Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 8, 2013

Has anyone else noticed that the only accessories we get are for the characters we DON'T use?

I mean I tried for months on end to get Chloe's Winter Hat and Slim Glasses. Then I bought Winter Chloe and didn't have to and what do you know I unlock it.

 

Now I'm trying to get Elena's Cat Ears and can't find them but my friends who never use Elena have them. They need all of Drake's or Sully's accessories and I have them all. I think this is a mind game. Use the characters who you hate to get the treasures you love.

Bang Bang!

Message 61 of 76 (307 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 9, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that the only accessories we get are for the characters we DON'T use?

I mean I tried for months on end to get Chloe's Winter Hat and Slim Glasses. Then I bought Winter Chloe and didn't have to and what do you know I unlock it.

 

Now I'm trying to get Elena's Cat Ears and can't find them but my friends who never use Elena have them. They need all of Drake's or Sully's accessories and I have them all. I think this is a mind game. Use the characters who you hate to get the treasures you love.


That may be true. I got the cat ears, and I always used to use chloe.. and I have nothing unlocked for her apart from drunk bought dlc.



Message 62 of 76 (299 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/28/2013
Offline
179 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that the only accessories we get are for the characters we DON'T use?

I mean I tried for months on end to get Chloe's Winter Hat and Slim Glasses. Then I bought Winter Chloe and didn't have to and what do you know I unlock it.

 

Now I'm trying to get Elena's Cat Ears and can't find them but my friends who never use Elena have them. They need all of Drake's or Sully's accessories and I have them all. I think this is a mind game. Use the characters who you hate to get the treasures you love.


That may be true. I got the cat ears, and I always used to use chloe.. and I have nothing unlocked for her apart from drunk bought dlc.


You don't have her Winter Hat?

And I always find her second treasure in Arena....you see how things are, the treasure you want the most is the last one youre gonna find Smiley Sad

 

I found both Elena's cat Ears and Chloe's Winter Hat second treasures in Arena, but I can't find the last for the Aviators....good thing I play with Chloe and Elena way more I play with Drake, lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com/user/Artennos
Message 63 of 76 (289 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 9, 2013
Lol I got crap I rarely use as well.

@Aure Fat Nate is bugged? That's odd, sonce I got him over the drop weekend. Smiley Sad
I wasn't even trying since my main objective then was to MAYBE have an intact statue but obviously my teammates are both floorsweepers.

@aviator post

Hell I forgot. I was with a bunch of randoms. Either I got it in Plaza or in Fort.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 64 of 76 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 9, 2013

I have ChloChlo's Winter Hat. I have all her accessories on her vanilla skin but now I either use Winter Chloe or vanilla Elena. I wish we could trade things! We could give friends money but would have to put in an in-game pin number to transfer and do the same with treasures. If your friend has a treasure from an item they will never use, they can give it to you via trading and after putting in the in-game pin number.

 

It'll save us all heaps of time.

Bang Bang!

Message 65 of 76 (278 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 9, 2013
Ball cap for my Elena's Cat Ears, anyone?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 66 of 76 (271 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/22/2013
Offline
1099 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 9, 2013
Donut Drake was the first skin I unlocked from Adventure. No clue when I unlocked it, it was before I ever attempted or even knew about unlocking stuff. Must have happened randomly within the first few times I played Monastery. Same with the cat ears and winter hat. I have them unlocked but don't remember when. Those both must have been regular Arena as I've only played two games of hunter, and remember what treasures I got.
Message 67 of 76 (264 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/22/2013
Offline
1099 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 9, 2013
Oh, and I will mention my theory again. The more I test this hypothesis out, the closer I am to calling it a law (in my own opinion, for any science nerds to appreciate).

Have you noticed that once you find a rare treasure, it isn't rare anymore for you? Like, let's say I have been looking for a treasure for two months but can't find it. Then, I finally do. Well from there on, I continually find that same treasure all the time. So therefore, if a friend needs a treasure I already possess, playing with me will heighten their chances of finding it from one of my kills. And vice versa.

I've tested this out in several different instances, and so far, it seems relatively irrefutable. Maybe more people can test it as well, or add any hypotheses they have.
Message 68 of 76 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
650 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Oh, and I will mention my theory again. The more I test this hypothesis out, the closer I am to calling it a law (in my own opinion, for any science nerds to appreciate).

Have you noticed that once you find a rare treasure, it isn't rare anymore for you? Like, let's say I have been looking for a treasure for two months but can't find it. Then, I finally do. Well from there on, I continually find that same treasure all the time. So therefore, if a friend needs a treasure I already possess, playing with me will heighten their chances of finding it from one of my kills. And vice versa.

I've tested this out in several different instances, and so far, it seems relatively irrefutable. Maybe more people can test it as well, or add any hypotheses they have.

I don't think this works because whenever I play Arena with my friend that has all rare treasures, I can never get the rare treasure that I want. One thing I did notice is that if you both have the same rare treasure already, it will drop more frequently than other treasures that are considered "rare".

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 69 of 76 (252 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

[ Edited ]
last month
 
Message 70 of 76 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes