Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 12 2013
By: lifeonotherplane Lombax Warrior 193 posts

Rage quitting

71 replies 1901 views Edited Apr 12, 2013

Hi All,

I have not been on these forums for well over a year when i stopped playing this game.  Recently I have come back.

I am sure this has been talked about to death but rather then me troll through all the posts, I thought I would start a new one.

ND why dont you do the following?

1) Rage quit 5 times in 1 day = 24 hour ban.  This includes sign out on psn.

2) Rage quit a game you get an extra 5 deaths plus a loss plus your stats count for the game. 

3) If you die by a rage quitter the deaths you recieved from them get taken away.

ND do something will you?  My kdr is a legit 3 on my main account with Zero rage quits.  Over 75,00 kills and just over 24,000 deaths.  I am sick of these people that take your game for granted and make ND look like noobs

Message 1 of 72 (1,901 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Rage quitting

Apr 12, 2013

If these were implemented I think when players get DC'd they would flip more than tables. Besides, let them ragequit I mean its not like its helping them in anyway.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 2 of 72 (1,836 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Some games like CS:Go ban you for a week lol...

Message 3 of 72 (1,602 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Apr 12, 2013

lifeonotherplane wrote:

Hi All,

I have not been on these forums for well over a year when i stopped playing this game.  Recently I have come back.

I am sure this has been talked about to death but rather then me troll through all the posts, I thought I would start a new one.

2) Rage quit a game you get an extra 5 deaths plus a loss plus your stats count for the game. 

3) If you die by a rage quitter the deaths you recieved from them get taken away.

ND do something will you?  My kdr is a legit 3 on my main account with Zero rage quits.  Over 75,00 kills and just over 24,000 deaths.  I am sick of these people that take your game for granted and make ND look like noobs

I get kicked more than 5 times out of matches, and not by ragequitting, but by spinning ring, freezes, connection errors, removed from game errors and games that not end for some reason errors, so according to your rule number 1 I would have to be banned each day after I play UC3, that's not fair :smileywink:

I think rule number 2 is a very good idea, ragequitters ragequit for their kdr, so if they get a loss, why not a couple of deaths tied to it, ragequitting should give you 10 more deaths on each ragequit :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 72 (1,126 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

lifeonotherplane wrote:

Hi All,

I get kicked more than 5 times out of matches, and not by ragequitting, but by spinning ring, freezes, connection errors, removed from game errors and games that not end for some reason errors, so according to your rule number 1 I would have to be banned each day after I play UC3, that's not fair :smileywink:

I think rule number 2 is a very good idea, ragequitters ragequit for their kdr, so if they get a loss, why not a couple of deaths tied to it, ragequitting should give you 10 more deaths on each ragequit :smileyhappy:

You know ND would mess it up and make it happen every time you did not make it into a match and every other reason you leave a match. Players stats are not legit as they are, do we really want more reason for that?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 5 of 72 (1,013 Views)
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Apr 12, 2013
Just removing stats all together would be an easier solution. This game isn't competitive, and stats mean jack**bleep**, all they are doing is promoting people to play dirty.
Pepsi
Message 6 of 72 (749 Views)
Sackboy
391 posts

Apr 12, 2013
Plus MOST people I've met with "legitimately" decent stats lag like the devil incarnate, so how is that really legitimate. But I personally would be in favour of removing the quit option all together.
Message 7 of 72 (689 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Just removing stats all together would be an easier solution. This game isn't competitive, and stats mean jack**bleep**, all they are doing is promoting people to play dirty.

This would solve ragequitting 100%, I've seen it on other games and it's 100% effective from my experiences.

But seriously, if people want to leave, let them, what is this tie everyone down into playing a match mentality,

No one is the boss of me. I'll leave whenever I feel like it and I'll play when I feel like it.

Message 8 of 72 (678 Views)
Sackboy
371 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

SjShane wrote:

This would solve ragequitting 100%, I've seen it on other games and it's 100% effective from my experiences.

But seriously, if people want to leave, let them, what is this tie everyone down into playing a match mentality,

No one is the boss of me. I'll leave whenever I feel like it and I'll play when I feel like it.

OR just remove the negative stats, and only track the positive ones...

That would give players some sort of motivation to stay, and still keep the no life players around....or just remove all stats, and add medal leaderboards...

In Uncharted 2, those were the best leaderboards in the world, too bad they died.

Message 9 of 72 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5988 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Remember quitting a games isn't only because of rage.

People got to leave, friends just logged on, party split, removed from game, lagged out, ps3 froze, disconnected from internet, spinning ring, etc. etc.

There are plenty of reasons why a person would leave a game, and a good sum of them are out of the players control. Honestly giving any penalty is silly, outside of keeping initial stats and giving 1 loss.

photo Sniper.png
Message 10 of 72 (521 Views)