Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
793 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 3, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

so you expect that every legacy 5 player has spent over hundred hours with each long gun? which is 600 hours by the way and that they have thousands of hrs devoted to this game which is actually an insane amount.

 

It sounds like you are complaining because the G-mal isn't super easy to use anymore, like it was before it took a bunch of nerfs. The reason it took those nerfs was because it was a level 1 gun that was accesible to every single person and its advantages were insane stopping power, no recoil, and great at all ranges. Not to mention it was so easy to use which made it OP since you didn't have to get good with the gun to do well with it.

 

Now its changed where it is still deadly in the trained hands. Yea I agree that the M9 is overused and I have it in 1 of 4 of my loadouts, but thats because it is decent in all aspects as opposed to being great in any. A better KAL user can beat an M9 at close range, a better G-mal user can beat an M9 at mid-long range, a better AK user can beat an M9 at med range, and a better FAL user can beat an M9 at long range.


I still don't get why people say it's deadly in the trained hands or with the right player.

 

Truth is, There must be a lot of talentless saps out there because I've not been killed by it more than 30 times after the nerf, nor have i ever seen it more than 20 times.

 

That is excluding co-op. No one uses the G-MAL, it's dead and redundant.

 


I've been killed by G-mal a couple of times after the nerf and I also killed with G-mal after the nerf, so I can say that it's still usable. I don't know why people are complaining so much about the nerf. Of course, before it was too easy to use the G-mal, you didn't need skill or anything, was just point and shoot. Now it does takes you something other than point and shoot to get the kill. It's so much better!

 

Only those who practice with the gun can handle it. It won't work with the noobs like it was before! To be honest I saw A LOT of people using G-mal with Scoped In booster and they played really well. So, my opinion is that still works fine.


It doesn't bother me as much as it appears really. Just before they nerfed it I had switched to the M9 anyway, and recently moved to the AK too.

 

The part that bothers me is this:

 

If for some reason someone votes Museum... I'd used to always switch to the G-MAL. Okay I see Dragon users, no problem. I'll outstrafe them with the G-MAL.

 

You can't really do that anymore. The recoil is way too bad for a long distance battle. If you were using the G-MAL as a short range weapon it wont make much difference at all.

 

But now the situation is G-MAL vs Dragon, Dragon always wins.

 

Note, when I used the G-MAL I never really used the zoom feature so I didn't ever get that lockon. The other changes are the problem which make it un-usable as a long range weapon.

 

Every weapon has an alternative.

 

AK / M9

Dragon / G-MAL / FAL-SS

M9 / KAL 7

 

Now. The short range AK and M9 battles can continue.

 

The M9 vs KAL 7 hipfire battles can continue.

 

Dragon vs G-MAL vs FAL-SS long range battles are dead because the alternatives got killed for long range users leaving one superior weapon standing tall above all.

 

But whatever. I'll just use the Dragon, no problem. I just find it immensely stupid that the alternatives were taken away from those who may not be fortunate enough to be able to adapt to a different weapon.


Oh I see your point now! I do have to agree that now a battle between G-mal X Dragon Sniper the sniper completely takes it all.

 

Just like you, when I heard about the nerf that was going to happen with patch 1.13 I switched to the M9 and AK, and I'm still using both weapons. Sometimes I pick G-mal, sometimes I pick the Sniper (even though I suck with it), but what irritates me are those who think that G-mal was the only weapon worth using, those who can't adapt to other weapons like you said. I didn't cry about the nerf like I've seen a lot people do.

 

We all had to take that, so why it's so hard for those people? Why can't they find another weapon of choice. If you suck then practice more and more.

 

I'm sorry but that annoys me a lot. 

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 41 of 55 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10072 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 3, 2012
Problem is, not all weapons are for everyone. Not everyone can do what most people can. I for one always went with either Dragon or M9, except for the time I was using the Talbot loadout because "Stealth buddy is so cool".
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 42 of 55 (79 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/20/2012
Offline
1018 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 3, 2012
If you think Gmal
You haven't seen me with GMAL
Scoped In/Fleet Floot
Team Safe/Bargain
Message 43 of 55 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
793 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 3, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Problem is, not all weapons are for everyone. Not everyone can do what most people can. I for one always went with either Dragon or M9, except for the time I was using the Talbot loadout because "Stealth buddy is so cool".

Ok, but if people can't handle weapons like AK or M9, why they're playing Uncharted for a start? Even if you wanna leave M9 out it's ok but the AK it's a basic weapon...

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 44 of 55 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10072 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 3, 2012
So is the G-MAL, lucas. You're forgetting we start with TWO long guns, not one.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 45 of 55 (68 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13429 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 3, 2012

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

so you expect that every legacy 5 player has spent over hundred hours with each long gun? which is 600 hours by the way and that they have thousands of hrs devoted to this game which is actually an insane amount.

 

It sounds like you are complaining because the G-mal isn't super easy to use anymore, like it was before it took a bunch of nerfs. The reason it took those nerfs was because it was a level 1 gun that was accesible to every single person and its advantages were insane stopping power, no recoil, and great at all ranges. Not to mention it was so easy to use which made it OP since you didn't have to get good with the gun to do well with it.

 

Now its changed where it is still deadly in the trained hands. Yea I agree that the M9 is overused and I have it in 1 of 4 of my loadouts, but thats because it is decent in all aspects as opposed to being great in any. A better KAL user can beat an M9 at close range, a better G-mal user can beat an M9 at mid-long range, a better AK user can beat an M9 at med range, and a better FAL user can beat an M9 at long range.


I still don't get why people say it's deadly in the trained hands or with the right player.

 

Truth is, There must be a lot of talentless saps out there because I've not been killed by it more than 30 times after the nerf, nor have i ever seen it more than 20 times.

 

That is excluding co-op. No one uses the G-MAL, it's dead and redundant.

 


I've been killed by G-mal a couple of times after the nerf and I also killed with G-mal after the nerf, so I can say that it's still usable. I don't know why people are complaining so much about the nerf. Of course, before it was too easy to use the G-mal, you didn't need skill or anything, was just point and shoot. Now it does takes you something other than point and shoot to get the kill. It's so much better!

 

Only those who practice with the gun can handle it. It won't work with the noobs like it was before! To be honest I saw A LOT of people using G-mal with Scoped In booster and they played really well. So, my opinion is that still works fine.


It doesn't bother me as much as it appears really. Just before they nerfed it I had switched to the M9 anyway, and recently moved to the AK too.

 

The part that bothers me is this:

 

If for some reason someone votes Museum... I'd used to always switch to the G-MAL. Okay I see Dragon users, no problem. I'll outstrafe them with the G-MAL.

 

You can't really do that anymore. The recoil is way too bad for a long distance battle. If you were using the G-MAL as a short range weapon it wont make much difference at all.

 

But now the situation is G-MAL vs Dragon, Dragon always wins.

 

Note, when I used the G-MAL I never really used the zoom feature so I didn't ever get that lockon. The other changes are the problem which make it un-usable as a long range weapon.

 

Every weapon has an alternative.

 

AK / M9

Dragon / G-MAL / FAL-SS

M9 / KAL 7

 

Now. The short range AK and M9 battles can continue.

 

The M9 vs KAL 7 hipfire battles can continue.

 

Dragon vs G-MAL vs FAL-SS long range battles are dead because the alternatives got killed for long range users leaving one superior weapon standing tall above all.

 

But whatever. I'll just use the Dragon, no problem. I just find it immensely stupid that the alternatives were taken away from those who may not be fortunate enough to be able to adapt to a different weapon.


Oh I see your point now! I do have to agree that now a battle between G-mal X Dragon Sniper the sniper completely takes it all.

 

Just like you, when I heard about the nerf that was going to happen with patch 1.13 I switched to the M9 and AK, and I'm still using both weapons. Sometimes I pick G-mal, sometimes I pick the Sniper (even though I suck with it), but what irritates me are those who think that G-mal was the only weapon worth using, those who can't adapt to other weapons like you said. I didn't cry about the nerf like I've seen a lot people do.

 

We all had to take that, so why it's so hard for those people? Why can't they find another weapon of choice. If you suck then practice more and more.

 

I'm sorry but that annoys me a lot. 


Not everyone can adapt and there are reasons for that.

 

Not every weapon has the same feel. The M9 feels nice, the AK feels lazy and inconsistent but it works better in some situations. - I have a preference from the two being the M9. feels more steady.

 

Hell there is no way on this planet I could adapt to the G-MAL and I'm actually pretty good at most things I do. I couldn't ever imagine being able to use that mess and why would I when the Dragon does the G-MAL's job much better?

 

 

 



Message 46 of 55 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
793 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 3, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

so you expect that every legacy 5 player has spent over hundred hours with each long gun? which is 600 hours by the way and that they have thousands of hrs devoted to this game which is actually an insane amount.

