Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: May Edition **

May 31, 2013

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

Does anyone else think that ND is going to completely forget about these Q&A threads by the time July comes around?

I've been holding out hope that ND would make a triumphant return to U3, but this delay of the Q&A thread is starting to solidify my doubts.

I just think that ND will be too busy rolling around in the cash they made from The Last Of Us to even do anything.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 161 of 219 (552 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10029 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Once TLOU comes out all game problems in UC3 would be answered by "Just play TLOU."
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 162 of 219 (521 Views)
Naughty Host
8575 posts

Jun 1, 2013
^Doesn't sound too bad :smileywink:

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 163 of 219 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10029 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Not bad for you and your game, yes, but not all of us want TLOU.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 164 of 219 (458 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
588 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

lol Good job with letting people know on the last day of the month. Well played.

Really sorry we couldn't get around to answer this month's Q&A but the road up to The Last of Us launch has been exceptionally busy. We've on the cusp of releasing what will be a genre creating game and we're excited to hear what you have to say about it. 

The questions we were seeing in the Q&A this month were getting very repetitious and touched on much of what we've answered online in the forums or other social channels in the past. We're looking forward to keeping the conversation lively and new questions as The Last of Us is launched and the development of Uncharted 3 multiplayer continues. 

Please use plain text.
Message 165 of 219 (440 Views)
Fender Bender
2851 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Eric-ND wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

lol Good job with letting people know on the last day of the month. Well played.

Really sorry we couldn't get around to answer this month's Q&A but the road up to The Last of Us launch has been exceptionally busy. We've on the cusp of releasing what will be a genre creating game and we're excited to hear what you have to say about it. 

The questions we were seeing in the Q&A this month were getting very repetitious and touched on much of what we've answered online in the forums or other social channels in the past. We're looking forward to keeping the conversation lively and new questions as The Last of Us is launched and the development of Uncharted 3 multiplayer continues. 

you know, if 'development of Uncharted 3 multiplayer' means only making more overpriced ugly hats, shirts and weapons and not fixes than I rather have you guys just pull the plug and let those guys work on a new project to make sure that next game isn't full of glitches and other crap, not to sound mean or something, I love your games, but Uncharted 3 multiplayer still is full of glitches and you only add things you can earn money on, and not even good things, and that annoys me a lot, so just go work on a next game please (Uncharted 4!), and make sure that's the best one ever! :smileyhappy:

I'm looking forward to The Last of Us, singleplayer is probably awesome just as previous games, you never do that wrong so my 60$ is always well spent, but please make sure this time the multiplayer is good, sure it can have glitches but make fixing those your number one priority, don't waste time on adding a tournament system, don't add overpriced ugly looking customization pieces with stats and so on...

Please use plain text.
Message 166 of 219 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jun 1, 2013
"....and the development of Uncharted 3 multiplayer continues"

I don't know if that was a joke ._.
I don't see dlc, f2p rip off, or ignoring long time issues as development...
Just my opinion :/
Please use plain text.
Message 167 of 219 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2851 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Eric-ND wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Eric, you're a community strategist, not a developer on The Last of Us, I of course don't know your exact job description, but I find it really hard to believe that getting 10 questions answered is to much for you, and on the subject of repetitive questions, I agree, to an extent, but I stilll managed to find 5 new questions that also got supported with kudo's for you, so I do understand that you could bring it back to 5 for this month, but answering 0 just doesn't make any sense, I posted the questions below, I think a lot of people here would appreciate a quick answer on those questions...

TheStuntDouble: How about doing Frost's blindfire lab testing to see HOW we can fix this blindfire?http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/The-Lab-Blindfire-Nerf-Testing/...

FredFai: Why was Nolan North in the Naughty Dog studio in the TLOU development video? is this some sort of a hint to Uncharted 4 or something else?
Can be found at 2:24 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJ2C6wAVpg

PeteX19: Why was so much development time put into creating OP systems (power plays, very strong auto-aim, 360 degree blindfire, melee) that take control away from the player. Do you fear the modern gamer isn't capable of learning the skills to play a game and so you have to resort to playing it for them by only requiring them to press one button to guarantee a kill?

Matthijs_17: Question: Naughty Dog, how in the world is it possible that people know the ending of The Last of Us already?
Explanation: They got it from God of War ascension, someone managed to get the games files and found the cutscene titles for The Last of Us, because The Last of Us will have a demo included with that game, but why did you ever thought of including the cutscene titles on that disc, never heard of hackers?
EDIT: forgot to say that I got spoiled too, thank you very much ND...

xZerox_123: You guys mentioned something that was cut from the game may show up again if it is possible. Can you give us more details on what this may be?

Please use plain text.
Message 168 of 219 (407 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:
Eric, you're a community strategist, not a developer on The Last of Us, I of course don't know your exact job description, but I find it really hard to believe that getting 10 questions answered is to much for you, and on the subject of repetitive questions, I agree, to an extent, but I stilll managed to find 5 new questions that also got supported with kudo's for you, so I do understand that you could bring it back to 5 for this month, but answering 0 just doesn't make any sense, I posted the questions below, I think a lot of people here would appreciate a quick answer on those questions...

PeteX19: Why was so much development time put into creating OP systems (power plays, very strong auto-aim, 360 degree blindfire, melee) that take control away from the player. Do you fear the modern gamer isn't capable of learning the skills to play a game and so you have to resort to playing it for them by only requiring them to press one button to guarantee a kill?

I guess the answer to mine is pretty obvious to anyone who has seen the change in multiplayer experiences this generation. However it would of been cool to see how a ND dev explains this design decision. Oh and I could of worded it better but I had just come off a particularly bad TDM match XD

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Please use plain text.
Message 169 of 219 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2851 posts

Jun 1, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I guess the answer to mine is pretty obvious to anyone who has seen the change in multiplayer experiences this generation. However it would of been cool to see how a ND dev explains this design decision. Oh and I could of worded it better but I had just come off a particularly bad TDM match XD

yeah I know, but I like to see ND's take on it too :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 170 of 219 (386 Views)