Oct 12 2012
By: inigomontoya74 Sackboy 312 posts

Ranking the Best Plunder Maps (Non-DLC)

27 replies 276 views Edited Oct 12, 2012

Here's my list from the perspective of an idol carrier. I don't have any DLC, so it's limited to just the original maps. It's subjective and mostly based on which maps I've personally had the most fun playing and which maps I tend to have the most success on.

It's odd that on most maps I find it slightly easier to play as the heroes. I guess I just hate evil.

I'd be interested to hear which maps you enjoy most for Plunder and why.

1. Yemen
Great map. Nicely balanced. Fun mix of idol spawn points. I love that if I can just make it to the staircase (heroes) or tunnel (villains) while carrying the idol, I'm usually home free.

Preference: hero

2. Facility
The first throw is key, and I like the mad rush to be the first to get to the idols each time they spawn. Making a great first throw and dying immediately afterward feels like a significant accomplishment. 

3. London Underground
I shouldn't like this map so much, but I do. I like the challenge the train tracks present on the villain's side. And I like the cover that's provided on the hero's side.  

4. Airstrip
Surprising amount of cover for idol carriers given the open layout. Fun variety of idol spawn points. I've had some great reversals on this map (in my favor and against) where the idol carrier is killed right before capturing the idol and then the other team takes it coast-to-coast. I love those.  

Preference: villain

5. Desert Village
Small map = intense action. When playing as a hero, the little building to the left of the chest provides great cover for idol carriers and a chance to regain some health before going for the cap. 

6. Museum
The fact that the chests are so close together should make it unique and fun, but I just find it annoying. Little cover for carriers. Like Chateau, spawn points are right by the opposing chest, which leads to long, drawn-out firefights when you get close to capturing the idol. 

7. Syria
Frustrating. Clear lines of sight to the chests means you often get gunned down right before capturing the idol. I do like that the terrain makes it easy to whack people in the face with the idol when they are trying to chase you down.  

8. Chateau
Feels too repetitive to me. I don't like throwing the idol out a window and then having a big firefight in an open field trying to score the thing. Little to no cover for idol carriers. Spawn points right next to the chest feel cheap.

Preference: none 

9. Molten Ruins
My games on this map usually last forever. It's very hard to move the idols because you run through an open field with tons of high ground for snipers. I also hate throwing the idols up onto ledges to score them.

Preference: villain

(unranked) City of Brass and Highrise
Can't really comment. These might be great maps. But they rarely get any votes, so I've not played them enough to really have a good feel for them.

Message 1 of 28 (276 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7252 posts

Re: Ranking the Best Plunder Maps (Non-DLC)

Oct 12, 2012

Facility is no good for Heroes......Villians are way too OP in Facility

Sleep Matt signature
Message 2 of 28 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I get why you don't like chateau and museum due to the spawns, but I personally love those two maps for plunder. The fact that people constantly spawn near the chest leads to what I find to be awesome battles simply to score. It's also good, I think, because even if the match is unbalanced with one team better than the other, it can still become a close and well-fought match.

I don't like it as much when, if one person gets the chest to their side, they can carry it safely to their chest with me and my team powerless to stop them.

Message 3 of 28 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1839 posts

Oct 12, 2012

People actually play in the courtyards in Chateau with Objective based modes which makes this map enjoyable.. If you play TDM in Chateau it's just everyone in the house camping like a bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!11bleeepppp.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 4 of 28 (242 Views)
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Ehh, not so sure about this.

Message 5 of 28 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Oct 12, 2012
LU sucks in plunder because of the train tracks.

Highrise sucks because of how unbalanced the chest locations are, and the idol spawning to block deliveries.

And most of the other maps are unbalanced with thë chests.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 6 of 28 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

People actually play in the courtyards in Chateau with Objective based modes which makes this map enjoyable.. If you play TDM in Chateau it's just everyone in the house camping like a bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!11bleeepppp.

Yeah that's true. It's a really good map if people explore it more.

In TDM though, I actually try to avoid the top floor as much as possible. You can get a surprising amount of kills. A lot of the time players seem surprised that you're there and don't really react in time. It can be quite fun.

Message 7 of 28 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Museum and chateau are fun, matches on museum are usually very intense :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 8 of 28 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2204 posts

Oct 12, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
LU sucks in plunder because of the train tracks.

how so?

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 9 of 28 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Idk I just don't like how it gets stuck and you have to keep letting go of the idol.

I like the other chest where you can just walk straight in and deliver quickly before anyone Catches up to you.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 10 of 28 (209 Views)
0 Likes