I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 5, 2013
I do like Chinese food, and when I get it, I have to drive 30 minutes to pick it up from the good restaurant lol. I'm not going to spend my money on bad food tho. I'd rather eat something else.

The "feedback" hasn't been new for a while now. I'm sure ND is more than aware of all the issues. I'm sure they were already aware of them through their own personal testing of it, and they have people who are trustworthy that will provide unbiased feedback.

But my point is, if I constantly talked bad about something, I would feel silly if I kept going back to that thing.

I do understand your point though, and appreciate the analogy too.

If I'm not able to enjoy any video games at one point, I won't pick out the one I hate the least. I'll put down the controller and find something else to do. Which happens pretty much daily lol. Luckily, I don't have much time to play anyway bc of other things going on in my life. School, gym, gf, family, friends etc, or else maybe I would feel different.
Message 41 of 76 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Jul 5, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Agreed. I've unlocked about 10 sets since Wednesday night. Two of the sets were from Arena/Hunter Arena. Only played a game of each. Hunter Arena isn't that much worse/boring than Arena. It actually has more options than Arena, where you kill the same NPC over and over again.

People just quit it a lot and have ruined the experience for most. I swear, people will act like Hunter Arena is worse than war or famine. Truth be told most just go there to boost, and if they don't find anything they're just upset about that. Idk. People complain too easily. About every little thing.

The only thing that bothers me about Hunter Arena is that if your winning and the other team quits, it wont count as a win most of the time. This sucks when your on round 2 or 3 with a lead and you just get booted back to the lobby with no win and 10+ min of your time wasted.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 42 of 76 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Still haven't found my drop, but have found a **bleep**load of rares in Hunter so far. Just give me Marlowe's Stylish Glasses again already! Sheesh, I just want to enjoy Co-Op without caring for a single drop. Found lots of Silver Bracelets and Jade Seals...

Completed the Tint Glasses set in Elimination and the 3D Glasses set in Plunder.

I'd advise for anyone that's hunting for rare Co-Op treasures and playing Hunter in public matchmaking to just not give a **bleep** about the outcome of a match. If your partner leaves, just stay and kill and try to horde the chests. You'll get plenty of easier kills when you're a Hero since you don't have to worry about the opposing team getting downed and having to heal each other. You can get a pretty good idea where a chest will spawn depending on where most players are located.

0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I just played Coop.-Adventure got Sir Francis Drake, Donut-Drake, Skelzor and Dschingis Khan. And for Marco Polo I need two Treasures. This is an awesome Event! I got that Ring (second Treasure) for Sir Francis Drake in the first Run!

But in Competetive Modes and in Coop.-Arena I got nothing new ( ._.)

So if you Guys don't have the Skeletons/Donut Drake: Play Coop.-Adventure!

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 44 of 76 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Managed to complete a ridiculous number of sets in competitive modes (didn't want to do co op much) this weekend with treasure hunter. Think in 2 consecutive matches of FFA I finished 4 sets (this is a mode I have probably played a single digit number of times since I got the game Xmas 2011. I am now basically at a point where with the exception of classic (need 2) and team deathmatch ( need 3) I'm now at a point where I only need 1 treasure in each competitive mode which is cool but I doubt I'm really motivated to 'grind' each mode for that 1 last treasure. I'm not too bothered about it, but what does bother me is it highlights how flawed and awful the treasure system is that someone could have spent hours upon hours to complete sets in all the different modes for the past 20 months only for someone else to start and complete their sets in only a handful of matches this weekend.

Also, is the stat hats in splitscreen bug going to be fixed? Really annoying and I don't know whether the bug is just cosmetic or effects stats as well.

Message 45 of 76 (246 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Well they did say they were going to very generous with the treasure system this weekend. But, I can understand how some would be frustrated. Personally, I put a LOT of time into unlocking the adventure treasures just last week or so. And those too have been dropping like crazy for the people I've helped over the weekend.

I wasn't close to having all of the Competitive mode treasures completed at the start of the weekend. But now, I have all of the for TDM and Plunder. I need one more for TO, 3TDM and Elimination and two more for Classic. I can probably get the remainding treasures in just a few games tho.

I haven't played as much co-op, but I did get two treasures I needed there is 3 games.
Message 46 of 76 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4172 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

I've unlocked Skelzor. Sir Francis Drake, Slim Glasses for Chloe, and the Beret for Young Marlowe over the past 2 days. Pretty good, but none of the extremely rare Treasures that I wanted.

Edit, also unlocked Eddy's Gold Glasses just now.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign
Message 47 of 76 (218 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12025 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

I finally completed all of the Co-op Hunter Arena and Co-op Arena treasure sets this weekend. I still have a few Co-op Adventure treasure sets left to complete but, as far as I’m concerned, the worst is over. I completed all of the original competitive treasure sets a long time ago.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 48 of 76 (209 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 8, 2013
The adventure ones are dropping like crazy over the weekend. I would suggest running thru those last levels within the next 5 hours.
Message 49 of 76 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10205 posts

Jul 8, 2013

I got Doughnut Drake and Aviators. Once I get Drake's Cap, I'm done constantly changing characters.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 50 of 76 (177 Views)
0 Likes