Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 Announced @ VGA 2013 soon™...

Jun 11, 2013

I really hate how people are accepting this.

Yet everyone who accepted it, didn't accept Microsoft doing it.

Cough.. Double Standards.

Message 51 of 186 (456 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

XBL Gold used to offer online gaming and no free games, which is honestly a rip off. Now it also gives you 2 XBOX360 games/month, but PS+ is still the better deal ($50 for 65+ games/year).

I'd say that PS+ is worth its money, especially if you plan to have all 3 consoles (PS3 + Vita + PS4). I prefer paid online instead of DRM/always on shenanigans. It could be worse. My only concern is that some of my friends might not be able to play online games with me. :\

I understand that PS+ may be a bad deal if you buy most games on day 1, but personally I'm a patient person and I tend to buy games from the bargain bin, unless a game is really exceptional. You can also sell those physical games when they join the PS+ IGC and fund the PS+ subscription cost.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 52 of 186 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

XBL Gold used to offer online gaming and no free games, which is honestly a rip off. Now it also gives you 2 XBOX360 games/month, but PS+ is still the better deal ($50 for 65+ games/year).

I'd say that PS+ is worth its money, especially if you plan to have all 3 consoles (PS3 + Vita + PS4). I prefer paid online instead of DRM/always on shenanigans. It could be worse. My only concern is that some of my friends might not be able to play online games with me. :\

I understand that PS+ may be a bad deal if you buy most games on day 1, but personally I'm a patient person and I tend to buy games from the bargain bin, unless a game is really exceptional. You can also sell those physical games when they join the PS+ IGC and fund the PS+ subscription cost.

I'm a day one buyer. So it's actually a worthless investment from a gaming standpoint for me.

and the games on PS+ are not mine. They are rentals.

As soon as the plus thing ends I can't touch them, that's some wild protection for a company not enforcing DRM.

Anyway...

Microsoft have won as far as I'm concerned...

Gold Sharing is just the perfect solution to the issue I have. Too many gamers under one household. PS4 isn't worth the investment. Not even I can afford what they are pulling.

Message 53 of 186 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I'm a day one buyer. So it's actually a worthless investment from a gaming standpoint for me.

As soon as the plus thing ends I can't touch them, that's some wild protection for a company not enforcing DRM.

Anyway...

Gold Sharing is just the perfect solution to the issue I have. Too many gamers under one household. PS4 isn't worth the investment. Not even I can afford what they are pulling.

They are rentals yeah, but you have all year round to finish them, what else do you do with a single player game after completing it fully? I'd sell it anyway, so it doesn't matter.

And who said PS Plus won't have the sharing feature? I'm pretty sure it does, just like sharing the games you get from Plus on the same console regardless of account. Another example how you tend to only look at the worse. Sony doesn't say anything, so you automatically start spreading your false/speculated thoughts (which are negative) to everyone.

I'm not very happy to pay for ONLINE PLAY only, but I don't mind it since it's part of an already awesome deal that I already am subscribed to and will subscribe to in the next gen. If you don't like games offered, then take it for the discounts/betas/auto-matic updates/exclusive PS4 features like Gaiki.

Message 54 of 186 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

1) and the games on PS+ are not mine. They are rentals.

2) Gold Sharing is just the perfect solution to the issue I have. Too many gamers under one household. PS4 isn't worth the investment. Not even I can afford what they are pulling.

1) You could say the same thing for XBone games. The only difference is that you'll also have a useless coaster as soon as the servers go down.

PS+ games can be played while you're offline, while XBone games need to be authenticated every 24 hours.

2) Maybe Sony will do the same thing for PS+, who knows. You can already play PS+ games from all accounts and also have PS+ on an additional console.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 55 of 186 (411 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Anyway...

They are rentals yeah, but you have all year round to finish them, what else do you do with a single player game after completing it fully? I'd sell it anyway, so it doesn't matter.

And who said PS Plus won't have the sharing feature? I'm pretty sure it does, just like sharing the games you get from Plus on the same console regardless of account. Another example how you tend to only look at the worse. Sony doesn't say anything, so you automatically start spreading your false/speculated thoughts (which are negative) to everyone.

I'm not very happy to pay for ONLINE PLAY only, but I don't mind it since it's part of an already awesome deal that I already am subscribed to and will subscribe to in the next gen. If you don't like games offered, then take it for the discounts/betas/auto-matic updates/exclusive PS4 features like Gaiki.

Am I supposed to assume there will be shared subscriptions? Because they never said it.

If you assume there will be, you are heading for a massive let down.

Anyway negative? Nothing really negative, Sony's competition are offering Gold share. I'm headed towards the next generation.

what do I need automatic updates for? I can just click and update in a few minutes anyway.. and I never wanted the features. I buy a PS4/XBOX One to play PS4/XBOX One games. and there was only one good beta in the entire sub time.

Discounts on games that are sold in stores in the real world are usually still cheaper in the real world. I don't know what the service is like where you are but here.. It's not worth anything. apart from the beta access.. which they only gave one good beta in the entire year.

Anyway. I can bypass how much of a crappy service it is. As long as they confirm it's shared or not. Afterall It's not like Microsoft's service apart from the shared gold subscription would be any better.

I'd rather expect the worst and not be let down. Expect the best and you will always be let down.

Message 56 of 186 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 11, 2013
I still think free PSN is pretty cool. I never bought PS+ since it never appealed to me and stuff, but I guess it's a requirement this time around, so there's that.

I just looked up this Gaikai thing. It sounds cool, but no thanks. I guess the only thing PS+ has got going for me is that I have to get it to play The Crew.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 57 of 186 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Ah, nevermind. I'm not being part of this.

Message 58 of 186 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 11, 2013

@Aureilia

http://twitter.com/yosp/status/344369977438126080

Happy now? Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 186 (365 Views)
Survivor
2678 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

pfffft.......I'm ecstatic you have to pay for PS+ to play your games online.   Some of you may recall that I was begging Sony to charge for it's online service years ago.  This will definitely cut down on all the little kids you run into online.  Anybody with any kind of job can easily afford the low, low price.   Even teenagers not old enough to work yet can probably easily pay for the subscribtion with money from birthday cards or whatever.  9 year old kids, however, will be left playing offline yelling at the tv as they play single player........as they should be.  PS+ is a great service anyway.  Even with free PSN I've been a PS+ member since it was released.  I play very few video games and it's a great service even for an old dude like me.  Younger folks who play more video games will get far more use out of the service. 

PS4 knocked it out of the park this gen while xbox simultaneously **bleep** the bed.   Whoever the mastermind was at Microsoft who decided that you must have an internet connection to play games you purchase lost that company hundreds of millions of dollars.  The other genius who decided that games would be tied to a specific account (no used games) lost them a few more million dollars. 

going to pre-order my PS4 today.   Last go round I at least gave the 360 a chance before ditching it altogether in favor of my PS3, not even bothering this time around. 

Message 60 of 186 (355 Views)