Uncharted Territory
1572 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 Announced @ VGA 2013 soon™...

Jun 11, 2013

I don't get it. Why are people expecting Naughty Dog to announce Uncharted 4 this early?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 186 (360 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1763 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

No Uncharted 4 and on top of that, not a single new title (only the order 1886), why did they ignore that, isn't the PS4 supposed to be all about the games? I know all first party studio's are working on PS4 games, but seriously couldn't they show more than 1? also it was very confusing, can someone clear some things up for me:

- Final Fantasy Versus 13 was an exclusive for the ps3 right? but got delayed over and over again? and now it's on PS4, but it's called Final Fantasy 15, is it still exclusive?

- Kingdom Hearts looked like crap, is this a HD remake or something or a new entry in the series? (not that I care, it's not my type of game, but I just want to know what is going on)

- Sony said they have 140 titles in the works for PS4, of which 100 will launch in it's first year, and 40 from the total 140 exclusives and 20 of the 40 exlusives will come in the first year of the PS4, is that correct?

I'm also very disappointed with paying for online, it is understandable, because they have to improve PSN and that costs a lot of money, so I guess it's fair to charge for it, I'm not a PC gamer, can a PC gamer explain me how this works on PC? who pays for the servers and the network and stuff? do you have to pay for said network and stuff, or is it for free?

On most PC games people can rent their own server. A thing I really like about PC gaming is that they give power to the people. ( think about open source games so people can make their own mods, skins, maps etc..) This way games will stay longer in the scene.

http://www.ycn-hosting.com/ An example of a game server provider.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 186 (357 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I'm kinda scared about FFXV as although it looks amazing, due to the track record of the past few FF games, I'm scared of it being linear... Kingdom hearts sparked by interest, and to Matt's comment, it is KH3 but it doesn't seem like it will release anytime soon, but they are releasing what looks like HD remakes of 1 & 2 to tie people over and/or catch up on the story.

All I know is PS4 did things right, and although not showing too much new things, did tie me over enough for not exactly a day 1 buy, but possibly by the end of this year for sure.

Also their video on how to share PS4 games was hilarious :smileyvery-happy:

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 186 (335 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

No Uncharted 4 and on top of that, not a single new title (only the order 1886), why did they ignore that, isn't the PS4 supposed to be all about the games? I know all first party studio's are working on PS4 games, but seriously couldn't they show more than 1? also it was very confusing, can someone clear some things up for me:

- Final Fantasy Versus 13 was an exclusive for the ps3 right? but got delayed over and over again? and now it's on PS4, but it's called Final Fantasy 15, is it still exclusive?

- Kingdom Hearts looked like crap, is this a HD remake or something or a new entry in the series? (not that I care, it's not my type of game, but I just want to know what is going on)

- Sony said they have 140 titles in the works for PS4, of which 100 will launch in it's first year, and 40 from the total 140 exclusives and 20 of the 40 exlusives will come in the first year of the PS4, is that correct?

I'm also very disappointed with paying for online, it is understandable, because they have to improve PSN and that costs a lot of money, so I guess it's fair to charge for it, I'm not a PC gamer, can a PC gamer explain me how this works on PC? who pays for the servers and the network and stuff? do you have to pay for said network and stuff, or is it for free?

Well UC4 was never guaranteed we were simply hoping but Sony has 'Gamescon in August' plus they said they will be hosting other small events throughout the year so i'm guessing they are saving other surprises to keep the momentum as we get closer to the launch plus there will be some huge stuff at the VGA's that seems to be ND & Sony Santa Monica's reveal event.

FF 15 is exclusive to both PS3 & PS4.

KH3 is a brand new entry.

Not sure about the exclusives though but I know for sure those 40 exclusives aren't all Triple A Games some are indie games so 20 exclusives seems possible.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 186 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 11, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I'm kinda scared about FFXV as although it looks amazing, due to the track record of the past few FF games, I'm scared of it being linear... Kingdom hearts sparked by interest, and to Matt's comment, it is KH3 but it doesn't seem like it will release anytime soon, but they are releasing what looks like HD remakes of 1 & 2 to tie people over and/or catch up on the story.

All I know is PS4 did things right, and although not showing too much new things, did tie me over enough for not exactly a day 1 buy, but possibly by the end of this year for sure.

Also their video on how to share PS4 games was hilarious :smileyvery-happy:

It won't be linear & Sony is co developing FF 15 to help speed up production.

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 186 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Is there anything related to FFXV out, besides the trailer?

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 186 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 11, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Is there anything related to FFXV out, besides the trailer?

Well it's basically FF13 Versus they just renamed it, Information is all over the net. 
Just search Using FF XIII Versus.
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 186 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12983 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

@Aureilia

http://twitter.com/yosp/status/344369977438126080

Happy now? :smileyhappy:

A little.. I didn't see this here so I already tweeted him and asked. x.x

That should be announced all around though. Otherwise people are just going to buy the XBOX One.

Without that, I'd take all the drawbacks of the XBOX One and skip Sony.

With it. It makes the XBOX One inferior again.

I still think XBOX One was the more impressive event though over E3.

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 186 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I would say that the only reason XBone seemed a bit better than ps4 is they shoved all their games into E3. While sony showed the majority of their games at the reveal and only a little at E3.

What seemed to put Sony over the top is the focus they had on video games overall. Seems like that both console will lift off the shelves almost evenly in November and christmas, but in the long run the ps4 will do better most likely.

With the only fee being about online, which most people expected, on the ps4 and all the restrictions, requirements, and fees on the xbox it really seems like Microsoft will go downhill with this console fast and only be kept by casuals and fanboys.

I don't see how a online fee added to sony's online, which has been on Microsoft's already will make people choose the xbone over the ps4.

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 186 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12983 posts

Jun 11, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I would say that the only reason XBone seemed a bit better than ps4 is they shoved all their games into E3. While sony showed the majority of their games at the reveal and only a little at E3.

What seemed to put Sony over the top is the focus they had on video games overall. Seems like that both console will lift off the shelves almost evenly in November and christmas, but in the long run the ps4 will do better most likely.

With the only fee being about online, which most people expected, on the ps4 and all the restrictions, requirements, and fees on the xbox it really seems like Microsoft will go downhill with this console fast and only be kept by casuals and fanboys.

I don't see how a online fee added to sony's online, which has been on Microsoft's already will make people choose the xbone over the ps4.

No one knew if it was a case of you pay once for the entire family or if you do it XBOX 360 style and pay multiple times.

Anyone who has a console played by more than one person and knows the score would be buying the system which is guarenteed to support a family with one subscription.

Plus Sony does have DRM.

PS+ has it.

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 186 (250 Views)
0 Likes