Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 Announced @ VGA 2013 soon™...

Jun 11, 2013
@evil But what if they ask their parents to buy PS+? Just putting it out there. I mean, if parents buy iPhones and iPads for kids... Yeah.

What Sony does do is let SP gamers have offline fun. That is definitely true. I don't know about you guys, but I prefer SP to MP, so it's great I don't have to be online while I'm playing GTA 5 or something.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 61 of 186 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

word Stunt, I know there will be a lot of that.   It will, however, cut down on the amount of little kids.   even 1% less is an improvement but I'm sure it will be much more than that.....

most of the very young kids (seriously like 5-10 years old) on U3's MP is due to PSN being free.   While some parents wouldn't mind paying the subscription, a lot would.   I know that if the internet had existed when I was that age, my parents would have told me to shut up and play my games offline.  If I didn't like it, go outside and play. 

also, I know a lot of kids get iphones and whatnot because the parents can just add the phone to their existing account for like $10 a month.   All of my nieces and nephews have phones and have since they were 10 years old for that reason.   I think more parents are likely to pay a little to add their child onto a service they already purchase for themselves than would buy a standalone service specificly for their child that they wouldn't be using at all. 

Message 62 of 186 (427 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 11, 2013
Well, $5 a month is cheaper than $10 a month, but I see what you're getting at.

I do hope that a huge chunk of trashtalkers are included in the "I can't afford PS+" group. I hate those guys. No respect for fellow players.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 63 of 186 (412 Views)
Survivor
2678 posts

Jun 11, 2013

sadly, I don't believe the trashtalkers will be affected at all.  Those trashtalkers are the hardcore gamer guys who stay inside 24/7 staring at their tv screens because nobody in the real world will talk to them.   They won't be concerned about having to pay for PS+ 'cause they have plenty of money...........since they're not spending any money by taking women out on dates or anything.

ps.  when I say "plenty of money" I don't mean that they make plenty of money.  most of those guys are probably assemlbing hamburgers at McDonalds or Wendys for minimum wage.  It's just that they don't have anything else for them to spend their money on.   

Message 64 of 186 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 11, 2013
Lol. Goddamn, that's the only thing I wanted out. I REALLY hate trashtalkers.
Message 65 of 186 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jun 11, 2013
I accept paying for online because I have to accept it. It's not a big deal for me to pay 50 bucks a year or whatever. I'd prefer not to but I'll do what I have to in order to play the games I want.
Message 66 of 186 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jun 11, 2013
Compared to my car payment or gas bill, paying for PS Plus is peanuts.
Message 67 of 186 (398 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jun 11, 2013
Stunt Double clearly doesn't have a job. When he says he won't eat for months he means his school lunch money will be gone. Go mow some lawns or something. I mean, holy he'll it's not hard to make 50 bucks in any society where owing a PS4 is feasible.
Message 68 of 186 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 11, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
Stunt Double clearly doesn't have a job. When he says he won't eat for months he means his school lunch money will be gone. Go mow some lawns or something. I mean, holy he'll it's not hard to make 50 bucks in any society where owing a PS4 is feasible.

That's correct. I don't have a job because I'm still in school.

Also, I'm in a third world country, so there's not much lawns to mow, there's definitely no snow to shovel, and car washing is done by the car owners themselves to save on money.

And no, owning a console isn't for everyone here. Most Filipinos can't go for consoles all the time, hence PC gaming.

Do you just assume everyone's rich or something?

Message 69 of 186 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

I said in a country where owning a PS4 is feasible. Are you blind or something?

Message 70 of 186 (386 Views)
0 Likes