Jun 10 2012
By: Toxic156 Fender Bender 4145 posts

Randomization Lab

21 replies 176 views Edited Jun 10, 2012

Yup, another Lab idea- this time for competitive. While Lone Wolf co-op arena would be awesome (another idea of mine, but that one is self-explanatory) I wouldn't mind seeing a mode with a lot more entropy.

Description:

A lab in which player's loadouts are completely disregarded and thrown into disarray. When the player respawns/match starts, the player will have a randomized set of weapons, boosters and KBs.

Why It's Awesome:

This playlist would have players constantly adjusting to different circumstances, as well as making them try out different sets of boosters/weapon combinations.

Restrictions:

- No 3rd booster from character loadouts

- No Paid Boosters

- No power weapons lying on maps- KB power weapons are acceptable

Question of the Day/Week/Month/Year/Century/Millenium

What level boosters should be given out- bronze, silver, gold, or random?

Post to vote, and I'll update the OP with the results. This can be a Lab with (one set of) rules set by the community, for the community.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (176 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Re: Randomization Labs

Apr 5, 2012

The booster levels could also be random...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3863 posts

Apr 5, 2012

Best idea ever.

Would love this but maybe a bit unfair, Tau vs M9 ROF -_-

And quitting would happen everytime you get a Base AK and Raffica.

Maybe like COD's Gun Game/Sharpshooter?

The only reasons I play COD are locals (customs), Zombies and those modes.

So if ND (hint hint) added these, more custom game options and Unlimited Survival I would never touch it again.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Apr 6, 2012

I like this idea!

I've always like adaptation, it's one of the best survival ways. In U2 we had weapon pickups, but now we have to adapt to any weapon we find laying on the floor, which helps polish our skill with each weapon and enhance our adaptation to various weapons.

And if you want to go completely crazy with randomization, I'd suggest randomizing ammo, which means you can fire a Gmal and see it shoot Hammer rounds for example

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: Randomization Lab

Apr 6, 2012

@Revislsland78

While I thought about that, I would like this mode to be fair to everyone, regardless of the setup they get. It sounds hypocritical, but I want this mode to be balanced and random- your performance will be left entirely up to how you adapt under new circumstances.

@munnsy1

I also think it's a good idea.

I meant that you would be given a pistol and a long gun, so no one gets stuck with a Tau. I don't know about giving players a certain weapon-set after quitting, because then that would defeat the purpose...And while Gun Game-esque mode would be fun, I'd personally prefer a constant setup every time a player respawns so they think different tactics after every death and not every 45 seconds or so.

@Shrantellatessa

Exaclty the concept I wanted to capture from UC2- pick up a weapon and make a strategy off of it. While random ammo would make for an interesting match, I think an AK T-bolt would be a bit much, as would a Hammer Turret.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Apr 6, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

@Shrantellatessa

Exaclty the concept I wanted to capture from UC2- pick up a weapon and make a strategy off of it. While random ammo would make for an interesting match, I think an AK T-bolt would be a bit much, as would a Hammer Turret.

Well, they wouldn't be that beastly since they'd have the same RoF as the original guns

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Apr 6, 2012

Yeah, I was thinking about this idea last night.

Basically, everyone starts with a random long gun, pistol, boosters, and kickback. And it changes  everytime you die/respawn.

The free buddy booster wouldn't be a problem. I mean, you'd have to get really lucky and be using the proper skin. Plus, you'd die, and then you wouldn't have it anymore anyway.

I don't think there'd be a need to eliminate cash-em-in. I mean, kickbacks aren't used that often. And if you get a kickback you don't like, well, you'll die and get a new one. If you start kinda cherry picking out the sucky end of the randomness it defeats the purpose somewhat.

Negative boosters - leave them out - not necessary.

Set all the boosters to gold, or make the levels random too. We want effective randomness. Not "may as well be playing hardcore" mode.

It would be a fun lab.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
803 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Great idea! I personally think boosters should be Gold, just to live up to their full poitencial. KBS should include everything exept Cash' em in. I agree with that cause no one wants a kind of useless KB, if you ask me. No mods on guns sounds okay to me. Just so you dont get stuck with a AK-47 w/ accrucey, while your enemy gets a M9 w/ ROF. Kind of an issue if MODS were to be present during this lab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

Apr 25, 2012

Yes please

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes