Wastelander
685 posts

Re: Rare Treasure Drop Weekend

Jul 9, 2013

Bronze Nepali Lion for Salim’s Goggles AND a trophy.  Sigh.  This continues to elude me.

I play mostly coop Arena…over 2000 completions…over 180 000 kills.  Hunter Arena…I know, I know – but I can stand only so much of it. Smiley Indifferent

I don’t know how many rare treasure drop weekends there have been but it’s remarkable to me that so many people are still missing one or two coop treasures AND how the same treasures keep coming up time after time (for me anyway).  Wild coincidence, I suppose.  I’m sick of seeing Newari figures and the other treasure from the last set I need to complete (I pick up the Bronze Nepali Animal ALL the time – it would not be too much of an exaggeration to say it’s every 10th treasure or so).  I love ND’s games but the stated treasure drop algorithm does not seem to jive with reality.  I’m clearly becoming paranoid because it seems as though the game code “knows” what treasures the players already have and drops those more often.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Rare Treasure Drop is useless for Coop Arena.  Having said that, I did pick up 5 competitive treasures this past weekend so that’s a plus and a friend finally got her final coop treasure (congrats Snow).  Now I have only TO and Plunder treasures to finish on the comp side (Halleluiah, no more FFA!)

Maybe not today or tomorrow but eventually, UC3 will fade to black…it’d be awfully nice if we could get all the coop treasures (comp too but in the end, I care more about a trophy than some headgear or weapon).  At the risk of drawing the wrath of ND, I’d love to see the actual algorithm for the Arena treasure drops so I could maximize my chance of getting a trophy that sorry, but I feel I should have gotten a long, long time ago.

There, rant done.

Message 71 of 76 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Artennos wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that the only accessories we get are for the characters we DON'T use?

I mean I tried for months on end to get Chloe's Winter Hat and Slim Glasses. Then I bought Winter Chloe and didn't have to and what do you know I unlock it.

Now I'm trying to get Elena's Cat Ears and can't find them but my friends who never use Elena have them. They need all of Drake's or Sully's accessories and I have them all. I think this is a mind game. Use the characters who you hate to get the treasures you love.

That may be true. I got the cat ears, and I always used to use chloe.. and I have nothing unlocked for her apart from drunk bought dlc.

You don't have her Winter Hat?

And I always find her second treasure in Arena....you see how things are, the treasure you want the most is the last one youre gonna find Smiley Sad

I found both Elena's cat Ears and Chloe's Winter Hat second treasures in Arena, but I can't find the last for the Aviators....good thing I play with Chloe and Elena way more I play with Drake, lol

They seriously need to sell the treasures.

Then again.. It's ND...

They have no concept of what is good business.

Message 72 of 76 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Artennos wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that the only accessories we get are for the characters we DON'T use?

I mean I tried for months on end to get Chloe's Winter Hat and Slim Glasses. Then I bought Winter Chloe and didn't have to and what do you know I unlock it.

Now I'm trying to get Elena's Cat Ears and can't find them but my friends who never use Elena have them. They need all of Drake's or Sully's accessories and I have them all. I think this is a mind game. Use the characters who you hate to get the treasures you love.

That may be true. I got the cat ears, and I always used to use chloe.. and I have nothing unlocked for her apart from drunk bought dlc.

And I always find her second treasure in Arena....you see how things are, the treasure you want the most is the last one youre gonna find Smiley Sad

I found both Elena's cat Ears and Chloe's Winter Hat second treasures in Arena, but I can't find the last for the Aviators....good thing I play with Chloe and Elena way more I play with Drake, lol

Then again.. It's ND...

Yes, I agree! Smiley Sad

Keep playing Arena with me and you'll find some treasures you're missing!

I always find the same treasures and you need some of them Smiley Happy

I think it could work! Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com/user/Artennos
Message 73 of 76 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Artennos wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Then again.. It's ND...

Bang Bang!

Message 74 of 76 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Easy solution, get friends who have the treasure you have and vice versa so you have their treasures and do the Chateau glitch. I'd do it but it gets boring after a while :/

Bang Bang!

Message 75 of 76 (330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Please add me, Id like to play with you in order to unlock some skins. I think I play pretty good! Add me @CASHNOUT123

PSN: @CASHNOUT123
Message 76 of 76 (303 Views)
0 Likes