 

It sounds like you are complaining because the G-mal isn't super easy to use anymore, like it was before it took a bunch of nerfs. The reason it took those nerfs was because it was a level 1 gun that was accesible to every single person and its advantages were insane stopping power, no recoil, and great at all ranges. Not to mention it was so easy to use which made it OP since you didn't have to get good with the gun to do well with it.

 

Now its changed where it is still deadly in the trained hands. Yea I agree that the M9 is overused and I have it in 1 of 4 of my loadouts, but thats because it is decent in all aspects as opposed to being great in any. A better KAL user can beat an M9 at close range, a better G-mal user can beat an M9 at mid-long range, a better AK user can beat an M9 at med range, and a better FAL user can beat an M9 at long range.


I still don't get why people say it's deadly in the trained hands or with the right player.

 

Truth is, There must be a lot of talentless saps out there because I've not been killed by it more than 30 times after the nerf, nor have i ever seen it more than 20 times.

 

That is excluding co-op. No one uses the G-MAL, it's dead and redundant.

 


I've been killed by G-mal a couple of times after the nerf and I also killed with G-mal after the nerf, so I can say that it's still usable. I don't know why people are complaining so much about the nerf. Of course, before it was too easy to use the G-mal, you didn't need skill or anything, was just point and shoot. Now it does takes you something other than point and shoot to get the kill. It's so much better!

 

Only those who practice with the gun can handle it. It won't work with the noobs like it was before! To be honest I saw A LOT of people using G-mal with Scoped In booster and they played really well. So, my opinion is that still works fine.


It doesn't bother me as much as it appears really. Just before they nerfed it I had switched to the M9 anyway, and recently moved to the AK too.

 

The part that bothers me is this:

 

If for some reason someone votes Museum... I'd used to always switch to the G-MAL. Okay I see Dragon users, no problem. I'll outstrafe them with the G-MAL.

 

You can't really do that anymore. The recoil is way too bad for a long distance battle. If you were using the G-MAL as a short range weapon it wont make much difference at all.

 

But now the situation is G-MAL vs Dragon, Dragon always wins.

 

Note, when I used the G-MAL I never really used the zoom feature so I didn't ever get that lockon. The other changes are the problem which make it un-usable as a long range weapon.

 

Every weapon has an alternative.

 

AK / M9

Dragon / G-MAL / FAL-SS

M9 / KAL 7

 

Now. The short range AK and M9 battles can continue.

 

The M9 vs KAL 7 hipfire battles can continue.

 

Dragon vs G-MAL vs FAL-SS long range battles are dead because the alternatives got killed for long range users leaving one superior weapon standing tall above all.

 

But whatever. I'll just use the Dragon, no problem. I just find it immensely stupid that the alternatives were taken away from those who may not be fortunate enough to be able to adapt to a different weapon.


Oh I see your point now! I do have to agree that now a battle between G-mal X Dragon Sniper the sniper completely takes it all.

 

Just like you, when I heard about the nerf that was going to happen with patch 1.13 I switched to the M9 and AK, and I'm still using both weapons. Sometimes I pick G-mal, sometimes I pick the Sniper (even though I suck with it), but what irritates me are those who think that G-mal was the only weapon worth using, those who can't adapt to other weapons like you said. I didn't cry about the nerf like I've seen a lot people do.

 

We all had to take that, so why it's so hard for those people? Why can't they find another weapon of choice. If you suck then practice more and more.

 

I'm sorry but that annoys me a lot. 


Not everyone can adapt and there are reasons for that.

 

Not every weapon has the same feel. The M9 feels nice, the AK feels lazy and inconsistent but it works better in some situations. - I have a preference from the two being the M9. feels more steady.

 

Hell there is no way on this planet I could adapt to the G-MAL and I'm actually pretty good at most things I do. I couldn't ever imagine being able to use that mess and why would I when the Dragon does the G-MAL's job much better?

 

 

 


Yeah, I would take the Dragon over the G-MAL anytime! 

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 47 of 55 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/08/2012
Offline
560 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 3, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

so you expect that every legacy 5 player has spent over hundred hours with each long gun? which is 600 hours by the way and that they have thousands of hrs devoted to this game which is actually an insane amount.

 

It sounds like you are complaining because the G-mal isn't super easy to use anymore, like it was before it took a bunch of nerfs. The reason it took those nerfs was because it was a level 1 gun that was accesible to every single person and its advantages were insane stopping power, no recoil, and great at all ranges. Not to mention it was so easy to use which made it OP since you didn't have to get good with the gun to do well with it.

