Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 26 2013
By: NightShadowOwl Lombax Warrior 168 posts

Quick question about UC3 special edition

7 replies 244 views Edited Oct 26, 2013
I only have the standard edition but am thinking of buying the UC3 SE o(used) on ebay. Question is will I need the online code from the SE to play the maps? Or will it all be on the disc? I don't live in North America so the DLC cost is about half the cost of a new game.

Also does the SE come with all the maps? I did I google search but came up with nothing. Or am I getting it confused with the GOTY edition? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9895 posts

Re: Quick question about UC3 special edition

Oct 26, 2013
SE is before GOTY. It doesn't have all the maps. Generally, pre-GOTY discs have codes for the extra unlocks. The unlocks are just early access to basic items, like my steelbook copy which has a code for Regen, Carpet Bomb and Creepy Crawler. If you're buying used, you're mainly buying a standard disc.

The GoTY version comes with all PRE-STAGE* DLC, i.e. All characters except for Red Shirt drake (PSN store only), doughnut Talbot (legacy 3) and Djinn (tourney); and all maps. These items are on the disc itself, and a code is not required besides the one for online.

*stat hats, cowboys items, taunts, etc. were released in "stages".
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (226 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Oct 26, 2013
If you think you are going to love UC3 get the GOTY Edition, its worth it.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Oct 29, 2013
@TheStuntDouble besides the fact I don't know how to reply to you and actually quote you (lol), I appreciate your detailed reply. Thanks. But I have one more pressing issue:

I'm 99.99% sure I'm bidding on a NTSC(?) copy of the disc and I'm located in the PAL region and my ps3 (online code was) PAL. Can I flawlessly play a NTSC disc online and use all the extra DLC and content on the disc using my PAL ps3 and PSN ID?? I understand PSN ID's are region locked after you've set your country. I don't want I buy a new GOTY PAL version for $45.

The cover sleeve pic on eBay has drake hanging on to something from that cargo plane (desert scene). As far as I know (not 100% sure though) is that the PAL game cover is a close up of drake looking off to the right hand side with a brown-ish background.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9895 posts

Oct 29, 2013
I did some research on PAL and NTSC copies on the PS3. Apparently it's all good as long as you have an HDTV.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Oct 30, 2013
I think I've got an HDTV, but the had I cable won't work for it when it's connected to the tv :/ thanks for your help.

I don't i need this topic anymore considering all the maps are free for patch 1.18 (yay!) and all I wanted were he maps....though a doughnut talbot would've been awesome.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9895 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Doughnut Talbot is unlockable at third legacy.

Meaning, it's free.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Oct 31, 2013
I didn't play legacy since it'll erase all my XP points I've accumulated...won't it? I though it does.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes