Highlighted
Mar 08 2013
By: HunterXomega Splicer 49 posts

Questions about becoming a Legacy rank.

14 replies 440 views Edited Mar 8, 2013

Hey guys, I have some questions about leveling up to Legacy..

1.) Do I lose the items I've purchased on the playstation store with my own money?

2.) Do I lose all my weapons even the ones I've leveled up to get including the simple Kal-7, or M9? Do I just start with the Ak47 again?

3.) Do I recieve any rewards for becoming a legacy rank?

Thats just about it guys, thanks if you respond. Smiley Happy

photo jordansig2_zps3e78193b.jpg
Message 1 of 15 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Re: Questions about becoming a Legacy rank.

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

1) No.

2) In a way, yes.  When you level up, you unlock certain things.  So...until you attain that level again...those items (weapons, boosters, kickbacks) are not available to you.

3) Yes.  Can't recall specifically what they are because I'm already 75 legacy 5 and I've had them for a while.  It is documented so check out the Uncharted Wiki.  Honestly though, for me, it's mostly bragging rights.  One drawback is in the matchmaking...I play mostly coop and I would say I'm average skill in competitive but I consistently get matched with lower level players in comp...which is why I mostly play with friends in parties of at least 3 (and preferably 5).

Message 2 of 15 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Mar 8, 2013

HunterXomega wrote:

1.) Do I lose the items I've purchased on the playstation store with my own money?

2.) Do I lose all my weapons even the ones I've leveled up to get including the simple Kal-7, or M9? Do I just start with the Ak47 again?

1) Nope

2) Yes

3) Yes

Message 3 of 15 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

Mar 8, 2013

HunterXomega wrote:

1.) No

2.) Yes, but easily avoided (Get Bronze Tournament tier before you legacy)

3.) Yes, an increase in sucky matchmaking AND lots of lag. It comes together.

But judging by what you mentioned (simple kal-7, store purchases) you don't care about #3 anyways.

Message 4 of 15 (411 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 8, 2013

HunterXomega wrote:

1. Not at all. All the items you purchased will be there for you to use when available, except for character guns (see #2)

2. Well... hard to explain. When you legacy, you go back to level one, and the other guns have a specific level for you to be able to use it (eg Dragon Sniper level 12).

IF you own a character weapon prior to legacy, you only need to wait until you're the right level to be able to use it.

For example, you have Marlowe's M9. Just get to level 30 or something and you'll be able to use it, and you don't need to look for the treasures anymore.

If you have Drake's AK or something like that, you would be able to use it right after you legacy, since it's a level one weapon.

3. You receive Doughnut Talbot and 4 clown masks (no stats) at Level 3 legacy. In level 4 legacy, you get a Highwayman mask. In Level 5 legacy, you get a wrestling mask, the clown masks+ (the ones with stats) and new emblem stuff. Other legacy levels have no reward.

Also, base price for boosters, kickbacks and mods increase every legacy.

If you ask me, it's not worth it. Hence me using TeammateAssist (second account-slash- main UC3 account now)

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 15 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7264 posts

Mar 8, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

HunterXomega wrote:

1. Not at all. All the items you purchased will be there for you to use when available, except for character guns (see #2)

2. Well... hard to explain. When you legacy, you go back to level one, and the other guns have a specific level for you to be able to use it (eg Dragon Sniper level 12).

IF you own a character weapon prior to legacy, you only need to wait until you're the right level to be able to use it.

For example, you have Marlowe's M9. Just get to level 30 or something and you'll be able to use it, and you don't need to look for the treasures anymore.

If you have Drake's AK or something like that, you would be able to use it right after you legacy, since it's a level one weapon.

3. You receive Doughnut Talbot and 4 clown masks (no stats) at Level 3 legacy. In level 4 legacy, you get a Highwayman mask. In Level 5 legacy, you get a wrestling mask, the clown masks+ (the ones with stats) and new emblem stuff. Other legacy levels have no reward.

Also, base price for boosters, kickbacks and mods increase every legacy.

If you ask me, it's not worth it. Hence me using TeammateAssist (second account-slash- main UC3 account now)

legacy 1 and 2 give out negative boosters.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 6 of 15 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 8, 2013
Oops, sorry. Thanks for commenting it. Smiley Tongue
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 7 of 15 (379 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Mar 8, 2013
If you Legacy at least legacy twice, first legacy is so **bleep** ugly and boring looking..
Message 8 of 15 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Mar 8, 2013

You do get rewards, but they are not worth it.

Don't bother.

Message 9 of 15 (333 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Mar 8, 2013

1. No, anything purchased is permanently yours regardless of any other factors.

2. Yes and no.  Treasure weapons require the base weapon to be unlocked as well, i.e. Talbot's FAL and the normal FAL both have a rank 50 requirement.  However, you don't lose the treasures associated with those weapons, so if you Legacy with the Mythology Set completed, you only have to get back to rank 50 to re-acquire Talbot's FAL.

On DLC, normal weapon DLC rips the rank requirement for a particular weapon type away, freeing it and the associated treasure weapons.  If you purchase the FAL DLC, for example, and have the Mythology Set completed, Talbot's FAL will also be permanently unlocked.  This is why normal weapon DLC does not exist for the AK, G-MAL, or Para 9, as the weapons themselves have no rank requirements save the Jade AK and Para 9 (which do have individual DLC).

The M9 DLC will not unlock the Jade M9, nor will any normal weapon DLC remove the rank requirements for the normal weapon's mods (i.e. you still need to get to Rank 51 to start unlocking individual FAL mods regardless of what you download).  As stated before, the latter is where Bronze tier Tourney weapons are necessary, as only those weapons allow you early access to individual mods.  For handguns, there's no shortcut to individual mods whatsoever, at least there hasn't been up to this point (no Tourney handguns exist to our knowledge).

3. These are all strictly competitive prizes until you get to Legacy 4.  The first two Legacies unlock boosters, just to clarify.

Legacy 1: Out of Breath, Flat Footed (Slot 1 negatives), Extra Kickback Costs, Small Pockets (Slot 2 negatives)

Legacy 2: Slow Healing, Fewer Grenades (Slot 1 negatives), Invalid, No Power Weapons (Slot 2 negatives)

Legacy 3: Doughnut Talbot, Custom Villain clown masks (no stats)

Legacy 4: Highwayman Mask for both custom characters

Legacy 5: Lucha Mask for both custom characters, skull-related Emblem pieces

L5 R75: Clown masks with stats for both custom characters

You can preview all of these in LAN Party under the Multiplayer option in the main menu.

Also, base prices for anything lost during the Legacy process (which is everything you can buy/level up under the Loadouts menus) increases each Legacy:

L1: 15%

L2: 30%

L3: 45%

L4: 75%

L5: 125%

Finally, Legacies 4 and 5 take more XP to max out.  It takes 2.5 mil for each Rank 75 up through Legacy 3, then...

actually, does anyone know what the maxs are for 4 and 5?  People said it was 7.5 mil for L4, but when I did it offline, it only took 6.25.  I thought it was 12.5 mil for L5 but I can't say that with certainty either. :\

Message 10 of 15 (302 Views)
0 Likes