getting smoked by these guns. People move so fast in this game that without any aim assist really the gun is almost useless against people who know what to do. Sure, you'll get some kills with it and if you are some kind of elite user who spends 5 hours day playing this you MIGHT succeed past the other dudes in the game but that is such a small part of evrything that is doesn't matter. The gun was simply overnerfed because of all the crying on the forums by people who don't use it.

But I am used to this. This whole fanbase is a bunch of tweeny whiners who always get their way and they have since U2 1.05 where ND destroyed their series. They said they would not do it again but it seems to me they are trying their very best to do everything wrong. I like their DLC maps but it just gets old when a dev has to appease whiners and doesn't really even play their own game enough to balance it correctly.

The FAL SS also sucks a bit and was overnerfed imo. Instead of drastic changes these guns needed slight changes as is barely anything done to them. Too often devs just seem to have no clue how their changes affect the entire game balance. It pretty much comes down is there a lot of whining on the forums? Well, what do they want?

Message 6 of 55 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 1, 2012
To be honest, there's a lot more people that are more **bleep** than you.

They're called Co-op fans.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 7 of 55 (331 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Well, not **bleep** in a way where they swear a lot. Just enough to make a few hate threads concerning ND announcing that they completely do not care for Co-op
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 55 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Make the G-MAL an automatic kill weapon again? NO! What's with all of these G-MAL threads? We don't need another broken weapon or someone with a broken spell checker telling ND to bring back the old G-MAL.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - hoopblaze
Message 9 of 55 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Go back to the M9 RoF then where 90% of the userbase subsides. Your own **** is broken but you wouldn't know that. GMAL is basically broken at this point in time.

Bring back hardcore and people wouldn't whine so much but they took that out to to make more room for what the noobs and cheesers want.

Message 10 of 55 (297 Views)