Highlighted
Aug 27 2012
By: Aureilia Welcoming Committee 14387 posts

Rare Treasure Drops Weekend for Co-op Arena and Competitive (Support)

[ Edited ]
133 replies 2395 views Edited Aug 28, 2012

A while back I posted a thread about having double cash, apparently I was alone on that one and it wasn't really what everyone wanted. I accepted that and moved on.

I hope this will be received better.

I know we have a new Micro transaction system, but a Micro transaction system where you don't buy the treasures and only the actual items isn't going to go down too well when you are forcing trophies on people that still require you to play the modes, so whos going to pay for this when they have to play regardless.

Your solution here is to either let the treasure set be completed by buying the items or to have rare drop weekend.

There are people over on other forums... I probably shouldn't say it... but it's a PS3trophy based site.

Some of the people there have clocked over 1000 hours and not completed the sets. Now.. That tells you that it's either broken or so rare that it's near impossible.

We need to have a weekend for rarer treasures. No one can be expected to enjoy 1000+ hours of co-op. Playing out the same scenario over and over again, not only is this boring but it also reflects on ND in a negative light.

It has been brought to my attention that treasures are similar to co-op in competitive modes also, I don't personally collect the competitive treasures so I wasn't aware of what I have and don't have, I'm looking as I type this.

However. looking at my record, I've played over 1400 games which clocks in at over 800 hours including what I've done on co-op and not having all the competitive treasures is also rather horrifying and should be looked at. I was however aware of the Hardcore no Talbot FAL-SS issue which indicated that the issue spans across all modes and being asked to play hours and hours of modes is taking it's toll on players, testing paitience and bordem limitations.

Just imagine you don't even like the mode you want the treasure from, it wouldn't be that long before you just have enough of the game itself.

Rare drops weekend needed. Lets do it, lets get behind this and lets start getting rewarded for our time and effort. Lets not have to play modes we are tired of, lets not have to be bored senseless.

Message 1 of 134 (2,395 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Re: Rare Treasure Drops Weekend for Co-op Arena

Aug 27, 2012
Good idea. I'd like Double Cash too, but this would also be sweet.
Message 2 of 134 (2,385 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Aug 27, 2012

This would be bowss

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kal 7 Expert, Master of Sarcasm, Maker of TheGamerFromSpace Community Project
Message 3 of 134 (2,384 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

Change the title to "Rare Treasure Drops Weekend for ALL modes" and I fully agree with you. Personally, I already completed every co-op and comp. set long ago and the only treasures I still need now are only the new annoying Elimination and Hardcore treasures sets for the custom hero/ villain, which I'm also halfway done by now. Yeah, you can tell I played UC3 a lot the last weeks.

Edit: Thanks, now it's kudos worthy.

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 4 of 134 (2,380 Views)
Sackboy
476 posts

Aug 27, 2012
I have been asking for a rare treasure drop weekend for a long time and I really want it to happen, but it should be for all modes instead
Message 5 of 134 (2,362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
435 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Yeah I'll kudos this.

I'm pretty sure I'm done receiving any rare treasures in co-op arena.

But their solution will probably just make you buy it for real money in stage 3 right?

If ND actually played Hunter Arena, I'm sure they would give them to us for free, for making up how horrendous that mode is.

Message 6 of 134 (2,345 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14387 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Psyschock wrote:

Change the title to "Rare Treasure Drops Weekend for ALL modes" and I fully agree with you. Personally, I already completed every co-op and comp. set long ago and the only treasures I still need now are only the new annoying Elimination and Hardcore treasures sets for the custom hero/ villain, which I'm also halfway done by now. Yeah, you can tell I played UC3 a lot the last weeks.

I'll work on rewording some of it.

Message 7 of 134 (2,330 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 27, 2012

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 8 of 134 (2,328 Views)
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Aug 27, 2012
Agreed, Rare Treasure Drop Weekends are needed.

What is going to happen though is that we'll get the chance to buy missing treasures with real money. Ever wanted that Gold Buddha for Cat Ears -treasure set? Gold Buddha now available for 0.99$ in PSN Store!

Ok lol let's be serious. If someone spends 1000 hours for finding treasures and STILL hasn't completed all treasure sets, then something is wrong. Either a broken treasure system or insane grinding needed to get every treasure. We need these weekends.
Message 9 of 134 (2,327 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Yeah this or make all treasures able to be got in ANY mode.

Message 10 of 134 (2,319 Views)
0 Likes