 

Now its changed where it is still deadly in the trained hands. Yea I agree that the M9 is overused and I have it in 1 of 4 of my loadouts, but thats because it is decent in all aspects as opposed to being great in any. A better KAL user can beat an M9 at close range, a better G-mal user can beat an M9 at mid-long range, a better AK user can beat an M9 at med range, and a better FAL user can beat an M9 at long range.


I still don't get why people say it's deadly in the trained hands or with the right player.

 

Truth is, There must be a lot of talentless saps out there because I've not been killed by it more than 30 times after the nerf, nor have i ever seen it more than 20 times.

 

That is excluding co-op. No one uses the G-MAL, it's dead and redundant.

 


I've been killed by G-mal a couple of times after the nerf and I also killed with G-mal after the nerf, so I can say that it's still usable. I don't know why people are complaining so much about the nerf. Of course, before it was too easy to use the G-mal, you didn't need skill or anything, was just point and shoot. Now it does takes you something other than point and shoot to get the kill. It's so much better!

 

Only those who practice with the gun can handle it. It won't work with the noobs like it was before! To be honest I saw A LOT of people using G-mal with Scoped In booster and they played really well. So, my opinion is that still works fine.


It doesn't bother me as much as it appears really. Just before they nerfed it I had switched to the M9 anyway, and recently moved to the AK too.

 

The part that bothers me is this:

 

If for some reason someone votes Museum... I'd used to always switch to the G-MAL. Okay I see Dragon users, no problem. I'll outstrafe them with the G-MAL.

 

You can't really do that anymore. The recoil is way too bad for a long distance battle. If you were using the G-MAL as a short range weapon it wont make much difference at all.

 

But now the situation is G-MAL vs Dragon, Dragon always wins.

 

Note, when I used the G-MAL I never really used the zoom feature so I didn't ever get that lockon. The other changes are the problem which make it un-usable as a long range weapon.

 

Every weapon has an alternative.

 

AK / M9

Dragon / G-MAL / FAL-SS

M9 / KAL 7

 

Now. The short range AK and M9 battles can continue.

 

The M9 vs KAL 7 hipfire battles can continue.

 

Dragon vs G-MAL vs FAL-SS long range battles are dead because the alternatives got killed for long range users leaving one superior weapon standing tall above all.

 

But whatever. I'll just use the Dragon, no problem. I just find it immensely stupid that the alternatives were taken away from those who may not be fortunate enough to be able to adapt to a different weapon.


Oh I see your point now! I do have to agree that now a battle between G-mal X Dragon Sniper the sniper completely takes it all.

 

Just like you, when I heard about the nerf that was going to happen with patch 1.13 I switched to the M9 and AK, and I'm still using both weapons. Sometimes I pick G-mal, sometimes I pick the Sniper (even though I suck with it), but what irritates me are those who think that G-mal was the only weapon worth using, those who can't adapt to other weapons like you said. I didn't cry about the nerf like I've seen a lot people do.

 

We all had to take that, so why it's so hard for those people? Why can't they find another weapon of choice. If you suck then practice more and more.

 

I'm sorry but that annoys me a lot. 


Not everyone can adapt and there are reasons for that.

 

Not every weapon has the same feel. The M9 feels nice, the AK feels lazy and inconsistent but it works better in some situations. - I have a preference from the two being the M9. feels more steady.

 

Hell there is no way on this planet I could adapt to the G-MAL and I'm actually pretty good at most things I do. I couldn't ever imagine being able to use that mess and why would I when the Dragon does the G-MAL's job much better?

 

 

 


My Black Ops buddy. =)


Message 48 of 55 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
2248 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

The M9 is basically the only thing that works anymore on the majority of maps for 80% or so of the userbase or even more if you are battling top ranks. I don't even see the GMAL used anymore. Please stop with your straw man arguments. I am well aware the gun needed a small nerf. But this community is ****ing incredibly stupid and wanted the gun basically banned from existence, just as in the U2 FAL, because they were getting their sorry **bleep** BF'ing lag melee **bleep** handed to them. Now they can sit in on the throne again. I for one am done with this **bleep** game if Amazon hadn't messed up my order and given this trash to me free I would have had a brain malfunction.

 

Sorry, but some of us remember a time in U2 when all weapons were balanced and equally deadly in the right hands and many players indeed used them all. Now it's just m9 and melee and blindfire up the wazoo. If this is fun for you great have at it. I can't believe what they have done to this franchise. Thank god their A team is not doing another one for now.

Message 49 of 55 (50 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10072 posts
 

Re: Put Gmal accuracy back up

Nov 3, 2012
For someone done with the game a couple of threads back, you sure still stay in the forums.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 50 of 55 (42 Views)