Sackboy
541 posts

Re: Rage quitting

Apr 13, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I dunno if they leave on purpose or not but I see people leave all the time even if they're winning. I played a classic match recently and all was going well until more than half the players suddenly started leaving when the score was 44-45 or something like that.

Look, I quit pretty frequently. However, very few of those quits are rage quits. Most of the time it's because someone invited me, or I had to do something.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 31 of 72 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Message 32 of 72 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Message 33 of 72 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

lifeonotherplane wrote:

1) Rage quit 5 times in 1 day = 24 hour ban.  This includes sign out on psn.

2) Rage quit a game you get an extra 5 deaths plus a loss plus your stats count for the game. 

3) If you die by a rage quitter the deaths you recieved from them get taken away.

No.  And why use an alt to post?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 34 of 72 (325 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Message 35 of 72 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 13, 2013
I know how you feel. Back then, I had this sponger guy

I emptied a full Dragon clip into him. A FULL DRAGON CLIP. NOBODY EVEN SURVIVES THE FIRST TWO SHOTS.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 36 of 72 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Message 37 of 72 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

@Scootgar

As mentioned in one of my other threads I started, I have forgotten my login details for my main account here.  I have also forgotten my email address details for my main account.  I have set my ps3 to remember my password whenever I play.  Is that satisfactory for you your lordship?  Also why NO?? Are you one of them tha RQ?  So your stats would be even worse cause not only would u get the extra 5 deaths when you do quit but you will get them when you have connections erros?

TBH I hardly get these so called connection errors and things.  And if I do I dont care if it adds 5 deaths to my stats.  The fact is I dont leave lag or whatever reason.  You guys make all excuses.

I know ND cant make these changes cause of the cycle of this game.  But it is food for thought for UC4

On a side note

I worked out how to fix the cinema and players met problem I mentioned in my earlier post.

1) Set the date on your ps3 1 year forward. (you can move it back after it works).

2) On your people met list on the ps3, first press triangle then add the first fee people to your ban list.  That will remove the first 10 people you met.  Then from the ban list delete the person/s if you want.

3) Play 1 game see if your people met lists updates with the players from the game you just played.

4) If all is working you can set the clock on your ps3 back to normal if you want.

Cheers

Message 38 of 72 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Apr 13, 2013

I quit as I want, and I don't really mind too much if other's quit either, so I'm fine w/out this idea. 

Do you feel me?

Message 39 of 72 (273 Views)
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Is it really that bad in U3? Since to be completely honest when I play other MP games, the RQ often times is the same if not WORSE.

I also saw an interesting example saying "oh well if they remove stats or only show the good/positive stats", yeah that really doesn't work either. There are quite a few games where the stat tracking is the bare minimum/next to bar none and people are still quiting. They might not be rage/stat quiting, but they most likely get fed up getting handled and leave. Rest assured as long as there is online multiplayer, there will be quiting. Get used to it. Not like quiting is something new, it just become more prominent this generation due to the increase in people having access to online gaming and the amount of games online. People were quiting even back in the earliest online games, just fewer people could because the amount of people who had access to internet.

You would also be surprised what people will quite over, ranging from kids getting **bleep** in a MMO because their party didn't effective back them up during a raid or something, to kids sounding like every time you kill them in shooter, they actually got shot. That being said not everyone gets all mad everyime they leave the game, sometimes people have to go, their bored of getting handled and see no point in staying, or they just want to play with other people. So unless you hear them directly being verbal about their anger, don't assume everyone that is quiting is rupturing a kidney everytime they do.

I'd also like to give a big round of applause to the troopers, you know the kids they go like 0-20 and still stay. No idea how they do it and I am also not going to say its because their better people than the rest of us. But I am curious as to what possible enjoyment some of these people derive from getting so destroyed that I would hardly even consider playing. I mean what fun do people get spawning and dying? That and I saw in dude in Black Ops 2 go 0-203 by C4'ing himself the whole match and wondered why.

Message 40 of 72 (261 Views)