Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Re: **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: December Edition: UPDATED WITH ANSWERS**

Dec 19, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

I think a spectator mode will be better and possibly simpler. You will basically control all the camera angles like you did in U2 co-op. 

Spectator mode! Sounds good and easy.

Everything helping to record coop stuff  easier is wellcome, i guess.

Actually the finest way would be a cinema mode like the Comp has.

What are you doing with all the leisure you have now after the tournament?

It must be a strange feeling to have time for yourself...

Message 221 of 230 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Re: **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: December Edition: UPDATED WITH ANSWERS**

Dec 21, 2012
Thats the worst idea I have ever heard.
Message 222 of 230 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 21, 2012
You will not stand in the way of destiny
Message 223 of 230 (300 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 21, 2012

oledukk2 wrote:
Thats the worst idea I have ever heard.

Which idea?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 224 of 230 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Go while you still can, cause this is very stupid
Message 225 of 230 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Go while you still can, cause this is very stupid

How is this related to james bond
Message 226 of 230 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
69 posts

Re: Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: December Edition

Dec 21, 2012

2. Can you make grenade throwback a little more harder? (B_Smiley)

We tuned the grenade throwback to be a bit of a challenge (at first) for all players but still permit mastery after repetition and practice. It’s highly likely you’ve gotten pretty good at throwbacks if you’ve been playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer for a while now. We don’t want to alter it to put new players at a disadvantage so it’s not going to change.

The problem here is that you can't "cook" grenades, and since you can't "cook" grenades in UC3, you can't "manipulate" the grenades' detention timer to avoid the grenade throwback mechanic or get kills with them effectively. Due to this, if a player knows the throwback mechanic and master it, he will have no problem throwing the grenades back, and sadly, the throwback range and timer is high and very forgiving, making it very easy to master.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Explaining-Throwback-Grenades/m...

This thread was created the very same day when UC3 was released detailing the throwback mechanic very well (check the date of the second post, the OP's date is bugged due to the transition. It's actually the date when s/he edited his/her post). I don't see how it's very hard for beginners when on the FIRST DAY the mechanic was FULLY figured out, so most of the players (if not all) will master the mechanic by 1-2 weeks (unless he barely plays the game and in between lengthy breaks).

ND, do you really think it's fine (from game design, balance, LOGIC! ...etc... perspective) that:

1) A player CAN kill you, reload (thanks to the many reload mods), and your throw grenade away.

2) The player's chance of survival to go TOWARD a grenade and throw it back is better than running away from it.

3) The fact that we have to throw a grenade at a 3-4 meter-tall ceiling to get a proper chance for a grenade kill.

Just try it with one of the QA testers who have "mastered" it (or anyone here who can do it and upload a video) and throw grenades at him one after one, and just see how effective the grenades are.

I really hope that you reconsider your position.

Message 227 of 230 (264 Views)
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Dec 22, 2012

What are the port numbers for uncharted 3? to help some players with lag.

Message 228 of 230 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Dec 22, 2012

pime666 wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

I think a spectator mode will be better and possibly simpler. You will basically control all the camera angles like you did in U2 co-op. 

Spectator mode! Sounds good and easy.

Everything helping to record coop stuff  easier is wellcome, i guess.

Actually the finest way would be a cinema mode like the Comp has.

What are you doing with all the leisure you have now after the tournament?

It must be a strange feeling to have time for yourself...

To also see the enemies point of view like swapping players views would be nice.

Message 229 of 230 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Dont you say
Message 230 of 230 (215 Views)
0 Likes