Treasure Hunter
5394 posts

Re: Rage quitting

Apr 12, 2013

lifeonotherplane wrote:

are you kidding me?? Yes things happen on the ps3 that some people cannot controll. But when it is a blatant RQ you know about it. EG today we were party of 4 came across another party and they all RQ when they were loosing.  PSN ID Bastian-MD, Rgg_93, and some other tryhards.  I think those are 2 names i came across.  Yes Naming is not allowed but you know what lets name and shame people.  Why is ND on the side of these people?  Even with glitchers.  If things keep going this way Unchrted 4 and the TLOU MP will be the same old laggers, rage quitters and glitchers and cheaters.

The game can't tell why you quit. Ragequitting is no big deal honestly...

Gotta go eat, take the quit penalty.

Cat pulled out ethernet cable, take the quit penalty.

Friends are here, time to leave and take the quit penalty.

Power went out, take the quit penalty.

Game froze, take the quit penalty.

friends invited me to game, leave and take quit penalty.

don't feel like playing, take quit penalty.

The game doesn't have an indicator on why the person quit. Giving them severe penalties for doing so is silly especially since it doesn't impact the game to much.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 72 (435 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Apr 12, 2013

I have no problem with players ragequitting as long as they gave it a shot. No one wants to stay in a match where they're being murdered unless they're trying to see how the players murdering them play in order to get better.

It's the players that leave before the match starts, after 1 death, when the game is close, etc. that irritate me. I call that "wussy quitting."

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 72 (431 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Apr 12, 2013

no what annyons me is this

you play the game lets say it is a clan fight you come across.  Your team is winning by say 7 kills and when the scores are 47 to 40 they quit.  Now why should people have to put up with the deaths when these people sign out and get only a loss? 

My theory is if your kdr is decent and your win loss is like every 2 games then something is not right.  I have been neagvtive lots of times against clans, infact i play by myself a fair bit and get positive most of the time.  This is what makes a great player.  Anyone can party up with 5 good players and have 15 kills and zero deaths. 

I have noticed that

1) when it is a clan on clan most people are even scores and negative, yet thier kdrs are 3,4 plus.  Why is this becuase they need support.

2) When i see these high kdrs  (which is rare) play by themselves they do crap and go negative or justbarley positive.  Why is this cause they need to hold each others **bleep** to get a good kdr.

You might be wondering why i am stating all this.  Well i had played UC2 for a very long time and was a decent but not great player.  My UC3 days have been much better with no quits (rage quit when i go negative).  I took a year off and the same crap happens and nothing is done about it.  TBH UC4 will be the same trust me.  Same Laggy people high up on the leaderboards with the same crap.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 72 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 12, 2013

You can usually tell in the lobby if your team is going to get destroyed or not so I don't blame people for leaving when they're up against a party of five while you have splitscreen noobs on your own team. Even the best players in the world are going to struggle when they constantly get shot at by the entire other team.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 72 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

But thats the thing you dont understand.  Alot of these people are not good because thier stats are fake.  So how do you know you will get destroyed without playing?  Granted some games you may have all newbies F2P low levels but still give it a go maybe you will learn something instead of going back to the looby and then playing aginst other noobs.  How will that make you a better player?  You will end up going around in circles.  Hell you may even beat or get close to them.   Those are satisfying games not playing against noobs all day long in parties and having a good kdr with rage quits. If your a half decent player you will be able to take on parties by yourself.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 72 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Apr 12, 2013
I tactically quit. Not rage, but I don't see the point going against a Party of 5 with a noob team. I'll get the loss no matter how good I do, so I quit. Tactical quit.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 72 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

lifeonotherplane wrote:

But thats the thing you dont understand.  Alot of these people are not good because thier stats are fake.  So how do you know you will get destroyed without playing?  Granted some games you may have all newbies F2P low levels but still give it a go maybe you will learn something instead of going back to the looby and then playing aginst other noobs.  How will that make you a better player?  You will end up going around in circles.  Hell you may even beat or get close to them.   Those are satisfying games not playing against noobs all day long in parties and having a good kdr with rage quits. If your a half decent player you will be able to take on parties by yourself.

Even if the other team aren't as good as their stats say, they're still going to crush a team full of really bad players. I prefer to play against good players provided that the teams are balanced, but if I'm going for one of the "get 50 wins in X mode" trophies then I'm not going to waste 10 min on a match that I'm guaranteed to lose. I only play on alternate accounts (like this one) nowadays since I already have 100% trophies on my main account, so I don't quit matches unless I really have to go. My console freezes at least once a day so I've gotten many quits from that as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 72 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13047 posts

Apr 13, 2013

lifeonotherplane wrote:

are you kidding me?? Yes things happen on the ps3 that some people cannot controll. But when it is a blatant RQ you know about it. EG today we were party of 4 came across another party and they all RQ when they were loosing.  PSN ID Bastian-MD, Rgg_93, and some other tryhards.  I think those are 2 names i came across.  Yes Naming is not allowed but you know what lets name and shame people.  Why is ND on the side of these people?  Even with glitchers.  If things keep going this way Unchrted 4 and the TLOU MP will be the same old laggers, rage quitters and glitchers and cheaters.

ND aren't they already get a free loss, It's not really ragequit unless they rage at you either...

They saw the match was over, they left.

I honestly don't understand why anyone is expected to stay, It's like if someone is better than me, I conceed, you win. move along to the next match.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 72 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9832 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Look, it's a rarity that someone leaves a winning match. Is this whole thing coming from that one time it happened?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 72 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 13, 2013

I dunno if they leave on purpose or not but I see people leave all the time even if they're winning. I played a classic match recently and all was going well until more than half the players suddenly started leaving when the score was 44-45 or something like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 72 (156 Views)
0 Likes