Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

SpaceNun wrote:

I'm going to have to put a little more time, whatever I can muster, into the FAL but it will not be easy because my boosters sucks balls at the moment and I seem to matched up with a lot of top level players when I play DLC which is where my favorite maps are.

Also, I am using the Talbot one. Should I be using something else?

Jade Para 9 (or Talbot's Micro) and you're set. 

Message 31 of 55 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

I have been doing a bit better with it but it is really inconsistent for me. Seems lag and some of the small maps are just really hard to work out. I am getting melee'd and blindfired when I clearly am shooting the guy no stop 10 feet away. It is really pretty hard to continue through this tbh. I can't really do more than a couple matches at a time. This is so far away from U2 1.04 and below for me that I think it's almost insane. I could play that game for hours straight.

Message 32 of 55 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Try Talbot's FAL + Talbot's Micro + Cloaked. Should work fine.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 33 of 55 (187 Views)
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Nov 2, 2012

AIm Assist and Stopping Power nerfs were needed. The recoil nerf not so much, it's a long range gun, heck my Para-9 is more reliable for long ranges now.

Message 34 of 55 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

Here's a kudos for something or other bones. I have no idea what you are talking about. You misinterpreted my post above as not knowing about the Gmal nerf threads which were rampant for months. I said you misunderstood my post and that is as far as you were concerned in my post. I ddin't say anything about you after that.

A legacy 5 plus guy has more than likely spent a hundred hours with each major gun lol. You have what how many hundreds or thousands of hours in this game? I'm sure you can use just about everything? That really isn't the point though I really doubt you can work every M9 user you come across using the Gmal anymore. Fact is m9 is by far the most used weapon in the game for a variety of reasons. 80% of my deaths are due to it. That is something that just cannot be argued over. The gun is just overused and OP with the rate of fire mod. With a little more balancing and reducing lag well maybe the Gmal would be a similar option for people. Not even sure how you can aim the Gmal with all the lag in this game.

Anyway, it don't matter. ND nerfs all the long range non snipers. They always do and I expect them to in their next game. Too many people simply cannot handle being killed by the things. People like me don't like to fight lag and recoil all the time. It's not that I am a bad player I just have better things to do and better games to play. My KDR is still in the 1.7 range or so and that is from an enormous hit in the last week because I don't have any guns or boosters leveled up. Really I can only see it going down though as the lag/melee/BF in this game is comical.

Sorry, but coming from 60fps clean multiplayer this game is a chore and a half and the FOV is ****ing awful like just about every console game out there. Doesn't really matter as I said. I have no intention of devoting much time here unless things change and I hope they do at least a tiny bit. If nothing else just change the M9 a little more and maybe the slightest bit less recoil on the FAL or Gmal and I would be fine. Others would probably use these guns more often as well.

Message 35 of 55 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7110 posts

Nov 2, 2012

so you expect that every legacy 5 player has spent over hundred hours with each long gun? which is 600 hours by the way and that they have thousands of hrs devoted to this game which is actually an insane amount.

It sounds like you are complaining because the G-mal isn't super easy to use anymore, like it was before it took a bunch of nerfs. The reason it took those nerfs was because it was a level 1 gun that was accesible to every single person and its advantages were insane stopping power, no recoil, and great at all ranges. Not to mention it was so easy to use which made it OP since you didn't have to get good with the gun to do well with it.

Now its changed where it is still deadly in the trained hands. Yea I agree that the M9 is overused and I have it in 1 of 4 of my loadouts, but thats because it is decent in all aspects as opposed to being great in any. A better KAL user can beat an M9 at close range, a better G-mal user can beat an M9 at mid-long range, a better AK user can beat an M9 at med range, and a better FAL user can beat an M9 at long range.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 36 of 55 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Nov 3, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

so you expect that every legacy 5 player has spent over hundred hours with each long gun? which is 600 hours by the way and that they have thousands of hrs devoted to this game which is actually an insane amount.

It sounds like you are complaining because the G-mal isn't super easy to use anymore, like it was before it took a bunch of nerfs. The reason it took those nerfs was because it was a level 1 gun that was accesible to every single person and its advantages were insane stopping power, no recoil, and great at all ranges. Not to mention it was so easy to use which made it OP since you didn't have to get good with the gun to do well with it.

Now its changed where it is still deadly in the trained hands. Yea I agree that the M9 is overused and I have it in 1 of 4 of my loadouts, but thats because it is decent in all aspects as opposed to being great in any. A better KAL user can beat an M9 at close range, a better G-mal user can beat an M9 at mid-long range, a better AK user can beat an M9 at med range, and a better FAL user can beat an M9 at long range.

I still don't get why people say it's deadly in the trained hands or with the right player.

Truth is, There must be a lot of talentless saps out there because I've not been killed by it more than 30 times after the nerf, nor have i ever seen it more than 20 times.

That is excluding co-op. No one uses the G-MAL, it's dead and redundant.

Message 37 of 55 (118 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 3, 2012
I can't say much about the G-MAL besides being sorry about getting over-nerfed. Either that or every single G-MAL user I've run into is a moron.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 38 of 55 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I still don't get why people say it's deadly in the trained hands or with the right player.

Truth is, There must be a lot of talentless saps out there because I've not been killed by it more than 30 times after the nerf, nor have i ever seen it more than 20 times.

I've been killed by G-mal a couple of times after the nerf and I also killed with G-mal after the nerf, so I can say that it's still usable. I don't know why people are complaining so much about the nerf. Of course, before it was too easy to use the G-mal, you didn't need skill or anything, was just point and shoot. Now it does takes you something other than point and shoot to get the kill. It's so much better!

Only those who practice with the gun can handle it. It won't work with the noobs like it was before! To be honest I saw A LOT of people using G-mal with Scoped In booster and they played really well. So, my opinion is that still works fine.

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 39 of 55 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I've been killed by G-mal a couple of times after the nerf and I also killed with G-mal after the nerf, so I can say that it's still usable. I don't know why people are complaining so much about the nerf. Of course, before it was too easy to use the G-mal, you didn't need skill or anything, was just point and shoot. Now it does takes you something other than point and shoot to get the kill. It's so much better!

Only those who practice with the gun can handle it. It won't work with the noobs like it was before! To be honest I saw A LOT of people using G-mal with Scoped In booster and they played really well. So, my opinion is that still works fine.

It doesn't bother me as much as it appears really. Just before they nerfed it I had switched to the M9 anyway, and recently moved to the AK too.

The part that bothers me is this:

If for some reason someone votes Museum... I'd used to always switch to the G-MAL. Okay I see Dragon users, no problem. I'll outstrafe them with the G-MAL.

You can't really do that anymore. The recoil is way too bad for a long distance battle. If you were using the G-MAL as a short range weapon it wont make much difference at all.

But now the situation is G-MAL vs Dragon, Dragon always wins.

Note, when I used the G-MAL I never really used the zoom feature so I didn't ever get that lockon. The other changes are the problem which make it un-usable as a long range weapon.

Every weapon has an alternative.

AK / M9

Dragon / G-MAL / FAL-SS

M9 / KAL 7

Now. The short range AK and M9 battles can continue.

The M9 vs KAL 7 hipfire battles can continue.

Dragon vs G-MAL vs FAL-SS long range battles are dead because the alternatives got killed for long range users leaving one superior weapon standing tall above all.

But whatever. I'll just use the Dragon, no problem. I just find it immensely stupid that the alternatives were taken away from those who may not be fortunate enough to be able to adapt to a different weapon.

Message 40 of 55 (100 Views)