Oct 26 2013
By: NightShadowOwl Hekseville Citizen 338 posts

Quick question about UC3 special edition

7 replies 414 views Edited Oct 26, 2013
I only have the standard edition but am thinking of buying the UC3 SE o(used) on ebay. Question is will I need the online code from the SE to play the maps? Or will it all be on the disc? I don't live in North America so the DLC cost is about half the cost of a new game.

Also does the SE come with all the maps? I did I google search but came up with nothing. Or am I getting it confused with the GOTY edition? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 1 of 8 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Quick question about UC3 special edition

Oct 26, 2013
SE is before GOTY. It doesn't have all the maps. Generally, pre-GOTY discs have codes for the extra unlocks. The unlocks are just early access to basic items, like my steelbook copy which has a code for Regen, Carpet Bomb and Creepy Crawler. If you're buying used, you're mainly buying a standard disc.

The GoTY version comes with all PRE-STAGE* DLC, i.e. All characters except for Red Shirt drake (PSN store only), doughnut Talbot (legacy 3) and Djinn (tourney); and all maps. These items are on the disc itself, and a code is not required besides the one for online.

*stat hats, cowboys items, taunts, etc. were released in "stages".
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 8 (396 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Oct 26, 2013
If you think you are going to love UC3 get the GOTY Edition, its worth it.
Message 3 of 8 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

Oct 29, 2013
@TheStuntDouble besides the fact I don't know how to reply to you and actually quote you (lol), I appreciate your detailed reply. Thanks. But I have one more pressing issue:

I'm 99.99% sure I'm bidding on a NTSC(?) copy of the disc and I'm located in the PAL region and my ps3 (online code was) PAL. Can I flawlessly play a NTSC disc online and use all the extra DLC and content on the disc using my PAL ps3 and PSN ID?? I understand PSN ID's are region locked after you've set your country. I don't want I buy a new GOTY PAL version for $45.

The cover sleeve pic on eBay has drake hanging on to something from that cargo plane (desert scene). As far as I know (not 100% sure though) is that the PAL game cover is a close up of drake looking off to the right hand side with a brown-ish background.
Message 4 of 8 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 29, 2013
I did some research on PAL and NTSC copies on the PS3. Apparently it's all good as long as you have an HDTV.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 8 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

Oct 30, 2013
I think I've got an HDTV, but the had I cable won't work for it when it's connected to the tv :/ thanks for your help.

I don't i need this topic anymore considering all the maps are free for patch 1.18 (yay!) and all I wanted were he maps....though a doughnut talbot would've been awesome.
Message 6 of 8 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Doughnut Talbot is unlockable at third legacy.

Meaning, it's free.
Message 7 of 8 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

Oct 31, 2013
I didn't play legacy since it'll erase all my XP points I've accumulated...won't it? I though it does.
Message 8 of 8 (282 Views)
0 Likes