Splicer
91 posts

Harry Flynn Well, what can I say? He's just my favourite...

Nov 12, 2011

Harry Flynn

Well, what can I say? He's just my favourite character in the Uncharted series hands down, so I guess that makes him my favourite villain. I realize he's the love/hate character in the series, but I guess just his humour and just the way he tries to make himself seem super smart is really entertaining to both the U2 SP and both U2 and U3 MP.    =P

Talbot

I absolutely HATED Talbot, like I feel satisfaction every time I kill a Talbot on MP. This is probably why he's number 2 on my list. He was perfect for just being the all-around villain. He had the mysterious aspect to him, but then also had absolutely no sympathy for anyone except for Marlowe. Plus I gotta say, playing the trippy parts of SP were very entertaining for me.

Eddy Raja

I don't think there's anything to say here. Come on, it's Eddy!

Atoq Navarro

He's number 4 on my list because the boss battle for him was one of the hardest battles for me. I also didn't really see it coming that he'd end up being the ultimate villain in the first Uncharted. I also liked his cartoon-style death where his foot got caught on the rope, very funny!

Zoran Lazarevich

He's just the super-villain of the series. He's mostly muscle instead of brains, and the boss battle against him was a pain in my erm...butt (to say the least) XD

He's also lower on my list because he shot Flynn, which I know isn't really a good reason, but it's still sad!

Kathrine Marlowe

Marlowe was pretty cool, she just wasn't in the game much. Talbot did most of the work, and her death wasn't much of a "boss death." It was just a cut-scene. I liked the fact that you got to see the background of her with Sully and meeting Nate at a young age, and I liked how she tried to manipulate the heroes mentally. She's also the only major female villain, so she's the only shout-out to us girls playing the Uncharted series villain-wise. (And I'm not meaning to belittle Elena or Chloe, but this is a Villain convo, heroes are a different story =P)

Gabriel Roman

He was much like Marlowe, but had even less of a role in the story. He died in a cut-scene as well, and I want to say had MAYBE 5 minutes of screen-time in the entire game.

Rameses

He's a pretty hilarious pirate, but wasn't really in the game. Just in a couple chapters, and those chapters were personally my least favourite in U3. They were just frustrating, but I do have to say the cruise ship was awesome scenery!

Lieutenant Draza

Not much to say here, just a huge pain to kill, especially on crushing. He was just there to get me to yell at the TV for at least an hour...and to make the bottom of my list!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (675 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Roman Eddy Talbot Rameses Harry Flynn Lazarevich Marlowe...

Nov 12, 2011

1 Roman "Take your sorry mob and go!" 

2 Talbot "Now that changes things a bit, doesn't it?"

3 Eddy "No one messes with Eddy Raja!" 

4 Rameses "Bye Nathan!"

5 Harry Flynn "I pick more than my nose my friend"

6 Lazarevich "DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE"

7 Marlowe "Nooooooooooooo"

8 Draza "Grunt"

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Characters I liked: 1  Eddy:  You don't mess with him.  I...

Nov 13, 2011

Characters I liked:

1  Eddy:  You don't mess with him.  I am also fairly convinced hes still alive.  Its like with boba fett falling into the sarlac.  No body = not dead.
2 Talbot:  I seriously seriously hated him more than any uncharted villain to date.  Its a good thing.  Never has a villain pissed me off like talbot did.  I was so happy there was one final fight with him to finally settle the score.
3 Navarro:  He was very cunning and menacing, tricked everybody including his boss.
4 Draza:  He gets buff credz from me for being buff.
5 Flynn:  I liked his character but he was just such a huge pansy.  He was jealous of drake, not as smart, just a piece of poop.  But I appreciated his character
6 Roman:  The spoiled snobby guy, served the same role as marlowe but better in my opinion.

Characters I disliked:

7 Lazarevich:  Needed to be stopped, kind of a psycho.
8 Marlowe:  She was kind of... i dunno, uninteresting
9 Ramses:  He established himself very quickly as a piece of trash and was subsequently taken out like a piece of trash

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (675 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nice to see Talbot, Flynn and Eddy taking the top spots t...

Nov 13, 2011

Nice to see Talbot, Flynn and Eddy taking the top spots they so rightfully deserve. Keep it coming guys. I hope this shows ND what kind of villains we want for upcoming sequels.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

1.EDDY RAJA 2. Everyone else :)

Nov 13, 2011
1.EDDY RAJA
2. Everyone else :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (675 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Rank all the Uncharted villains from best to worst(spoilers)

Oct 7, 2012
Zoran Lazarevic
Harry Flynn
Katherin Marlowe
Talbot
Eddy Raja
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

Talbot

Brilliant villain. He's so mysterious and dark. He just seems like the anti-Drake and every scene with him is fantastic. I absolutely love the fight with him at the end as well.

Flynn

Perfect combination of humour and evil.

Navarro

Having Navarro turn on Roman for his own evil plan is one of the best twists in any of the Uncharted games, securing Navarro as one of my favourite villains.

Eddy Raja

What can I say? DON'T MESS WITH EDDY RAJA!

Lazarevic

Probably the most evil character in any Uncharted game. Every scene with him is so tense because he has such a frightening presence.

Roman

Great character wand I like that he remains cool and collected at all times.

Marlowe

She was a good character and her psychological tactics made for a nice change, but for me she was never there to provide any real confrontations. She may be in charge, but Talbot is the true antagonist of U3 for me.

Rameses

I liked that he betrayed Marlowe to find the city for himself, but then very little happened with him after that. His plotline kinda fizzled out.

Draza

Nothing wrong with him, but he was just extra muscle. Does his name even get mentioned in the single player?

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (645 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

You guys say Marlowe wasn't developed enough when I swear...

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

You guys say Marlowe wasn't developed enough when I swear she was featured in U3 more than all three villains in UDF combined :smileyfrustrated:

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9849 posts

Oct 31, 2012
I only like two people: Talbot and Roman. Talbot because he has that awesome dark magic stuff going on. Roman because he's cool and calm, and he does his dialogue with great class.

Worst villain for me is Flynn. Snarky sonofabitch. I kinda don't like Drake as well, meaning. I'm in it mainly for whatever treadure he's got to find.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 23, 2013

It's been a while since anybody has posted to this thread, but after replaying the uncharted trilogy and looking back on this thread, I feel that these rankings should be appropriate.

Katherine Marlowe: I know people complain about her lack of screen time, but since the games are told from Drake's perspective, that shouldn't be a factor for anybody on this list, even though many suffer from it. The series first female villain, and someone who really dissects Drake, thus raising the question if that really his name, a possible factor in U4. She's the one who really challenges Drake's physical and mental endurance. Her interesting mind games really made U3 playable, A true villain.

Atoq Navarro: The underdog villain. At first thought to be one of Gabriel Roman's goons, he takes the reigns of the operation near the end. Unfortunately, we fans underestimate his ability to be a high-ranking villain. However, he's not at the top because he doesn't test Drake as much as a #1 villain should.

Zoran Lazarevic: Who doesn't like a tough villain with military power and an accent? He throws so much at Drake, from helicopters to trains to tanks, which really made U2 fun to play. However, I think he's too in-your-face evil, and so much a cliche. To make an interesting villain, there has to be a limit to the "One more mistake and you die"'s and the "You fail me you lose your life"'s. He did test Drake's will when he was at his mercy. I mean, are they really that different? Because sometimes, I find it difficult to like a ruthless murderer who kills people with the excuse that he claims to be a famous explorer's descendant.

Ramses: Surprise, right? This is just a reminder that not all tertiary villains have to be tough or stupid. Ramses is a cheerful pirate who fools a master fortune hunter for three levels straight! The only thing that bugs me is that he didn't affect U3's plot much.

Harry Flynn: This is when the list shows the bad ones. I like the Chloe storyline and his humor and everything, but he's a total sap. He can't figure anything out for himself, and because of this, most of the villains' quest in U2 is following Drake. I was half-moved at his death scene when he told Elena reform was impossible for him. Why half-moved? Because in the end, he was still working for who he called "Lazarebitch!" Character development please!

Talbot: A fan favorite for most, and a smug rival of Drake's. I'd boost him up if it weren't for the fact that most of his actions were never explained. For example, how did he escape Nate in Syria after drugging Cutter? Or how did he survive when Cutter shot him? Or how does he see Drake (who was in pretty good cover) while extracting the hallucinogen in Uber, but not Sully who tackled him? If someone would give me a good explanation for these actions, I'd promote him.

Gabriel Roman: Extremely two-dimensional. He did nothing (Navarro did the work), and we know known of his flaws nor strengths. All we know that he was a loan shark from Sully's past. That's it.

Eddy Raja: Two words: EPIC FAIL. He's funny, in a pathetic way. I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for that guy with the rocket launcher in level six of the first game, Drake could've easily walked in and out with Elena. Didn't provide much of a challenge.

Draza: He had no dialogue, except "Enough!" "You won't get past me!" and some Russian lines. He was just a strong guy who was on a train. Such a waste of a character.

And that's it. I hope this agrees with most of you. Maybe the U4 villains will change this list. Can't wait to find out.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (273 Views)
0 Likes