I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 5, 2013
Well we already had the rare opportunity of having the four of us who were in the chat in the same game of hunter together. So it was the perfect opportunity to farm there. And we spent more time finding players and discussing our strategy than we did playing lol. So it was a pretty reasonable idea the other 3 of us had. I did get a rare treasure in the game too.
Message 21 of 76 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Can't you guys throw Elena's mountie hat in the mix for this VERY SPECIAL WEEKEND?

....... I really wanted that hat.

Message 22 of 76 (330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 5, 2013

After 10 matches of Arena, none a single rare treasure has dropped. **bleep** ND, stop trolling your fans. I just need the Yuan Fish Gold and the Tibetan Ring, I'm tired of getting useless duplicates.

Message 23 of 76 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

Jul 5, 2013

jeff_dorta wrote:

After 10 matches of Arena, none a single rare treasure has dropped. **bleep** ND, stop trolling your fans. I just need the Yuan Fish Gold and the Tibetan Ring, I'm tired of getting useless duplicates.

LOL, dont you know that  you get a higher chance of rarity drop rate for treasures from Hunter than regular Arena?

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 24 of 76 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:

jeff_dorta wrote:

LOL, dont you know that  you get a higher chance of rarity drop rate for treasures from Hunter than regular Arena?

Only reason anyone would play hunter is if they were boosting in it.

Hunter isn't worth the treasures, Nothing is worth the punishment that is Hunter mode.

Message 25 of 76 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Technically there are no "rare" treasures in Co-op Arena, meaning some treasures have a lower chance to drop than others. All treasures have an equal chance to drop in that mode so the treasure you haven't gotten yet seems "rare" to you. I simply increased the chance that a treasure will drop every time you kill an NPC. I cannot control if a duplicate treasure drops nor can I detect which treasure you specifically need. There is still an amount of randomness, but you should get a lot more treasures (especially in Crushing). There are definitely rare treasures in Co-op Adventure and competitive, and those percentages were definitely increased.

Message 26 of 76 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Jul 5, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Technically there are no "rare" treasures in Co-op Arena, meaning some treasures have a lower chance to drop than others. All treasures have an equal chance to drop in that mode so the treasure you haven't gotten yet seems "rare" to you. I simply increased the chance that a treasure will drop every time you kill an NPC. I cannot control if a duplicate treasure drops nor can I detect which treasure you specifically need. There is still an amount of randomness, but you should get a lot more treasures (especially in Crushing). There are definitely rare treasures in Co-op Adventure and competitive, and those percentages were definitely increased.

Could a list of the rare treasures and where you are most likely to find them be published?

As far as Arena goes. It doesn't feel random It feels as if its stuck on Picses. I get those pieces in every single match. I'm not even kidding.

You get the Arena treasures in Adventure?

Anyway. Still think you should simply sell the treasures. Better form of Microtransactions than buying the items.

Message 27 of 76 (285 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I played two Co-op arena matches last night & I got 2 rare treasures in one game guess luck was on my side.

Message 28 of 76 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jul 5, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Lol, it's a variety but mainly stuff involving pi and fractions with indices and all that stuff.

English - Owned

Music - Owned

Cooking - I'm a female. Owned

History - Owned

Science - I suck

Maths - I double dog dare suck

English - I suck
Music - lolwat

Cooking - lolwat

History - Double Owned

Science - lolwat except Chemistry Smiley Tongue

Maths - A grade - need I say more?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 29 of 76 (274 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I've been lucky too. I've played 8 games of comp modes, both Classic and FFA, and each game has produced a rare treasure. I already had all of the adventure treasures, but I helped a couple other people get sets they needed, and it's been insanely easy getting those too.

Gruber, I remember reading in the past that as far as co-op goes, you are 2x more likely to find a rare treasure in a game set to Hard, and 3x as likely on Crushing. Is that still currently accurate?

Message 30 of 76 (273 Views)
0 Likes