Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 5, 2013

Also, there are actual rare treasures being dropped. Got Sully's Dragon, Flynn's M9 and Sully's Arm Micro in one afternoon. Also completed Francis Drake set.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 31 of 76 (328 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Agreed. I've unlocked about 10 sets since Wednesday night. Two of the sets were from Arena/Hunter Arena. Only played a game of each. Hunter Arena isn't that much worse/boring than Arena. It actually has more options than Arena, where you kill the same NPC over and over again.

People just quit it a lot and have ruined the experience for most. I swear, people will act like Hunter Arena is worse than war or famine. Truth be told most just go there to boost, and if they don't find anything they're just upset about that. Idk. People complain too easily. About every little thing.
Message 32 of 76 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Technically there are no "rare" treasures in Co-op Arena, meaning some treasures have a lower chance to drop than others. All treasures have an equal chance to drop in that mode so the treasure you haven't gotten yet seems "rare" to you. I simply increased the chance that a treasure will drop every time you kill an NPC. I cannot control if a duplicate treasure drops nor can I detect which treasure you specifically need. There is still an amount of randomness, but you should get a lot more treasures (especially in Crushing). There are definitely rare treasures in Co-op Adventure and competitive, and those percentages were definitely increased.

Then why does Hunter have more rare drops??

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 33 of 76 (319 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 5, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Agreed. I've unlocked about 10 sets since Wednesday night. Two of the sets were from Arena/Hunter Arena. Only played a game of each. Hunter Arena isn't that much worse/boring than Arena. It actually has more options than Arena, where you kill the same NPC over and over again.

People just quit it a lot and have ruined the experience for most. I swear, people will act like Hunter Arena is worse than war or famine. Truth be told most just go there to boost, and if they don't find anything they're just upset about that. Idk. People complain too easily. About every little thing.

Hunter is unbalanced tho especially for villains spawning with a Para + lower health vs 2 people with AK's & normal health.

Plus the mode is incomplete confirmed by ND.

Message 34 of 76 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jul 5, 2013

nationm04 wrote:

well I don't mind it it's easy XP and treasures lol unlocked a whole bunch of stuff these past couple of days (explorer hat, yeti mask, night vision goggles etc.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 35 of 76 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 5, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

Technically there are no "rare" treasures in Co-op Arena, meaning some treasures have a lower chance to drop than others. All treasures have an equal chance to drop in that mode so the treasure you haven't gotten yet seems "rare" to you. I simply increased the chance that a treasure will drop every time you kill an NPC. I cannot control if a duplicate treasure drops nor can I detect which treasure you specifically need. There is still an amount of randomness, but you should get a lot more treasures (especially in Crushing). There are definitely rare treasures in Co-op Adventure and competitive, and those percentages were definitely increased.

To lure people into playing a half arsed mode.

Message 36 of 76 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

To lure people into playing a half arsed mode.

I figured that out long time ago... I just want an official response from a ND dev, if you get my drift. Smiley Wink

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 37 of 76 (299 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Don't both sides end up with the same opportunities tho? Being that it's 4 rounds. I'm not extremely familiar with Hunter, I've only played it a few times.

I guess I just feel that if you despise a game mode enough, not playing it would be the viable option. If I knew I didn't like something, I would stay away from it. Not play it and continue to complain. But, people also want the rare treasures from it.

Well, you can't always have your cake and eat it too. It would be like having a rich father who you hated. But you would still visit him from time to time because a lot of the time he would give you money when you saw him. Your friends would probably get sick of hearing you complain about him and listening to you say "omg I can't believe I had to spend a half hour with him on Christmas" as you pick them up in the new car he just bought you.

Sure, there are a handful of things I don't like about UC3 MP. Lag compensation, KAL users, bugs/glitches etc. But no game is perfect. It's one thing to vent to your friends in chat when you run into annoyances, it's another to start threads about every little problem you encounter.

I'm not going to go to the same restaurant every night and then write a review about how awful it is each time, just to go back the next night too.

Yes, I'm full of analogies.
Message 38 of 76 (293 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 5, 2013

The problem is that there is almost zero competition in 3rd person shooters, especially compared to FPS games.

I used to play UC2 MP, because I couldn't find a better TPS online game. I stopped playing it after they released the glorious UC3 Summer beta, though...

I tried to go back to UC2 MP after the UC3 beta ended, but I just couldn't stomach it anymore.

I'm pretty confident that as soon as they release UC4 MP, I won't go back to UC3 MP.

People should complain, as long as their feedback makes sense. That's the only way to improve a game.

ps: Regarding analogies, it's like being a fan of Chinese food and having only one crappy Chinese food restaurant in your area. As long as there is no competition, you'll keep going to the same crappy restaurant. Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 76 (286 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I know the Hunter farming. Tried after the Arena matches and in the game just dropped a single treasure, Ceremonial Blade, that I already had.

Message 40 of 76 (285 Views)
0 Likes