Message 141 of 230 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: December Edition

Dec 13, 2012

Flatchet wrote:
Well, atleast you hear funny man singing. Smiley Wink

Bro, I live in the Philippines. Every single night I hear drunk people singing.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 142 of 230 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Why dont you sing there or are you drunken all time too Smiley Very Happy
Message 143 of 230 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Dear Eric:

Do you like comic books?

Would you give us some stuff for co-op in exchange for the safe return of your Yankees cap? smile

How far are you on fixing exploitable glitches such as the Airwalk and Dead Body?

What does Cog like to eat? smile

Will we ever have official Play with the Dogs events in both comp and coop modes?

Do you have any more code giveaways (first given that you still have non-expired codes for anything) in store? Not that I'm greedy or anything... smile

Half-off DLC Sale for Christmas? Not that I'm a stingy guy with money or anything... smile

Will you ever add Mesh Maps to Custom Games? Or at very least, put up a free Best of Lab Map Pack in the Store after you guys hit the 10 mark?

Will we ever get a Summer Beta Settings Lab?

What is the likelihood of ever getting that promised Uncharted 2 Hammers Lab + Permanent Triple Cash?

Will you ever disable KDR saving in the TDM Labs?

I'm a Mets fan. Don't ever talk of the Yankees. Smiley Happy

Darn it! If you said Mets he would of stayed and answered questions. Boo you! Smiley Happy

Oops Right? - Tess : The Last of Us
Message 144 of 230 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Dec 13, 2012
What is Eric's favourite Naughty Dog Game?

What is Cog's favourite Naughty Dog Game?

What is Eric's favourite Uncharted Game in the series?

What is Cog's favourite Uncharted Game in the series?

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 145 of 230 (238 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Dec 13, 2012

^No Arnie, Evan, or Zod?

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 146 of 230 (221 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Dec 13, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
What is Eric's favourite Naughty Dog Game?

What is Cog's favourite Naughty Dog Game?

What is Eric's favourite Uncharted Game in the series?

What is Cog's favourite Uncharted Game in the series?

"Uncharted 1, we didn't have to deal with all this multiplayer crap"

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 147 of 230 (220 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Dec 13, 2012
@I_Like_Pie45

I didn't want to make the post too long and have 10 questions Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 148 of 230 (214 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Please remember to post up one question per reply. Starting in 2013 we’re going to ignore your questions if you have more than one in reply or post up multiple replies in a row. Otherwise we don’t really know what question is getting the most kudos and we might not be answering the question you want answered or the one the community has given the most kudos.

1. What do you have in store for the next patch? When can we expect said patch? (Crimsonine)

The next patch will be coming late January or early February 2013. We are still finalizing what’s in it and when it can be deployed. That seems like a long time but it’s really only a few weeks away! As for what’s in store…o man, it’s going to color your mind and free your worries. We don’t want to spoil it but there’s a lot of cool new stuff coming. Get ready!

2. Can you make grenade throwback a little more harder? (B_Smiley)

We tuned the grenade throwback to be a bit of a challenge (at first) for all players but still permit mastery after repetition and practice. It’s highly likely you’ve gotten pretty good at throwbacks if you’ve been playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer for a while now. We don’t want to alter it to put new players at a disadvantage so it’s not going to change.

3. Are you ever going to fix the reloading while switching cover glitch? (Cheek_Boys)

This is something we can’t fix due to an issue with animations that would cause mirror animations. It would be even more disruptive. Sorry!

4. How come you didnt carry over the Uncharted 2 Patch 1.09 Plunder fixes over to Uncharted 3? (gunnsandwiches42)

They are very different games. The gameplay systems and technical back ends between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 aren’t the same so it’s not as easy as carrying fixes over. Multiplayer was re-designed and re-made from the ground up for Uncharted 3 as compared to how it was built in Uncharted 2.

5. Could you guys remove power weapons in FFA? (Joe-Itz070)

This hasn’t been something we’ve seen a ton of clamor for within the community. It’s possible and if we see more discussion about it we can tune or tweak this.

6. How about rare treasure weekends? Any set date for them? (Renegade_angel95)

By the time you read this you’ll likely hear rumblings about our first weekend. It’s coming….in…3…2…er, look for new this Friday.

7. Are you planning to improve the matchmaking further or even revert to the original matchmaking? (Snake-Eater300)

We have made many changes and tweaks to matchmaking since launch. We are constantly evaluating what’s working and what can be improved. For more on matchmaking read this thread.

8. Do you have any plans on releasing Mesh Maps to custom games anytime soon? (shadowlibraboy)

We have discussed this internally a lot and are still determining how we will be releasing them or if we can at all. We just need to optimize some things and, more importantly, finish them all up first! Check out Lab calendar to see when the next one will roll out. More or less we have new ones dropping every two weeks.

9. What do the folks at NDI think about the Co-Op Tournament, The Legacy Tournament, and the UC3 Summer/Winter Olympics Events? (SLEAZE_IT_UP)

The Olympic events are awesome and we’ve participated in some of them with Big2Krew and Fragged Nation. It’s great to see our community’s imagination run wild. There are some very cool mini games within our multiplayer that have been thought up.

It’s amazing to watch how badass some of the players we have in our community are via the tournaments as well. We will continue to support community organized events and tournaments in various ways as the Uncharted 3 multiplayer community continues to grow and be engaged.

10. How much and often will Naughty Dog still support Uncharted 3 once The Last of Us is out? (Icarus_prime)

Keep playing and we’ll keep supporting. It’s pretty simple math.

Message 149 of 230 (474 Views)
Wastelander
766 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Really, did they HAVE to answer number 6? Anyway, I feel like nothing was really answered here. Just stating tech issues and to tell us to discuss things that have already been discussed. Oh, and that patch 1.16 comes in one to two months. yay?

Message 150 of 230 (462 Views)
0 Likes