Mar 01 2013
By: Ragna357 Sackboy 426 posts
Accepted Solution

Quick question about F2P

13 replies 292 views Edited Mar 1, 2013

So recently, I lent my friend my copy of UC3 so that he could play the campaign. But with 1.17 coming out, I felt like playing it again, so I downloaded the F2P on PSN. But there's one thing that's concerning me. If I go play it, will I keep everything (rank, treasures, DLC, etc.) or will I have to start from scratch? And then if I transfer back to the disk version, will I keep my rank from before or will I have to start out from scratch another time?

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Message 1 of 14 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Re: Quick question about F2P

Mar 1, 2013

Every single thing will carry over to F2P fine.

But, you will start from level 1 and only be able to go to level 15. You can keep playing but cannot advance your level.
You can pay $20 to play the full MP without your disc (minus Co-op).

When you get your disc back everything will be just how you left it on your account. same legacy, ect.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 2 of 14 (279 Views)
Sackboy
426 posts

Mar 1, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

But, you will start from level 1 and only be able to go to level 15. You can keep playing but cannot advance your level.

When you get your disc back everything will be just how you left it on your account. same legacy, ect.

Alright, thanks! Just gotta make sure I can keep my treasures and everything before booting up the F2P lol.

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Message 3 of 14 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Mar 1, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

True and untrue.

Everything such as your stats, your rank, your unlockables your DLC will carry over. You just won't gain money or rank up.

Your rank will not restart from level 1.

Message 4 of 14 (259 Views)
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Yup sorry.

OK, so...your rank, and every thing else carries. BUT, you earn no XP, and there are TV ads before and after every game.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 5 of 14 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Mar 1, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

... and there are TV ads before and after every game.

For this, to get rid of them you have to buy either of the following.

Single Player

Level Cap Removed

DLC Packs

Co-Op Adventure

The easiest is to just grab the level cap unlock.

Message 6 of 14 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Mar 1, 2013

tack129 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

... and there are TV ads before and after every game.

For this, to get rid of them you have to buy either of the following.

Single Player

Level Cap Removed

DLC Packs

Co-Op Adventure

The easiest is to just grab the level cap unlock.

Do tournament tickets carry over to the F2P version? What about the ND paw and co-op star? Leveled up boosters as well?

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 7 of 14 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Mar 1, 2013

^ Might I add, I really wanna download the F2P version so I don't have to pop in my disc everytime I wanna play UC3 (I'm playing other games at the moment). That and I don't mind spending if using the F2P version really does take care of some of the big problems like the spinning ring and such. If I do though I wanna know for sure what I have and what I use will be useable.

So basically... 

• Co-op Star, ND Paw print
  • Tournament tickets
  • Gold Cloaked and Gold Monkeyman

That's basically all I'm concerned about. I'll gladly stick to my disc though if I must, just figured a digital version of MP would be more beneficial and easier to use and have. 

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 8 of 14 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Mar 1, 2013

you keep paw, star, and boosters. i assume tickets also

KarateChampChad wrote:

^ Might I add, I really wanna download the F2P version so I don't have to pop in my disc everytime I wanna play UC3 (I'm playing other games at the moment). That and I don't mind spending if using the F2P version really does take care of some of the big problems like the spinning ring and such. If I do though I wanna know for sure what I have and what I use will be useable.

So basically... 

• Co-op Star, ND Paw print
  • Tournament tickets
  • Gold Cloaked and Gold Monkeyman

That's basically all I'm concerned about. I'll gladly stick to my disc though if I must, just figured a digital version of MP would be more beneficial and easier to use and have. 

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 9 of 14 (206 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

you keep paw, star, and boosters. i assume tickets also

Cool. Do you think I should jump ship to the F2P version or stick to my disc? Seems you have some experience with the F2P version already, is it better? Is it worth the investment?

Message 10 of 14 (199 Views)
0 Likes